Suggestion - Next Classic TD Vehicle - GDI Sidam

CoreDefender

GDI Sidam  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How should the GDI Sidam be added?

• Classic Vehicle crate
    • A custom vehicle for purchase on some maps (Like with TS vehicles on Toxicity)

I propose that the next classic Tiberian Dawn vehicle crate be the GDI Sidam from the Tiberian Dawn cutscene. It's simply a modified APC with quad-AA cannon mounted on top.

Here it can be seen in the C&C 3 Tiberian History mod:

363657603_GDISidam1.jpg.75feee14423c4dd358b2b99187739ac4.jpg876954617_GDISidam2.thumb.jpg.07aba928759326cc350100b02c7cf404.jpg1153035739_GDISidam3.jpg.4c71732ccea8c52b1c21c3080a893b20.jpg

Edited by CoreDefender

1 hour ago, Akbaro said:

It would be cool to put in a map that has a focus on air combat, with GDI and Nod AA having a role

I think so too. (Although having it as a crate vehicle would be nice too. I vote for both. : )  ) More generally, I think that maps that are kind of specialized to certain aspects or others would be kind of neat. An air map, like Akbaro said, or a map that has just TS vehicles, with maybe one or two regular vehicles, etc.

On 12/15/2018 at 3:24 AM, vandal33 said:

I prefer a TOW Humvee for GDI's special anti-air, while Nod counterpart would be a recon bike.

But don't you think it would be nice to have a little more non-missile anti-air as well? A TOW Humvee does sound great, but I also enjoy the thought of just throwing massive amounts of lead (Or depleted uranium, as the case may be) downrange at Apaches. That's one of the reasons I like the Wolverine so much; it shoots a lot of bullets quickly. : )

HIHIHI

• 11 months later...
On 12/6/2019 at 2:15 PM, Handepsilon said:

I'm not sure about an Anti-Air dedicated vehicles. At the end of the day, there are only 3 aircrafts existing in the game atm for an AA vehicle to exist

as I recall in other games, anti air vehicles can also be effective against infantry and light armour. Anti air could also be used as an effective way to shoot down cruise missiles etc. Just depends on how you want them to balance out.

• 2 weeks later...