AT Mine Re-Design

Idea?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. is a good idea yes?

• Nein
    • possible and cool

jk not a rework just a buff discussion

So as im aware of AT mines have been the same for quite a while now, and after all these updates (commander, tank balances, err) i think its time to look into the AT mines and their usefulness.

1st of all i want to adress the damage they do, which is horrible(i will be looking into elite-heroic vehicles mostly), ive noticed that 1 AT mine does puny damage to even the smallest vehicles: buggies and humvees, that are made out of sheets of steel or steel pipes and an engine. A Recruit level buggy/humvee should die from a single AT mine.

2nd, Amping up the damage of AT mines gives GDI a passive defence edge agaisnt stealthed tank units or Stanks in renegade speak. "ooow but kaunus that just ruins nod stanks and cant do sneakie sneaks" well good. GDI in my opinion should be more capable of defending a path passivly with just AT mines (ofcourse, 1 AT mine shouldnt kill a stank, but atleast damage it much more or remove its stealth(POSSIBLE EMP MINES???(no))). Having an veteran (AI early game) stankrush somewhat intercepted by 2-6 AT mines sounds decently fair, again, in my opinion.

3rd. When me and a fellow german of mine tried to put a mammoth tank on hon, i ran into some AT mines along the way, and what ive noticed those mines did absolutely No damage to a heroic mammoth. Yes i know mammoths have armour on their armour, but having a last resort defence agaisnt mammoths on a path with AT mines would still be viable.

4th AH NOD CANT USE STANKIES NOW BECAUSE A PATH I WANT TO SNEAK HAS 6 AT MINES THIS RUINED NOD. o ya Billy? Ya saw what a flack of Light tanks with a def buff can do? wonders. But yes i do understand this gives Nod's puny tanks a disadvantage, but Nod tanks have always been more of a "enemy stopper" than a "enemy stomper"

5th Since the mines Can be killed with just a gun, or a tank splash damage, making them more viable late, or even early game shouldnt be much of an issue. since they are exposed in the field (unless you use Bush cover) actually getting a tank to run into them is a bit difficult.

The mine damage change or even how they work wouldnt cause a huge imbalance (or if it does its revertible..), it would just make tanks more cautious and the whole tank-game a Bit slower. + helps out GDI.

Kane is all.

btw im still wondering should i open my old cooking forum topic back or that has no place on renegade?.. just an idea

Edited by Guest

I have been curious about the AT mines strength.

If you like you say it wont even kill a buggy.... id change that.

Does AT uncloak stealth?   I assumed it did......

I don't mind that mammys are not hurt much....They move so slow we should be stopping them with infantry.

6 hours ago, isupreme said:

I have been curious about the AT mines strength.

If you like you say it wont even kill a buggy.... id change that.

Does AT uncloak stealth?   I assumed it did......

I don't mind that mammys are not hurt much....They move so slow we should be stopping them with infantry.

By uncloak stealth i mean either they become visable for a short time (like driving in a EM field) or do enough damage to knock them down to low enough health so they become visable(tho that might be a bit too overpowered)

Having a battlefield like tank damage would be cool for at mines i think. Once you drive over an mine, your tracks/wheels could get damaged, making you slower with less turn speed. 

Same could be for the turret. Rotating slower if its damaged.

The effect would go away once the damage you took from the mine is repaired