Favorite RTS Games?

Akbaro

Being a Command and Conquer game, surely you all have a laundry list of favorite RTS games?

I was born in 2001, so I sorta missed that RTS golden age in the 90s. That being said, I enjoy playing Dungeon Keeper and Age of Empires which are two 90s cult classics. Also stuff like Total War, my favorite being Medieval 2 which is such a badass game, if you like history and slug-it-out RTS gameplay then you have to try Total War.

Also Anno and Stronghold, I dont know why but I really like these RTS games that balance city management with combat. Civilization im sure alot of people are familiar with.

Theres stuff Mount and Blade, which is much like an action-hybrid-RTS-fusion like Renegade, - just as goofy but just as addictive. Ive managed to accumulate over 1000 hours for this and Medieval 2, thats single player alone.

Just a week ago I found out about this battlezone thing, a huge scale renegade-type game that I had totally missed. 

What RTS games do you like? And are there any in there with a sprinkle of FP(S) action like Renegade?

• Like 1

My number one favorite RTS is probably CNC3. I have also played all the other CNC games, except for RA2 and RA3, and they're really all nice games. I don't play them all that much anymore though.

Age of Empires is definitely a great game! It probably ranks right behind CNC3 on my list of RTS favorites. Age of Empires 3 is pretty good, but the original is better. It's just too bad you can't get cheap digital downloads for Age of Empires like you can for the CNC games. Our disks are scratched quite badly. : (

That's pretty much it. : )

HIHIHI

• Like 1

Age of Empires II because lan nights were always a blast.

CnC Red Alert 2 is, imo, the best command and conquer game but personally my favourite is Tiberian Sun, I find the bleak slow apocalypse setting enthralling.

Supreme Commander (and forged alliance) is also brilliant. That's a great game to get a handful of people on Discord together on.

• Like 1

Guest once upon the time

@Akbaro

You open a thread and you want to know which RTS games people like and then make a downvote on another. Does one have to have your taste, or is it a personal thing? I definitely do not understand it.
If it was a joke I did not understand him.
Best regards
Eulenspiegel

3 hours ago, ........... said:

@Akbaro

You open a thread and you want to know which RTS games people like and then make a downvote on another. Does one have to have your taste, or is it a personal thing? I definitely do not understand it.
If it was a joke I did not understand him.
Best regards
Eulenspiegel

It was both a joke since rivals is a heresy to the c&c franchise. and i also downvoted his posts on another thread as a joke.

• Thanks 1

For me it would be either Dune 2000 on PS1 or C&C Generals. Dune 2000 was my childhood game for a long time ('For the Baron!') and that's why I just want to play any RTS on a gamepad, while Generals provided me with lots of cool and fun mods to play. I hope those remasters will have gamepad support.

And I still have never played a single multiplayer match in any RTS.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gex_str said:

For me it would be either Dune 2000 on PS1 or C&C Generals. Dune 2000 was my childhood game for a long time ('For the Baron!') and that's why I just want to play any RTS on a gamepad, while Generals provided me with lots of cool and fun mods to play. I hope those remasters will have gamepad support.

And I still have never played a single multiplayer match in any RTS.

Ive never played Dune, but why was Emperor Battle for Dune such a flop? Have you played that?

I havent played a match online either.

13 hours ago, Akbaro said:

Ive never played Dune, but why was Emperor Battle for Dune such a flop? Have you played that?

Myself I have never played it, but after looking at the game on youtube and trying to find information about it I've concluded this: the game was released at the wrong time(at the same year RA2 got an expansion) with some medium-heavy problems with crashes, poor pathfinding system and some balance issues.

There was actually an another Dune RTS in making: Dune Generations, that was cancelled due to Cryo Interactive gone bankrupt in June 2002.