Cruise Missile Re-Work + Others

roweboat

• Totem Arts Staff

Overall thoughts: AWESOME!!

Been loving seeing the game's progress over the years. It's coming along nicely.

I'll say I love the cruise missiles. When used well (and with some luck) they can be very effective. However, with the new update came the CP recoup thing and it along with some people *cough* @Ryz & a few others have figured out how to double cruise... triple cruise and if lucky could even QUAD cruise missile a single spot in a short amount of time. This is esp. annoying when used to cover a beacon because unlike airstrikes, cruise missiles don't have limitations. 

I feel cruise missiles should have a cooldown just like airstrikes. I also think they should be given a damage boost and higher CP cost (1000 CP)

Also, not a fan of the fire method for sydney / ravashaw. Could i get used to it? Sure. but its not like anything else in the game and its simply one more thing that has be learned by a new player. I think the goal should be simplicity, not complexity. I do like the addition of their new phase technology tho =D

Oh I'm also 100% for switching the launcher to default to 64-bit version of the game. I have the occasional sound bug from running it. but with a Ryzen 5 2600x CPU & DDR4 I don't have any lag/ hanging on PT Menu.

Still have Out of memory crashes for days on 32bit version though...

Edited by roweboat
  • Like 2

Small addition:
I think you are referring to some matches yesterday? On Field I used the Cruise Missile 4 or 5 times to clear out enemies around the corner. The cruise missile kept surprising people cause they ignored the smoke :P Of-course I also deliberately deploy the cruise missiles at chaotic times so it might get overlooked. I have to say that the missiles where very effective yesterday (more effective then I can remember) but this was mainly due many people ignoring them. Guess that's why you are posting this? 

I am not sure if a cruise missile is ok to be used on an ion / nuke, but that's not what I did yesterday. Cause 'not enough' CP I also didnt use multiple missiles at once. Only difference between me using a cruise missile before this patch and now is that you get CP back and thats why you can use them more often. About the 'figure out how to deploy more' at once. I didn't do this yesterday, but it's just using the command more times after eachother. 

This explains it a bit more I guess :)

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Look at it this way, an effective Stealth Black hand Commander, can now much more easily solo nuke a building. C4 -> cruise missile -> nuke -> cruise missile -> cruise missile.

Basically what I'm saying is, cruise missile's give too much power to a single player.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, roweboat said:

Look at it this way, an effective Stealth Black hand Commander, can now much more easily solo nuke a building. C4 -> cruise missile -> nuke -> cruise missile -> cruise missile.

Basically what I'm saying is, cruise missile's give too much power to a single player.

I concur! 🚀

• Like 1

Guest Gliven

Not sure if i approve of the new feature to recoup CP points on failed or in-effective use of powers. Especially on Cruise missles where you can get a boost of 300+ CP even on a successful missile. This effectively reduces the cost of cruise missles by quite a bit. All you need is 3 cruise missiles to perma damage a building. 4 can kill one.

• Totem Arts Staff

It only refunds on effective missiles, so it must have dealt some damage to an enemy unit/structure/vehicle to give a partial refund and only a maximum of 50% refund if enough targets are hit.

I agree that the missiles are stronger with the refund but if there was an internal cooldown of only one active at any time for your team, I feel that would be a sufficient nerf.

So you can only call one in if one is not active.

• Like 1