Renegade coffee gossip ;Open for small talk

Guest once upon the time

Guest once upon the time

I saw this topic in another game forum and I have to say that I really liked it.

People could talk easily without aggresivity in the forum.

Feel free and be friendly😉

image.thumb.png.0dffdd13a21d6f2040ec78d7e3af4ee6.png

Edited by once upon the time

Guest once upon the time

All start is difficult 😄

Today my 2nd Ego , I call him "Till Eulenspiegel " is tired.

When you do not know Till Eulenspiegel you can find something in Wikki.

I am sure everyone has a bit from him inside😉

Your second ego is tired? What do you do, just be tired or switch to the first ego and not be tired?  I needed to look it up, it is also known in Dutch as Tijl Uilenspiegel. The tiredness can be the weather, it is getting cold, already using gloves on the bike. Yes on the bike, don't stereotype.

Guest once upon the time

No, the weather is not, even if the season is extremely dark.
Sometimes I like (but not always) how to make people react, but in a humorous way. Many take too many things too seriously, which is a pity.

Laughter and humor keep the mind and soul going.
I hope the translation program is better.🤣

Guest once upon the time

Depends on which side you look at it.

Eulenspiegel held the mirror in front of the society (according to Wikki). I do not think they found it funny, but thought provoking.

Everyone has a different humor.😉

On the English wiki page: 

"Many of Till's pranks are scatological in nature, and involve tricking people into touching, smelling, or even eating Till's excrement."

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/scatological

Anything scatological is "off-color" or a bit offensive, typically because it refers to excrement, especially in a joking way.

This is a word that describes a kind of immature humor you sometimes encounter in movies or TV shows. Scatological humor is of questionable taste, but it's not quite obscene. Your little brother who thinks toilet jokes are hilarious? You can say that he's a fan of scatological humor.

This is not what you ment I think, the wiki page is confusing to me. But I must say that I am also not actually reading it either. 

Edited by Moat

Guest once upon the time

Seems to be that Eulenspiegel is in Wikki too. 🤣

Here a part from German:
 Die heute meist vertretene Deutung dafür ist, er habe dieses Wörtlichnehmen als ein Mittel gebraucht, die Unzulänglichkeiten seiner Mitmenschen bloßzustellen und seinem Ärger über die Missstände seiner Zeit Luft zu machen, obwohl dies keineswegs immer klar zu erkennen ist; auch schiere Boshaftigkeit ist zu bemerken, die mit gleichsam erzieherischer Kritik nichts zu tun hat. Insofern ist Eulenspiegel auch gekennzeichnet durch anarchische Unangepasstheit.

9 minutes ago, SilentKnight said:

Seems to be that Eulenspiegel is in Wikki too. 🤣

Here a part from German:
 Die heute meist vertretene Deutung dafür ist, er habe dieses Wörtlichnehmen als ein Mittel gebraucht, die Unzulänglichkeiten seiner Mitmenschen bloßzustellen und seinem Ärger über die Missstände seiner Zeit Luft zu machen, obwohl dies keineswegs immer klar zu erkennen ist; auch schiere Boshaftigkeit ist zu bemerken, die mit gleichsam erzieherischer Kritik nichts zu tun hat. Insofern ist Eulenspiegel auch gekennzeichnet durch anarchische Unangepasstheit.

Funny, I can translate this with google translate to Dutch but not to English. 

If we would talk about the humor part, think there is a thin line between humor and offending in this case.

Edited by Moat

Guest once upon the time
11 minutes ago, Moat said:

If we would talk about the humor part, think there is a thin line between humor and offending in this case.

Not really offending, more provocation and Eulenspiegel humor is sometimes a real thin line. 

Good thing we both start a small talk :) and found out that Wikki and Google translate is not very reliable. 🤣

5 minutes ago, SilentKnight said:

Wikki and Google translate is not very reliable

Nope, but this has been proven many times.

But, if you also have that kind of humor you need to change your profile pic. A cat does not match with it 😃

Edited by Moat

Guest once upon the time

The patch does not seem to cause as many problems this time as some patch before. Although we do not know the dark number of failures, but thanks to those who made the patch. 😉
Otherwise, as always, there are the same discussions about certain topics, but has an advantage that lives the forum.

That is all for today from my side.

I had a weird thing, not sure yet if I need to post it in bug reports/feedback (dont think so). Two times when I was playing as sydney I on a sudden saw two big arms on my screen. Yeah... dont know how to explain this because I was both times to late with the screenshot. The hands where facing downwards, on the left and right side I saw the arms and it was big, like 30% of my screen in total. It also looked like seeing a person giving a hug but from above.... 

