How to use mutators

Kirby550

https://wiki.renegade-x.com/wiki/Mutator

There should be a server.bat file in the root folder of your Renegade X installation. You can right-click on it and say edit, then remove "server" from the command line if you want to start a skirmish.

start Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe CNC-Field?mutator=RenX_ExampleMutators.InfiniteAmmo,RenX_ExampleMutators.SuddenDeath

You can change the "Win32" to "Win64" to use the x64 binary; you can change CNC-Field to another map name to play that map (Look in UDKGame\CookedPC\Maps\RenX to find the right name if you don't know it.). You specify mutators by the "mutator=[Package].[Mutator]. You can add more mutators in the same package by separating them with commas, like in the example above with InfiniteAmmo and SuddenDeath. If they're in different packages, you will need to add the package name as well.

Hope this helped! If there's anything I missed, someone else should be able to see it. I'm pretty new to them myself. : )

HIHIHI

• Totem Arts Staff

@echo off
cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32"

start UDK.exe CNC-Walls_Flying?mutator=Rx_ExampleMutator.Rx_ExampleMutator

@echo off
cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32"

start UDK.exe server CNC-Walls_Flying?AdminPassword=123?maxplayers=64?mutator=Rx_ExampleMutator.Rx_ExampleMutator -port=7777

Here are two examples of bat files, depending on if you want a server or a skirmish mode game.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Kirby550 said:

Its alright. This mutator things sound so cool but confusing at the same time

Put this https://renegade-x.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4317 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X

and make sure the .u file you downloaded from the mutator is here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\CookedPC

• Totem Arts Staff
10 hours ago, Kirby550 said:

Thank you for your help can't wait to see how the game would be with mutators.

Another question what if you want to use another mutator as I want to use the deck mutator as well.

Find the download for it and use it :) though you or I would have to decompile it to find the class name to use.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Kirby550 said:

I wish I had time and skill for unreal scripting and decompiling it seems it would take too long and I don't even know how to code.

Not really, but if you need I can just do it for you, lol. To use the decompiler, just open file and look for a class name.