allow heal when chosing same character

isupreme

Heal the character when you choose same at the control panel.

I.e.   If i am a hurt engineer, if i hit R it repairs me....  if i hit 5 it should also heal me.

If i am not mistaken, this does not currently happen.      I really like that in this game the battles get intense.  Sometimes, for me, the intensity can lead to forgetting what basic character i am using as a !Last Stand!

As nod i get in the habit of choosing a light tank  ( 5) then an engr.  (5).   My fingers move fast , but then i catch myself running out and i am not healed.

Minor issue. devs.  Keep up the good work!

In Renegade, you get healed when buying any character (including the free ones) but this was removed in X to avoid people from constantly getting a never-ending-supply of health when fighting enemies inside buildings. Same reason why there is a cooldown after refilling. (I think)

Edited by vandal33
spelling error
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

As mentioned, this functionality was removed to prevent issues arrising from engineers using it to suicidally C4 spam while defending.

One potential method could be if refill isn’t on cooldown, have it also trigger the refill at the same time. I dont know how easy it would be, but it is a potential to resolve what you keep seeing.

1 hour ago, Fffreak9999 said:

As mentioned, this functionality was removed to prevent issues arrising from engineers using it to suicidally C4 spam while defending.

You can still do this. Choosing the same free character may not refill health but it does refill ammo.

Funnily enough, this was one of the defense tactics that was discussed in the Squad War, though we never implemented it.