Whats The Best Way To Use Patch?

Akbaro

I think patch is one of the harder infantry characters to use effectively.

He has that OP noobtube (that he would ultimately suck without) - thats easy to use, but the tactical rifle's projectile speed is so damn slow, the guy your shooting at is in another continent by the time the shot gets close. 

Whats better? Use foresight to predict where the enemy is going to be or relentlessly shoot the ground and AoE to death?

You can either track them slightly ahead. Or you can shove the barrel into their face, then back off to use the noob tube. The bullet travel time isnt slow enough that you have to lead too much really. You can also out range everything except snipers.

Patch is also decent at light armour. You can use them to harass arties and apaches. Patches are very good on walls to hold plateau, but not enough people use them. So walls tends to be more nod sided with lcg's with free reign.

A few head shots does miracles with patch, and the after burning (don't know how to say that) is also effective. I personally use patch lately as a replacement for a gunner or rocket. In some maps like horologue one or two patches can make the difference in getting the top of the hill by destroying arty's and still be able to defend them self against nod infantry. So I think one of the best ways to use it is if you want to play infantry and go in the field. 

• Thanks 1