Edited by Moat

My alter ego hates my regular self, because my regular IRL self is an insignificant lazy piece of shit while my online alter ego (Wessmania) is a power hungry perfectionist down to the core.
Im happy with sitting on the couch drinking all day and playing PC, not having to go to work, further nourishing Wessmanias ego.
Wessmania wants to ascend beyond human limitations and have a "the strong should rule over the weak" PvP mentality, glorifying or compensating for weakness is a sin.

I dont have much in terms of strenght or power IRL, by my own standards i am weak, and im doing nothing about it.

• Thanks 1

Guest once upon the time

You must fight against it like they do: 😂

image.png.e4e3a0ac45649aebd439144f3e6f32e2.png

I forgot : Everyone have a weakpoint and is fighting against his own "2nd face", thats life.

Edited by once upon the time

Do older people get frustrsted at games? Ive always wondered why im often the only person chatting shit in chat.

Some of the newer players die like 50 times over and over and in honestly, quite hilarious ways, but they never seem to get annoyed at any point.

I can imagine this sort of 35 year old boomer sitting in his chair sipping and chuckling after every death.

Something I noticed is that in Apex in Renegade OG, everyone is shit talking like some sort of CoD match. I dont get it, surely these guys are older and more mature than this newer refresh, right?

Edited by Akbaro

• Totem Arts Staff
27 minutes ago, Akbaro said:

Do older people get frustrsted at games? Ive always wondered why im often the only person chatting shit in chat.

Some of the newer players die like 50 times over and over and in honestly, quite hilarious ways, but they never seem to get annoyed at any point.

I can imagine this sort of 35 year old boomer sitting in his chair sipping and chuckling after every death.

Something I noticed is that in Apex in Renegade OG, everyone is shit talking like some sort of CoD match. I dont get it, surely these guys are older and more mature than this newer refresh, right?

Getting older doesn't inherently make you more mature. 

Guest once upon the time

Uupps, 35 year old are old? Wow, then I'm stone age.😎

Sarah has already written that you are more relaxed and that you are usually better in control. You just think about whether it is worth it to get worked up, but if you realize that you are more upset than fun, the game just flies from the SSD. For me WOWS was uninstalled after a relatively short time, although it is actually a nice game. Only a few changes were too annoying for me.

The extreme wildness is a privilieg of youth.😉

I am glad that there is not a lot of shit talking. It sounded a bit that for you it is a bad thing. Ofcourse every one can get frustrated from time to time. But shit talking in game just because you die is just childish. You dont help anyone with that, not even yourself. Only makes the game toxic.

Breath in, breath out

EDIT:

While talking about this. I just remember a period of time about a year ago I think, or slighly longer. There where a few players constantly fighting over the chat. (And it was not like just cursing so a little bit off topic because I think you just ment that). But anyways, if you had them on your team you know you where going to loose the match, because of not paying attention to the game. 

Edited by Moat

Guest once upon the time
Recently I tried a test run for the Paradise event with bots, result:
The lazy dogs were more drunk on the beach and on the airstrip was a small talk round in progress.
The pirates had more kills than the rocket bases.🤣
I have to be surprised and think about the event as hard as possible but feasible.

Alot of people just "want to play the game" but the whole point is entertainment isnt it? Why dont people goof around more often? I understand this is coming from my subjective view of 'fun' but surely im not the only one who likes a bit of in game banter, even if someones feelings might get hurt.

Guest once upon the time

I have a small concern:
Try-out and I would like to start a trial run today, around 5:00 pm German time. Since the bots are not usable we would be happy if some simulate the event with us to optimize the defense system of GDI.
Would be great if someone comes. Of course, rum may still be drunk there.
😉

Just now, SilentKnight said:

I have a small concern:
Try-out and I would like to start a trial run today, around 5:00 pm German time. Since the bots are not usable we would be happy if some simulate the event with us to optimize the defense system of GDI.
😉

5pm german time is in 2-3 hours isnt it?

25 minutes ago, Akbaro said:

Alot of people just "want to play the game" but the whole point is entertainment isnt it? Why dont people goof around more often? I understand this is coming from my subjective view of 'fun' but surely im not the only one who likes a bit of in game banter, even if someones feelings might get hurt.

Ah like that, get your point now. Yeah, dont know...actually. Sometimes it is and sometimes not. Lately less... Like rivalty in a fun way

Edited by Moat

27 minutes ago, SilentKnight said:

I have a small concern:
😉

I will also try to come, but time is tight today.

Guest once upon the time

A short Info from Try - Out for the gamemode test.

