How to enjoy when your are not vetran?

isupreme

I welcome comments and suggestions on

How to play and enjoy the game when i am NOT veteran.    i.e.  I have joined an ongoing game that is fairly well along.     There are many players who have vetrancy and are much more powerful than i am.    What is a player to do???    I have sometimes quit because i seem to be useless.

???

My hits seem to matter not, my armor is easily destroyed, i assume my healing is ineffective ( ???_)

I want to participate and be useful.    Before vet points i could jump  in a tank and be as useful as anyone in my team.  .   .   .    .  .   but i do not feel that way now.

What are good effective practices for players who do not have vet status?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Totem Arts Staff

You have the average veterancy of your team...so the only reason you'd be more than one rank behind anyone would honestly be your team is getting slaughtered anyway. 

Repairs also dont change that much with veterancy, sans the damage they have to heal being higher. 

In those cases I run into the field like a madman as a grenadier or flame trooper until I rank up.

yep.  that is about what i am reduced to.

Kill the higher vet vehicle or inf to catch up, or repair all the tanks to get assists

Kill the higher vet vehicles is often impossible it seems.   I get destroyed the second i face them.

Thanks for the repair comment.   I tend that direction but wondered about it's viability.   BUT Maybe it is one of the paths to get caught up?   That would be nice.

Repairs also dont change that much with veterancy, sans the damage they have to heal being higher. 

I was wondering about that!  TY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe its just me trying to adapt to new elements in the game.... but often i step into a game where the enemy has a significant firepower advantage thru vet points.    When i try to join in my armor just gets totally trashed or even killed in one barrage.  ( mrls typical)     I find that very discouraging.    It seems like a medium tank should be able to get into a fight and at least throw out a series of shots before backing down.

Edited by isupreme

When I join a match midgame I either go with a repair class or rocket soldier, cheap and solid support until I can afford a light tank or something.
Also I go for tech buildings with free engineers, if my team has enough resources for vehicles and classes then me being poor as dirt is logically the best person for the job.

I dont pay much attention the infantry paths unless the situation is critical or i feel greedy enough to try and solo kill a building.
Field is where the explosions and cool stuff happens, thats where i wanna be. Wether im overpowered or underpowered in terms of veterancy is nothing i pay attention to. Being a field repairing hotty/tech is the fastest and easiest way to increase it, il catch up soon enough anyway.

Also a hotty/tech can solo kill a building at any veterancy level hehehe.
Pretty certain a recruit rocket headshot will also kill most things, me missing them pretty much always is just my own fault.

Edited by Syntharn

Apparently repping buildings and damaging them is the fastest way to level up, that being said I think its unfair the game rewards certain playstyles over others with this rank system.

In many cases I dont think its possible to 1v1 a heroic with anything beneath, it makes so many characters super powerful.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
Just now, Akbaro said:

In many cases I dont think its possible to 1v1 a heroic with anything beneath, it makes so many characters super powerful.

That is the point. Veterancy is supposed to add some sort of progression to the game, even if buildings take no permadamage, or if no buildings are destroyed. It's supposed to push the game along.

Guest once upon the time

@Akbaro

Honestly you are not so far away from me in the veteran system with your opinion.

The system is a game breaker for me, which totally upsets the balance. I do not play for other reasons anymore. HP increase would have been sufficient. The same applies to the tanks, these would not need to level up because it is then very difficult for Infantry (at tank repair) to destroy them.

From the point of view of people who like to drive tanks, the Splashdamage against Infantry has also become very harmless (exception Headshot😉).
I already know from some the answer that you can not level so fast, but if one in the game newly joined it can be frustrating.
Unfortunately, I have learned throughout the years that some do not tolerate criticism and devalue this with alleged lack of game intelligence of those.
Sad but true.

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, SilentKnight said:

@Akbaro😉
Unfortunately, I have learned throughout the years that some do not tolerate criticism and devalue this with alleged lack of game intelligence of those.
Sad but true.

Well, not just game knowledge. I know what/who you're talking about, but it could just come down to a different vision for what RenX should be.

1 hour ago, yosh56 said:

The Elite > Heroic fight isn't too terribly hard with infantry, as that's when most of the guns become substantially stronger. The Veteran > Elite jump is iffy. Fighting 2 ranks down is the only real problem. 

I think that Vet to Elite is tolerable.

Guest once upon the time
5 hours ago, Sarah! said:

Nothing we need to talk about in specifics here. Just something from the past

Akbaro, in this case I agree with Sarah 100%. 

Guest once upon the time

It has nothing to do with you and sometimes you do not have to know everything.

In the same way, one should occasionally let the past rest.

I know that you will not like this answer but you will have to live with it from my side.

Veteran system is for me still in this form a gamebreaker.

kind regards 

Silent