Period in after-game chat brings up console

HIHIHI

Well, you said you welcome feedback, so here you go!

After a game, when I'm using the chat under the scoreboard, if I press period (.), the little console comes up at the bottom of the screen with a period in it. The period is also typed in the chat. However, the chat is not sent, and I have to press escape to get rid of the console. It's a little annoying sometimes. : )

This was probably another known issue, but if not, it is now. : )

There is the possibility that the settings are messed up on my end, too, but I don't think that's it.

Thanks, HIHIHI

• Totem Arts Staff

I wouldn't call it intentional. We don't have any commands that start with a period as far as I know, so I will be removing this from the default input config. Thank you for reporting this. The point of it doing that is to allow easier typing of commands.

Ex. hitting / will open console with slash already typed. It's a shortcut for admin/rcon commands. We don't have any commands that start with .

The "buggy" behaviour of opening up the console at the same time as typing is that it was probably programmed to not do that if your chat box is open. However, it doesn't consider the end-game chat box to be "open" so it opens the console.

A fix will be in the next patch.

Edit: Turns out there was a use for it, but I am still fixing it on the end-game screen nevertheless.

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2018 at 3:39 PM, BubbleTea said:

The "buggy" behaviour of opening up the console at the same time as typing is that it was probably programmed to not do that if your chat box is open. However, it doesn't consider the end-game chat box to be "open" so it opens the console.

A fix will be in the next patch.

It makes sense why that happens.

Thanks for the consideration and action!

(I first read "buggy" as the vehicle, which didn't quite make sense. : )  )

On 12/14/2018 at 9:50 AM, roweboat said:

proper grammar isn't encouraged around here lol!

At least I have come to say "gg" instead of a full "That was well played, sirs." : )

HIHIHI

• Haha 1