We had a small issue in the Downloading-Process with the Paradise- and 2 other Maps. That means if You start to join the server, that starts the Fast Ingame Download for the first Part of the Map and then it unfortunatly go over to the slow download Process. The best in this Case is to cancel the Download-Process then wait ca. 20 Seconds and then join the server again, that let You download the Rest of the Map with the Fast Ingame Download.

4 minutes ago, SilentKnight said:

A short Info from Try - Out for the gamemode test.

We had a small issue in the Downloading-Process with the Paradise- and 2 other Maps. That means if You start to join the server, that starts the Fast Ingame Download for the first Part of the Map and then it unfortunatly go over to the slow download Process. The best in this Case is to cancel the Download-Process then wait ca. 20 Seconds and then join the server again, that let You download the Rest of the Map with the Fast Ingame Download.

omw

Guest once upon the time

I must honestly say that it is good that some here again something active in the forum are traveling. For me, a forum is the soul of a game and at Ren X I know only this official forum.
Discord is nice, but can not replace a forum. There are still enough people using TS and disliking Discord. Some do not want to have either of them on their PC and read in forums.

Go ahead :)

I very rarely insult a player ingame if I know they will take offense, even if that player is playing like crap or is acting like an ass.
The best solution has always been teaching them the right way or completely destroying them, making them RQ and uninstall.
Im extremely average at infantry combat in Renegade X, but in UT4 im scary, ive hunted assholes across different matches as a service for the community. Asshole hunter lol, prestige class.

Players I know and like however, those i can insult and tease out of friendship.
In UT4 the gag is that everyone sucks and everything is luck, because no one has perfect aim nor strategy and a prediction is just a qualified guess, those who can fathom and understand the top of the skillpeak are so humbled by it that they dont take themselfes very seriously among their peers.

In renegade X I tend to miss alot of the bantering (if any) in chat because there's simply too much going on most of the time.
"MIENS!!!!" and IIINNCCCC!!!! is what I read and type most of the time.
I dont even understand the whisp function tbh.

I agree that a games forum reflects its soul and playerbase, a place for long passionate rants and discussions.
Discord just swallows everything, kinda like the ingame Renegade X chat.

Edited by Syntharn
the second a post is made the mistakes become painfully apparent.

3 minutes ago, Syntharn said:

I very rarely insult a player ingame if I know they will take offense, even if that player is playing like crap or is acting like an ass.
The best solution has always been teaching them the right way or completely destroying them, making them RQ and uninstall.
Im extremely average at infantry combat in Renegade X, but in UT4 im scary, ive hunted assholes across different matches as a service for the community. Asshole hunter lol, prestige class.

Players I know and like however, those i can insult and tease out of friendship.
In UT4 the gag is that everyone sucks and everything is luck, because no one has perfect aim nor strategy and a prediction is just a qualified guess, those who can fathom and understand the top of the skillpeak are so humbled by it that they dont take themselfes very seriously among their peers.

There are not many ut4 players right? Think I played it a few times. I also have quake champions. With an arena shooter it is just different. Moking each other is also kinda part of that type of games. And yeah like you also said, there is no time for it in renx. Many times if you want to type something you need press esc and need to run to repair a building or team mates. But that team feeling makes this game so good.

Guest once upon the time

For me Discord is Ok to use while playing (like TS), because its faster to talk instead to write. I did it in the past.

Discord I use  only in 2 small Server to talk or write private things or sometimes only trash talk with some Veterans. 😂

Discord could have a web version, but some ppl like I like to read in a Forum ( OK, I confess I am a little bit older and old style :) ).

A Forum is easier to find too for searching, very few search Discord Server. Look in the Threat (Where or how you find Ren X). They was searching in the net and find the game or other games. First look I am sure was for a Forum too.

Not many at all in UT4 anymore, i would roughly estimate there to be about 150-200 players online during EU peak hours, at best.
A little less during NA peak hours i believe. We are extremely jealous of Fortnite getting all of Epics love and attention.
Quake is certainly doing better in everyway, i have it installed to, stuck to UT4 because the movement allows for more.

how hilarious is it that ESC doubles as an autorun in renegade X btw? is that intentional or just a convenient bug i wonder.

I was actually really against using TS in any game for years, only really started using it the last 2-3 years.
Mostly because i was afraid of sounding like an idiot with broken english, but also because most other players sounded like idiots with broken english, i couldnt hear them over the music anyway which i find essential for maintaining the immersion.
But now i really like it, not because of any teamplay advantages really but rather for the jokes and conversations.

I make death sounds in my mic when i die and do warcrys when i do brave suicidal stuff, because thats what i do when im not playing with TS, also quote Duke Nukem phrases when appropriate.
sounding like an idiot is ok.

• Like 1