Renegade coffee gossip ;Open for small talk

Guest once upon the time

Guest once upon the time

I bought C & C a very long time ago, but never was my thing. I never played multiplayer.
I played a lot of Zelda back then and I still like the older versions.
Let's wait and see what will become of C & C and Ren X.

• Totem Arts Staff

I'm honestly probably not even going to play the remasters. I liked them as a kid, but coming back to openRA Twisted Insurrection and TS finds them not appealing to me at all. 

RA2 is timeless though. 

TS honestly is.... uhg. It's actually the most boring of the older games. 

• Like 1

Never played C&C online either, loved the campaigns and skirmish options though.
Played some C&C generals over LAN, pirated version (cus poor as dirt). If by chance anyone had picked the same CD-KEY as another player out of the ISO file crack folder then all units under the control of that player would self explode within a minute of gameplay, GAME OVER, reinstall...

Same deal with Warcraft 3, never liked the online standard game mode gameplay.

• Totem Arts Staff

I never played online much either. Played like 2 matches of C&C95 and quickly decided after I was barely building a refinery and the other guy was already attacking with 20 med tanks... I had enough lol.

I always liked to think of RTS games as a faster paced verison of chess... C&C3 online was pretty cool, again though, I was never very good haha.

RTS games online is too crazy for me. I like to keep the movement speed "normal" and take my time building a base then attacking.

Regardless I brought up the remasters more to the point if *big if*, EA ever decided to revive the Renegade IP ala Tiberium or some sort of FPS-RTS Hybrid, seems like at least in their current state they're taking the "Sega" route instead of the "Nintendo" route. AKA RenX is safe.

• Like 1

Guest once upon the time

I think the EA and also for example WG make games for the "masses" , make course to achieve sales and profit increases. Meanwhile, the market is so crowded with games that the big go a middle way.

For the players themselves it has different effects:
Changes are being made to attract new customers, and  Veterans did not like  it and stop playing. There are many other variants that can be mentioned.

F2P games are subject to tough competition anyway.

PS: Hope Google translate made a understandable translation. 🤔

Guest once upon the time

@Moat I really like it when new players come up with new ideas and also encourage the "old-established" to think.
Sometimes, however, "Eulenspiegel" comes to light, maybe you could call him a troll? or does Eulenspiegel only sometimes hold a mirror?
Who knows.

Guest once upon the time

In our area its around -2°C to +2°C, no snow yet in our village .

Today I visit a customer 160KM away and the town is a little bit higher and they had yesterday the first snow, not much.

Forests was looking nice and streets was OK for driving.

I see the sirene discussion is still going on. 😄

and the other MRLS lock too. I must say that i never tried it on Paradise how it looks, so its interessting to read their the different opinions.

19 hours ago, SilentKnight said:

I see the sirene discussion is still going on. 😄

and the other MRLS lock too.

haha yeah, but even though the developers can get tired of the community sometimes or think we are crazy it is still a nice thing. We are just trying to help haha

Guest once upon the time

before you start to read make a coffee or tea , its a bit more 😉

Long text for google translate , hope it is understandable🤣

I have to say I'm a bit tired of the threat (Sirene), but not because I find the ideas bad or strictly reject them.
I try to look at it all a bit more complex and came to my own realization that it can come to an absolute sensory overload for players. Multitasking is a fairy tale, as certain things get lost in more tasks.
For example: chat ingame, rocket warning, smoke alert, ion, Q spamiing (e.g: Building needs rapair).
The biggest problem, however, is the team itself, if it is willing (most) to play in the team, if not the warnings go down anyway.

Had a court date today (but does not matter why) and before that came to me a strange idea:
Everybody knows I love Paradise and love to fly with planes is no secret.
My idea was:
Maps: Walls, Lakeside, Paradise, X Mountain, and Stronghold (which is already developing aircraft) to modify these maps slightly (slightly different base defense and more AA, as well as a middle lid over the map).
So to speak as a special edition for servers who want to fly there with Migs and A10 (buyable at the PT but high price).
Just to have another gameplay. I know that again the critics come with FPS etc, but as I wrote I just got this idea and I'm sure nobody would support me.

