Skirmish

Death_Luna99

They can buy venicles and infantry(somehow even without Bar/Hon), they aim gets better with difficulty(at Max they basically have aimbots), they can repair venicles, but not structures(this doesn't include Guard towers/Turrets because they are technically venicles). Problems include: they can stuck in WF/Air in venicles, they leave their venicles when they have 10% or less armor, sometimes they leave their venicle when it's EMP'ed. That's all I know at least.

• Like 1

They can't really play the renegade x game mode, they act like deathmatch bots.
Bots don't attack buildings unless its by mistake when targeting another bot/player.
Highly suicidal tendencies and prone to go afk in front of terminals, sometimes they leave their vehicles mid field if their pathfinding fails.
they all seem to act independently of eachother with the exception of the occasional repair.

I think they are better than the old renegade bots, they didnt attack buildings either but these ones at least get vehicles and classes.

55 minutes ago, Death_Luna99 said:

I've noticed how small this place has become though, again I'd have to do several skirmish games to get use to the controls again and such~ mostly because i plan to be support more then likely (BHS, Engineer, Technician etc etc) 

You will most likely gain benefit by playing several skirmish matches. I have played a few matches against bots and I can say that the bots are good in terms of infantry, they do attack emeny buildings and from what I have seen they sometimes repair buidlings structure not the MCT itself however but they do support each other e.g one person will follow the other. Bots do need improvement In terms of vehicles though.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:57 AM, Syntharn said:

They can't really play the renegade x game mode, they act like deathmatch bots.
Bots don't attack buildings unless its by mistake when targeting another bot/player.
Highly suicidal tendencies and prone to go afk in front of terminals, sometimes they leave their vehicles mid field if their pathfinding fails.
they all seem to act independently of eachother with the exception of the occasional repair.

I think they are better than the old renegade bots, they didnt attack buildings either but these ones at least get vehicles and classes.

Saw a bot take out 2 buildings earlier today.

image.thumb.png.b0caae225ad44c94aa5ea7be4d3e1f40.png

Could be a player Larping as a bot tho.

Edited by Akbaro
  • Like 1

Seriously?! For real i have NEVER seen a bot do anything like that.
If they manage to pathfind their way into the enemy base without dying or getting stuck ive come to expect them to be docile once there, unless someone is engaging them or vice versa.

I see the same problems with bots in unreal tournament 4 outside of DM or TDM as with bots in Renegade X.
Their AI is built mainly with waypoints, it can't really do tactical prioritizations like changing targets unless it has to (i.e taking damage) or target dies, and there is ALOT of strategic thinking in Renegade X, i would guess making a bot come across as a human would require more coding than its worth in game modes such as this.

still i love them for their stupidity, sometimes i get stuck observing them ingame, its contagious.
i once asked ingame some year ago if they had EVER been impressed by an AI in any game, and someone responded with "Yes, perfect dark".
i have yet to experience either.

Edited by Syntharn
i like to rant like im interesting

12 minutes ago, Syntharn said:

but still, play with us preferably because bots doesn't even come close in comparison of the online experience, they are dumb as dirt in all games since forever.

Well again dammit i need a PC XP unless one of you guys are nice enough though I'm not putting all my eggs in that basket.

End of december/early januari is your window of opportunity, tech stuff like PC parts will be cheaper.
Pro tip unless you dont know already know: buy the parts and build it yourself, don't buy prebuilt overpriced garbage.
If you get all the correct parts its about as hard as putting togheter slightly more complicated IKEA furniture and Windows 10 does all the drivers and shit by itself nowadays, doesnt even cost money to use legit anymore.
Carefull with the CPU installation, the rest is cake.

I dont know you yet, maybe you are a super skilled user and know what you need but in case you aren't and cus im little drunk and salty.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GAMING LAPTOP, IT HAS NEVER EXISTED AND IT NEVER WILL, they will rip you off with an overpriced hot potato with a degrading battery life support.

Edited by Syntharn
i could really just type another post here, whats the maximum letter cap for an edit reason?

10 hours ago, Syntharn said:

Seriously?! For real i have NEVER seen a bot do anything like that.
If they manage to pathfind their way into the enemy base without dying or getting stuck ive come to expect them to be docile once there, unless someone is engaging them or vice versa.

I see the same problems with bots in unreal tournament 4 outside of DM or TDM as with bots in Renegade X.
Their AI is built mainly with waypoints, it can't really do tactical prioritizations like changing targets unless it has to (i.e taking damage) or target dies, and there is ALOT of strategic thinking in Renegade X, i would guess making a bot come across as a human would require more coding than its worth in game modes such as this.

still i love them for their stupidity, sometimes i get stuck observing them ingame, its contagious.
i once asked ingame some year ago if they had EVER been impressed by an AI in any game, and someone responded with "Yes, perfect dark".
i have yet to experience either.

Hold on have you played UT4 (Unreal tournament 4)?

Are the bots any good in that game?

Edited by Kirby550

In deathmatch they are good, may even come across as human players in some brief occasions, 
in other modes where tactical thinking is required like CTF or Blitz, nope. they aren't really good at anything that doesnt involve shooting other players/bots.
Its not uncommon at all for them to teamhamper with bad decisions, they dont freeze up that often but it does happen now and then.

kinda similar to how a bot carrying the bomb in counter strike may screw things up.

Edited by Syntharn

1 hour ago, Syntharn said:

In deathmatch they are good, may even come across as human players in some brief occasions, 
in other modes where tactical thinking is required like CTF or Blitz, nope. they aren't really good at anything that doesnt involve shooting other players/bots.
Its not uncommon at all for them to teamhamper with bad decisions, they dont freeze up that often but it does happen now and then.

kinda similar to how a bot carrying the bomb in counter strike may screw things up.

Thank you for the information. Its a shame that Unreal tournament had gone downhill over the years. I thought they had learnt their lesson after the failure of UT3 guess not.

Good thing Renegade x exist at least. Anyways I know i am new to this game and don't have much experience, but Its funny how the people the bots don't know how to play Command and Conquer. I just played a match with them not long ago on islands and well.We LOST they came rushing in with their mammoth and lights tanks destroying everything, we managed to push them back and managed to hit but not destroy one of their buildings. Me and few other teammates involved in the assualt got in the process. I was busy repairing the airstrip and then all i hear was refinery destroyed and i look outside and was like FUCK were done. I quickly tried to repair hand of nod but there was too many of them swarming it and shooting at it. this is what led us to defeat. Its was a good match. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those games where playing against AI is far more enjoyable than playing against players.

Edited by Kirby550