10 year challenge ...

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

amazing to see how things change ..

From maps that are much less datailed and took my computer to load 3 second to maps that has many nice details, funny there are pics that I wont belive those are the same maps lol

The only thing I like about old snow maps is that they had this fog effect witch gave them the freezing cold effect.

• Former Developers

Lol, well I think if  you were to compare all of the maps from Beta 1  to now, they used to be a lot more foggy/atmouspheric looking, but this caused visibility issues which most players were very unhappy about.

I was looking for the original XMountain map but couldn't find it. Otherwise yeah it should be added in that before/after.

• Sad 1

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Havoc89 said:

I was looking for the original XMountain map but couldn't find it. Otherwise yeah it should be added in that before/after.

Found it on the MulitplayerForums download section :)

7 hours ago, yosh56 said:

They just had more fog. Everything used to have more fog.

maybe, but i usually went with fogdensity 0. i did experiance field X in night time and it was much better than the day one.. atleast for me.. i like dark maps idunno

• 5 weeks later...

My first insight into how the game will look and I am one of the original players from all those years ago when RenegadeX first went live.

Very impressive and modern graphics that are being used but there can be no poor comparisons between now and then.

The graphics and game play all those years ago were still superb when being played on a high end PC. (cost me a fortune to have it built)

However the modern graphics certainly add a lot more detail and brilliant eye candy. Well done guys.