*Getting a coffee*

*hmm hmm agree agree, taking another sip*

*Oh dear you little criminal, taking another sip*

*putting down the mug*

I program (mostly scripting) myself to (not for games), and a lot of times I recognize certain topics and situations. You just can not please every one, and they also said that the developing team is really small. If you think no one will support it it is maybe better to not post it (yet). The devs doing a good job and the community is just supporting. 

Edited by Moat
  • Like 1

Guest once upon the time

Stronghold is a map what Deadly has started sometime ago, dont ask me when. Its not finished and i dont know if this map will be finished.

Ofc, as actual the Migs and A10 (The fire range must reduced a bit too) have a hugh Power, thats why i wrote you need a lid in a middle height so that AA can shoot them down. The AA Rockets need a higher speed too.

I am not a programmer or maper and i really dont know how much work it is, thats why i wrote as an idea.

Guest once upon the time
6 minutes ago, Moat said:

The devs doing a good job and the community is just supporting. 

Thats right, i do not claim the work of the Devs ;)

It was an idea nothing more and sometimes we must live with it that they dont get real.

Guest once upon the time

@Moat Thats why  i wrote it (Flying) in Gossip here is small talk and things are free to say , but doesnt mean that something will happen. 😉

btw, i hope your coffee was well and I really enjoy the small talk. thx.

Edited by once upon the time

• Totem Arts Staff

you could do all that stuff, even adding in more AA towers or sam sites through code. adding new defense structures and redownloading the whole map seems kinda unintuitive. and moat, the language for the Unreal Engine is called UnrealScript, as its basically a scripting language.

@........... what is happening!? Where is your wild cat. Are you sick? 

Are there more coffee addicts here?

No the coffee was not nice, it is never nice but I still drink it often 😃 I drink it at work and we have one of those coffee machines where you can choose different kinds of coffee with one click of a button and the coffee is just bad. Think every one knows these machines and the taste of it. 

On 11/25/2018 at 8:40 AM, Moat said:

Are there more coffee addicts here?

Definitely! 3-6 espressos per day, from the Americas to Africa and Asia, from French roast to Italian (strictly Arabica) ^_^

1 hour ago, yosh56 said:

Why am I still here?

For a nice cup of espresso perhaps? Or perhaps a glass of Tanqueray with some fine coffee liqueur? The possibilities are limitless 

The common and cheap beers does pretty much all taste the same, all the big brands you see in commercials are about as exciting and diverse as milk. They all taste like liquified and carbonated loafs of bread, meeh.
I usually go for the strong indian pale ales which have something of a fruity taste that covers up the yeast and alcohol.
Also savory dark monastery beers spiced with weird herbs.

Edited by Syntharn
cuz i cant predict the maximum letter cap per text line before i post and it looks like poop.

E-sports cafe clerk, i have plenty of time messing around on forums and such but never enough time to actually play anything except the occasional hearthstone match, like 1-2 minutes to help customers between each turn XD.

I really just want to fix peoples computers, kinda tired of everything else.
too many noobs, too many non-customers refusing to realise just that and constantly starts bitching when i ask them to leave.
My faith in humanity has significantly dropped since i started work here.

Edited by Syntharn
bleeeh

E-sports cafe still sounds fun, but can imagine. Did you installed renX already on all the computers? Maybe you can organize a renX tournament or day or whatever. Making posters with a date, player registration.

Maybe one day you can find a job as system administrator or something.  

I also had a job once where I needed to work with/for people and yes you will loose faith in humanity fast. Some people are just unbelievable, think they can just not help it. They mis a certain part of the brain or something.

Edited by Moat
  • Like 1

I haven't managed to add an avatar icon shortcut for the game yet due to how the whole overlay system works, there is no picture for it and i cant add it myself, thats up to some randoms devs in australia, its in beta...
Renegade X is installed but very much hidden in the vast steam library, i do talk about it and show gameplay footage whenever someone asks me what i play, but i dont think i have managed to recruit any new players sadly.
A co-worker that used to play Planetside 2 said Renegade X looked awesome, she said she was gonna try it but idk if she did.

