Strange Movement Animations

Ascertes

Hey everyone, just downloaded the game today and I've been really happy with it so far! However, I've encountered a bit of a problem in game. A lot of the times, when I'm moving my character around, something happens to where they do this minor, constant, janky teleport either a few steps ahead or behind, which throws off my ability to aim and otherwise play the game. This doesn't happen when I'm in a vehicle. It's rather annoying, so I would like to deal with this sooner rather than later! 😀

I've turned my graphics all the way down, so I don't believe my computer's graphical abilities to be the problem. I've searched around and didn't find anything relating to this, so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks in advance for any help!

4 hours ago, < blank > said:

Could it be your ping? Holding tab will show your ping. f5 stat fps will display your FPS as well.

It's definitely not my FPS, as even when I set it to low I run consistently at around 20 FPS. I haven't checked my ping yet, but I will do that right now and edit this with my results.

Okay, I think I know why that happens. Since my own PC got fried a month ago, I've been playing on a laptop with Intel CPU and iGPU. Its very laggy for a minute or two upon join and if I tab out of the game and then back. Its basically the TurboBoost feature of the CPU not kicking in immediately, and I suspect the iGPU too needs time to go into full performance @Ascertes

6 hours ago, limsup said:

Okay, I think I know why that happens. Since my own PC got fried a month ago, I've been playing on a laptop with Intel CPU and iGPU. Its very laggy for a minute or two upon join and if I tab out of the game and then back. Its basically the TurboBoost feature of the CPU not kicking in immediately, and I suspect the iGPU too needs time to go into full performance @Ascertes

That could be the cause, but it mainly starts later into the match, rather than right away. As a matter of fact, when a game starts it never does it, but as soon as I die, it will start to kick in once I respawn.

I was also able to get my FPS up to 30, but the problem is still occurring. Not sure if that extra 10 makes a difference.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:23 PM, limsup said:

Just tweak your energy policies to have your laptop operate at 100% when its on AC. Be sure to set that also in the Intel GPU control panel.

Well, I went into my Intel and NVIDIA settings and set both to optimize performance rather than quality when plugged in, but that hasn't changed anything. What do you mean by AC?

• Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, Ascertes said:

Ah. Well, it seems I did that without quite realizing it :P

However, the problem is still occurring. It could just be that my computer sucks, I guess.

Can you record the incident by chance? I dont think your issue sounds like fps 

5 hours ago, yosh56 said:

Can you record the incident by chance? I dont think your issue sounds like fps 

4 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

If connected via wifi, try connecting via wire

I am hard-wired in, but I think I have discovered the problem. The AI/bots are the things that set it off, but strangely this only happens in singeplayer. It's definitely not an FPS issue, as I run consistently from 25-30 FPS in singleplayer.