How to Play Guide

BeLlSiBuB

Hi Eveveryone,

I'm BeLlSiBuB.

I found this game while searching for better graphics for the original Renegade game that I never got a chance to play back in the 90's. When I first played it, it struck me as similar to the original renegade but it did't really push any buttons for me. Then I tried it again a couple of weeks later. This time it CLICKED and I f***ing love it.

I still couldn't find clear instructions of what to do but I decided to try and play as I would in a normal game of C&C. Destroy the buildings. It worked, and I soon found myself to of the points.

Kudos to whoever designed this game. :)

is there a video tutorial showing how to use each character, weapon and superpower? I didn't notice anything when I first tried the game?

Edited by BeLlSiBuB

• Totem Arts Staff

I think there's some text tutorial on the forums by Yosh, but I can't find them. We are currently in the process of creating tutorial maps, so all we really have are out-dated video tutorials. I hope this helps at least a little! Take everything with a grain of salt, as a lot has changed in the last 4 years.

1 hour ago, BubbleTea said:

I think there's some text tutorial on the forums by Yosh, but I can't find them. We are currently in the process of creating tutorial maps, so all we really have are out-dated video tutorials. I hope this helps at least a little! Take everything with a grain of salt, as a lot has changed in the last 4 years.

@yosh56's extremely large and somewhat out-of-date tutorial is here: 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
17 minutes ago, Testman said:

Has there been any more talk about implementing tutorial or restructuring the current concept for tutorial?

Is there anything that we can do to help with this?

Every time I join a public match I am reminded why I am so interested in having a tutorial for new players.

We were discussing it before in Discord. Probably going to do small maps with tutorial objectives in them. Tiny, bite-size tutorial pieces to learn individual/related things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BubbleTea said:

We were discussing it before in Discord. Probably going to do small maps with tutorial objectives in them. Tiny, bite-size tutorial pieces to learn individual/related things.

someone could make the sdk test map more into a fire range type map with tutorial boards or the like to explain features