Ok by the tags I've put you're already aware of the idea!

Here me out,

I think it'd be pretty neat if you were to add the GDI Disc Thrower & Cyborg or another NOD unit to the mystery crates, I didn't really have a better idea for NOD because their unit selection is rough maybe Elite Cadre or Toxin Soldier, but I think you could make it work.

The cyborg would require probably a decent amount of coding especially if you'd implement them having their legs blown off and still able to move but at a penalty and not able to get in a vehicle, not many would like the lack of this ability which would probably make you get rid of the losing the legs, which in my opinion if you didn't code that in could make them overpowering others.

The Disc throwers is a interesting choice for the matter of being able to flush enemies out of cover without worrying about you dying as you're trying to throw C4 around a corner to deal with say a shotgunner/flamethrower Trooper/chemical Trooper and if you do not have anyone willing to be a Grenadier. 

Cadre for another Black Hand unit in the game & so gdi could have the disc throwee , and toxin soldier....I'm not exactly sure how this would work.discfinal.jpg

Edited by Death_Luna99

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, roweboat said:

Disk throwers are my absolute favorite unit. 

They just look like theyre having a good time.

Ensuring that the physics and skidding distance works is key

On top of that, it needs to explode on contact if it hits an enemy target.

Part Bouncing Betty, part Brute Shot grenade (Halo 2), and part light disc (TRON).

Edited by RadicalEdward2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

Give Disc thrower's discs homing, so they can frisbe to aircraft..?

Not totally far-fetched. : ) In C&C3 the grenades had homing properties. That would be funny though.

"HELP, A FRISBEE! IT'S CHASING ME!"

Back in a thread about spies, someone suggested a watch dog as a counter. Now we would need a frisbee dog character to catch the discs in his mouth and disarm them. At heroic, instead of the standard red tracers, he does a flip while catching the disc. : )

• 8 months later...

Maybe and this might be breaking the canon a bit, but include a disc launcher weapon instead of having the model throw the discs. Keep the pack though, it would still be a Disc thrower but instead of throwing them they just use an unreal disc launcher and it would be easier to rig a weapon to shoot the projectile than it would to animate a whole model.