game crashes at the unreal loading black screen

p4tr1ckth3m45t3r

greetings

I downloaded the game and played it for like a week, it was running smooth on my TUF gaming laptop. today, I Tried to open the game and for some reason it would start but it keeps crashing on the loading unreal black screen.

I attached my log below in the files.

your help will be very appreciated

thanks.

23-12-2019 - 03-12-28-Application.zip

it happens when I try to join a server or launch it normally without joining any server.

and I just realized that also when I try to run Renegade Black Dawn it crashes in the same exact way, that's weird because I didn't update or changed anything.

Edited by p4tr1ckth3m45t3r
addional information

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, p4tr1ckth3m45t3r said:

i tried restarting the game, it didn't help :(

I attached the log below

thanks.

Launch-backup-2019.01.25-21.51.09.log

As in the 'reset game' button in the launcher? 

Generally the reason for hangs on that screen is bad configs. Reset game sports those out.

If it fails, try going to UDKGame\Config and delete all the files that begin with UDK. Then start the game. 

On 1/25/2019 at 6:54 PM, p4tr1ckth3m45t3r said:

it happens when I try to join a server or launch it normally without joining any server.

and I just realized that also when I try to run Renegade Black Dawn it crashes in the same exact way, that's weird because I didn't update or changed anything.

That and RenegadeX are installed in separate places, right? You didn't install Black Dawn into the RenegadeX directory, did you?

Try running this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\UnSetup.exe 

Not 100% sure it'll be the solution, but run it - see if it does anything and then try 'Launch Game' from RenX Launcher

If in doubt after that, just to test goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe  | run UDK.exe from within that folder

Edited by Madkill40

@p4tr1ckth3m45t3r maybe this can help - clear the Rx Cache folder - ...\Renegade X\UDKGame\Cache

playing on a notebook too and have issues starting the game once in a while due to unknown issues. wiping any mutator files in the cache usually fixes the instant crash problems 🙂[in case config reset doesn't work / help]

• Thanks 1