Renegade X: Localization Needs

NodSaibot

• Totem Arts Staff

Greetings Renegamers,

As the game slowly spreads, Totem Arts has noticed a growing need for localization (translating) in RenX. If you would like to help translate RenX into a different language, please comment here and message me on Discord or the forums. Please include which language you would want to translate to.

I will be opening a GitHub repo for the specific purpose of having open source and community driven localization. If you don’t know how to use GitHub, it is quite easy, but if you don’t feel like learning how, you can direct message me the translations and I will add it to the repo/game myself. 

If you desire to help, please read the entire README on GitHub!

https://github.com/TotemArts/Localization

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I don’t bite very hard!

• Like 7

Greetings ;)

Thank you so much, for a french translation we are 3 to work, me, Nexus51325 and MrTheFrenchBaguette, and we are interested for work on GitHub, but.. we have never utilised it ^^
We will work with you with pleasure ^_^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I, along with Nexus and Reivax, have discovered a bug. Nexus and Reivax were using their translated versions, and when they said "Attack that vehicle" while pointing at a vehicle, it would show up on MY screen with the vehicle name in French. Obviously, this would make it harder for new players to learn, especially with more versions, because they will see all the different languages at once. Screenshots follow.

FrencBug1.thumb.png.55c6b042f006fd47f78f5bae574639b5.png

FrenchBug2.thumb.png.8c6a8366f698c6bc00d099070bfcde05.png

Hope this helps,

HIHIHI

• Haha 2

• Totem Arts Staff
9 hours ago, Murica! Fuck yeah! said:

Submitted files, translated into Russian. Waiting for others to come, and thank you for taking this seriously. 😉

I saw you forked the repo, you now need to go the main repo and click New Pull Request, and merge your forked repo into the main one.

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
50 minutes ago, HIHIHI said:

I, along with Nexus and Reivax, have discovered a bug. Nexus and Reivax were using their translated versions, and when they said "Attack that vehicle" while pointing at a vehicle, it would show up on MY screen with the vehicle name in French. Obviously, this would make it harder for new players to learn, especially with more versions, because they will see all the different languages at once. Screenshots follow.

FrencBug1.thumb.png.55c6b042f006fd47f78f5bae574639b5.png

FrenchBug2.thumb.png.8c6a8366f698c6bc00d099070bfcde05.png

Hope this helps,

HIHIHI

Thank you, I will be looking into correcting the English localizations, along with adding more stuff to be translated, and fixing bugs such as this.

• Like 3

Hello, I'm a big fan of Renegade X, I played the original since when I was 6 years old and probably here in my country (Brazil) I must be the only one who still plays Renegade X, it would be a huge pleasure to help with the translation of the game to Portuguese Brazil, you can count with my support in this idea.

• Totem Arts Staff
3 minutes ago, Skyflare said:

Hello, I'm a big fan of Renegade X, I played the original since when I was 6 years old and probably here in my country (Brazil) I must be the only one who still plays Renegade X, it would be a huge pleasure to help with the translation of the game to Portuguese Brazil, you can count with my support in this idea.

If you’d like to start now, you can get the 2 files here and begin translating at your own leisure. Thank you for your support!

On 1/27/2019 at 3:51 PM, Sarah. said:

They will be supported.

Simplified Chinese Uploaded(ON GITHUB PULL REQUEST). But I found some mistakes in the English text

For example :

1.Vehicle List:(Rx_Vehicle_M2Bradley)------------PT_Description-------------n-75mm Cannon

But in (Rx_Vehicle_M2Bradley_Weapon)-----------------ItemName="22MM Cannon"

2.You can donate credits to your team mates by holding down CTRL and pressing D

But I check in game the correct is CTRL+N (or my private setting ? but I remember there is no way to change this)

3.All the 0 cost Characters are pistol not Silenced (Except for Engineers)

Sydeny and Raveshaw carrying TiberiumFlechetteRifle not Heavy Pistol

...............and so on

We revised all of them in correct

Edited by Sailarc
  • Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
5 minutes ago, Sailarc said:

Simplified Chinese Uploaded. But I found some mistakes in the English text

For example :

1.Vehicle List:(Rx_Vehicle_M2Bradley)------------PT_Description-------------n-75mm Cannon

But in (Rx_Vehicle_M2Bradley_Weapon)-----------------ItemName="22MM Cannon"

2.You can donate credits to your team mates by holding down CTRL and pressing D

But I check in game the correct is CTRL+E (or my private setting ? but I remember there is no way to change this)

3.All the 0 cost Characters are pistol not Silenced (Except for Engineers)

Sydeny and Raveshaw carrying TiberiumFlechetteRifle not Heavy Pistol

...............and so on

We revised all of them in correct

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to actually fixing the English version, I just put up what was already there. Thank you for fixing it in your version.

• Like 1

• NodSaibot unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...