Most of the customers are completely stuck in either Fortnite, PUBG, LOL or CSGO. Those are the games that dominate currently. specifically fortnite, that games playerbase has to have an average age of about 12, its sad how the older players don't realise they are shooting children.

Edited by Syntharn
idk

• Totem Arts Staff

There is a huge difference between major beer brands esp. American made like Miller... total pisswater (and sadly I live in the city its made)... 

But luckily my brother in law works at a smaller brewery here... with many good brews that have actually won many awards over in Germany (so you know it's good).

Personally, I say, the darker the beer, the better.

I tried rauchbier (smoked beer) once when in Bamberg, and I wasn't really impressed. But maybe it's because my friend and I were in a hurry to catch the train. And it was raining that day. I remember that for some reason.

Today i finished building a PC for customer who had failed at building it himself.
i5 7600K, Geforce 1070, 16 gigs DDR 4 2233 mhz (meeh), some "gaming" motherboard (its practically just a catchphrase by now, like blast processing)

When he first came in he said he done everything correct and with care, couldnt get it to start he said. I take it from him and he leaves.
I Plug it in and it seriously triggers the voltage protection and shuts down an entire row with computers, brilliant.
I switch the PSU which stops it from triggering the voltage protection but it still won't start anything other than the ridicilous decorative LED lights on the motherboard. I rip out the DDR4 and 1070 and put them into another PC just to make sure they are working, nothing wrong with them.

I start googling all the parts to see if anything is missing (cus he didnt give me the manuals), like the motherboard bios being too old to handle the i5 7600 was my first guess. Turns out he had forgotten the power supply cable for the CPU water coolant, i call him about it and he says he didnt think it was necessary, brings it in the next day.
i plug it in and IT STILL WON'T WORK, so I unscrew the water coolant to have a look at the CPU and guess what, like 5 pins in the socket that are completely fucked, i call him about it and he says hes gonna order a new motherboard.

a week later he comes in with a new one and i get to work, starts rebuilding everything from scratch, took about 2 days to build with all the other stuff i gotta do at work simultaneously. I call him and he comes in, i boot it up and starts explaining how harddrives and whatnot work because he doesnt seem to have a clue, he picks it up and leaves with his mother.

30 minutes later he calls and asks why his internet isn't working.
Is your internet cable plugged in?
No? whats that?
I can't connect to my wifi.
your motherboard doesnt have Wifi and you don't have a wifi card installed, you have a stationary PC built for gaming, you DONT WANT to use wifi.
where can i get an internet cable?
like in any tech oriented store in town, there are like 10 places.
ok, thx bye.

20 minutes later he calls again.
My PC is too loud.
you where here when i booted it up, is it louder than it was then?
i dont know.
You have 5 large fans installed, they make noise.
can i unplug the ones that are making the noise?
sure, why not, its your PC now.

• Haha 4

Guest once upon the time

Good evening,
Who has read this Threat knows who I am. Only my second I have no desire.
The forum has so far unfortunately sent my new registration (confirmation email), it looks like the server is not in my country.🙂
I wanted to talk a bit about people who always or often down vote. I do not mean the truly infamous forums trolls.
In a Threat there were some downvotes of people who often write themselves how to get more people to play the Renegade.
It seems like they think they can win new players, very interesting if you like poisoning.
They also seem to think that if you do downvotes more often it would boost your view, or maybe it's not just simple personal dislike without any substance.
Also weird that the simple connection is not seen. Ren X is a game, a forum, Discord and maybe even TS.
So for those who like to downvote people and win new players, your way is very interesting.
Your
Eulenspiegel

@Syntharn Even that I am pretty used to all technology that also sometimes suprises me. When you are on your work computer looking up something and on your personal computer at home you get the advertisements. Think if you use gmail and chrome they know everything about you. And most adds are also hosted by google.

Actually that they know everything is not that suprising. It is more the speed of it. Google something on a pc, and the same second it is already on your facebook app on the phone.

Edited by Moat
  • Thanks 1