North American server. Forward we go! NEC

isupreme

I really enjoyed the game tonight @  9pm EDT.    !  it was surprising to find the North American server populated.   Loved it.     A great group of a dozen players fighting and having fun.    A fantastic ping that does not go to thru the ocean~! 

We can get this game played in North America.   It will happen?

I am happy to be working with the NEC clan who sponsor the server.  They primarily play Call of Duty Black ops,  but are kind enough to share their server with us.

( of course ~ thanks and donations can be sent to https://www.nukeclan.com/  )

I am new to the many aspects of keeping a server going,  and i welcome any input offered.    NEC is training me on how to keep the server up so they are not bothered , and i am learning bit by bit.

Your comments about the server welcomed below.

Edited by isupreme
  • Like 4

I also was pleased! Usually nobody is on, so I never play there, but FPI or CT. However, if there are people there, I'm more than happy to play! Even if my ping doesn't improve much because of my poor connection, it will still be nice to get the American players playing on an American server when (most of) the Europeans are in bed. : )

Also, thank you, isupreme, for helping out with the server.

HIHIHI

• Totem Arts Staff

Needs more explosions and more shrines to Kane. It is nice to have a NA server, since CT left NA after EU complaints, we haven’t really had a stable NA server since then I believe. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I’m happy to assist in any way possible with server config questions or mutator requests, or with setting up Jupiter.

My theory has always been that there is a residual group of players left on a European server in the (American) evening, so since nobody really wants to join an empty server when there's people on another one, the European server population is kind of self-perpetuating, even if most of the players on it sometimes are American players. I guess server logs could confirm or deny this.

We do need to encourage people to join the American servers during the American evening, though. Hopefully, last night's occurrences will someday be regular.

HIHIHI

I am one of the residual EU players, im usually up until 06:00 in the morning playing.
I dont mind playing with ping above 100, Renegade X is very forgiving for a FPS when it comes to ping difference.

However the NA are so rarely populated ive only been there like twice, would very much like to see a more active NA servers and players so this game can be played 24/7.
Im very much guilty of not joining empty servers, or even below 10 in population depending on the map.

• Like 1

Needs more explosions and more shrines to Kane

o0!   Thanks for the support offer... its gonna get used.

My theory has always been that there is a residual group of players left on a European server in the (American) evening

Yep.   I am not one to go advertising another server while i am on one tho... so as always it will be up to the players to choose, which is cool.

I do wonder if we might find one night a week to focus on.   I.E.   Monday nights players will try to join in after 8pm EDT.  ~~ or some such thing.

Well we did try to fill up the NEC server, but it crashed on walls. The server tried to load walls_flying when it has been replaced with walls_snowing for the winter update.

I was pleasantly suprised to see so many players online during the middle of the night yesterday/super early today.
Around 02:30 03:00 CET there was around 20 players online playing Eyes.

Played on the Fairplay INC server, based on players ping only 2 players were in the EU (or maybe a few just had shitty internet)
Again, I dont mind playing on a NA or east server at all, but I guess its a hassle to get everyone to migrate from an active server to an unpopulated one.

Edited by Syntharn

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to have some action at midnight tonight.!  (EST)

6 players..  having fun and learning maps and messing with recon bikes.

I  really enjoy the laid back atmosphere of these small games.   Gives me time to practice command controls.

Thanks all.

And if 6 does not seem like much...  WoT only had 90.   so...     that makes ren x   6/90 of WoT.  in the wee hours of the night....

Edited by isupreme