About snipers..

Death_Luna99

I'm trying to figure out which would be better Deadeye/BHS or Havoc/Sakura I don't plan on dealing with vehicles anytime when I hop on mostly support but I'd like to know if a Deadeye/BHS can one shot Havoc/Sakura with a round to the head, just wishing to know so I don't spend 1k for nothing if I died before I could kill someone. *Also Adds Propaganda To Demoralize GDI*birdofprey_1.jpg

Depends on the veterancy level of both you and your enemy. If both of you are "Recruit" and you're fighting a Sakura with a Deadeye, I believe you cannot one-tap her in the head. She'll survive with like... 5%?

A 1k sniper char can one-tap anything in the head expect for LCG mantanks (ignoring above mentioned veterancy levels).

17 minutes ago, Death_Luna99 said:

I don't plan on dealing with vehicles anytime when I hop on mostly support

Oh, I guess you should. A 1k sniper duo can take down Apache / Orca with ease. Or if you're a solo sniper your extra dmg might be just enough to take down an enemy vehicle before it can get to cover. And even 500 snipers can annoy light armored vehicles such as Arty / MRLS a lot - especially if they don't have any field repair with them.

...but which one is better?

1k char - more dmg per shot --- visible bullet path --- better side arm

500 char - more sneaky compared to ramjet

// Sidenote - if you get a Havoc or Sakura Spy crate you can easily sabotage an enemy building if you get the chance to infiltrate the MCT. Timed C4 + Ramjet to MCT deals enough dmg to at least get a decent armor break or even destroy it completely.

Edited by Neeez

• Totem Arts Staff

$500 does 325dmg to the head, so even if you're behind one rank in veterancy you can still one hit kill a 1k sniper. 

9 hours ago, Neeez said:

A 1k sniper char can one-tap anything in the head expect for LCG mantanks (ignoring above mentioned veterancy levels).

9 hours ago, Death_Luna99 said:

The Ramjet foes 900 dmg on a headshot..... It kills ANYTHING. 

500 sniper is MUCH more sneaky, it has a silencer and a next to invisible projectile track.
1000 Ramjet is loud and has an extremely visible bright blue projectile track, 2 shots and then they know where you are.

i suck at sniping and rarely play it, but when i do i always go for the 500 sniper because of stealth reasons.
just sitting in that bush until my ammo runs out.

• Like 1

Alright thanks for the imput you guys, I'm mostly going to be a counter sniper, due to the fact from the videos I've been watching on youtube for Renegade X the teams i see lack Snipers or counter snipers, they rely on tanks to do the work on killing them which i understand but when your opponent controls the field you can't really use yor tanks to worry about them.