Rocket Soldier OP

Akbaro

I think the Rocket Soldier does too much damage to infantry. A rocket soldier is a dedicated AT unit but when the barracks/HoN is down he seems to be the best anti infantry option.

When fighting an enemy why risk dying in a 1v1 when you can just play a game of whack-a-mole, turning around a corner to right click at the opponents feet and then return, rinse and repeat.

This is real renegameplay.

The officer is so mediocre. One of those characters that are severely limited in damage potential. The gun is just too inaccurate to get headshots at anything other than point blank. Easily outgunned by advanced infantry.

The rocket soldier point and click adventure tactic can still apply, just AoE the enemy to death. Two rockets to a target and then a drizzle to the head with the machine pistol. Oh yeah, did I mention he has a machine pistol?

Not to mention that 0.90 speed ratio seems to remove itself when ranked up. The rocket soldier becomes really fast at elite. Only making the whack-a-mole game even more viable of a tactic when you can run faster than he can figure out what turd keeps doing 100 sudden damage a pop to him.

I think alot of Anti Tank rocket launchers use some form of HEAT that detonates after a specific amount of armor thickness, meaning shooting at dirt wont release the explosive charge properly. I play War Thunder, so im obviously a qualified expert.

Just an idea - I think that either the rocket soldier needs an infantry damage reduction or a speed reduction. Its an AT unit. It shouldnt be good at fighting infantry.

In what game isn't the rocket launcher good? (Strife 1996 XD) Frankly im quite used to rockets being instakill even.

Definitely a strong and well rounded char for its price, but that reload makes them really weak versus every charachter with consistent damage output.
Using Peak-a-boo tactics is playing them right into their hands, just rush them down after they fire their first rocket, easy win for officers.
Same goes for snipers and pics/rails, don't wait for them to reload if you need to kill them. 

I always do go for the rocket soldier + rep gun when i dont have bar/hon, they really are the best option,
Very efficient at controlling and supporting field, not so much versus an officer if you ask me.

7 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

Pretty sure McFarland's can be more effective when you know how to use them. 

And you don't want to miss your shot with a rocket Vs a Chem.

Seems like you're dying to rocket soldiers too much, they're pretty fun and easy to kill.

I play as rocket soldier alot, I pick it when the barracks is down alot. Can you stop this annoying crap now please.

I dont do much dying, Akbaro and dying are rarely in the same sentence, okay? Get your facts right.

Edited by Akbaro
  • Downvote 1

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, Syntharn said:

In what game isn't the rocket launcher good? (Strife 1996 XD) Frankly im quite used to rockets being instakill even.

Definitely a strong and well rounded char for its price, but that reload makes them really weak versus every charachter with consistent damage output.
Using Peak-a-boo tactics is playing them right into their hands, just rush them down after they fire their first rocket, easy win for officers.
Same goes for snipers and pics/rails, don't wait for them to reload if you need to kill them. 

I always do go for the rocket soldier + rep gun when i dont have bar/hon, they really are the best option,
Very efficient at controlling and supporting field, not so much versus an officer if you ask me.

Keep in mind they are like t2? inf. They do a ton of damage for something that low cost.

• Like 1