New tanks?

iridesence

3 minutes ago, iridesence said:

«на сцене» WWN, новостной компании C & C.

Textures require even greater improvement. Plus, the logo does not match the original Tiberium Dawn. (Here is the original logo). Nevertheless, the work deserves praise! It will be great with city maps like City!

image.thumb.png.d95562d6931f426d2b7cd32c46514d51.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would somebody create a cavalry dirt bike for both sides? I think something like this is lacking in the game to move infantry around the map. If you're lucky you can catch a ride in a tank, assuming they're going your way, and APCs are rarely used just for transporting people outside of rush tactics. The Chinook works well on Walls if someone takes up this role, but I still think an individual option that doesn't depend upon wasting all the stamina/sprint and then constantly jumping to make up ground. A bike doesn't need any weapons added to it, it could be relatively cheap to buy for both sides and perhaps remain even after vehicle production building destruction, something quite easy to destroy and not something people need to complain about if one is left discarded or abandoned somewhere on the field. It would make re-mining and covering base defence distance much faster as well probably and you would need to be aware of them sneaking through. 

474b03534163d61d7316b108d726c8c4.jpg

• Like 1

How about an MRV type vehicle that repairs other vehicles and maybe buildings for each faction, make it limited and expensive to build. 

Image result for stryker craneNext could be an ambulance vehicle that needs to deploy and has a healing radius for infantry

Image result for military ambulanceThen there could be a vehicle for the commander, I'm thinking the mobile headquarters from tiberian dawn and it would give special buffs in a radius, to nearby units, maybe utilize advanced spotting/radar to make its targets more vulnerable to damage like the guardian tank laser from ra3.

Could even make a new game mode, no bases, just modified crates or terminal on the command vehicle, and the objective is to destroy the other team's mobile headquarters

Image result for tiberian dawn mobile command center

• Like 1

I really like the idea of something that can heal all units in a grouped radius, a bit like the existing support powers for increased damage and increased armour. The repair power like Anno 2005 is what I would compare it to and probably using a similar sort of green colour. Having the need for a vehicle to use this, there are probably pros and cons to it, as a commander power, it could be too strong when used in the middle of a battle.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hint said:

How about an MRV type vehicle that repairs other vehicles and maybe buildings for each faction, make it limited and expensive to build. 

As regards the repair vehicle, I am partially against it, because of this, the balance of equipment and infantry will be disrupted. The reason I like the Renegade X is to keep the balance between the vehicles and the infantry; the introduction of the machine is a bad idea. Plus, this will further aggravate the situation of the "eternal siege of tanks", which will not allow the infantry to defend the base less effectively.

On the other hand, the medical machine will come in handy: often the treatment of infantry and, sometimes, the supply of ammunition is very problematic. As for the mobile headquarters, it is important what role this car will play. Radar silencer, sensor or spec. machine for the commander.

• 1 month later...

these tanks were (ideally) supposed to be pretty rare drops from crates so the odds of getting a repair tank was low at the best of times -- and even then it has no main gun (its basically a harvester but a bit faster) and didn't heal as fast as a hotwire / techie.

I would agree with your concern if this tank could be brought on the main menu, if any of these tanks could it would upset balance. Bare in mind unique tanks like the 'tick tank' and 'titan (for example) are also pretty game breaking in their own right which is why they are kept off the menu unless it is open to both teams (like crash site for example)

• 3 months later...
On 7/30/2019 at 3:37 AM, Mystic~ said:

I really like the idea of something that can heal all units in a grouped radius, a bit like the existing support powers for increased damage and increased armour. The repair power like Anno 2005 is what I would compare it to and probably using a similar sort of green colour. Having the need for a vehicle to use this, there are probably pros and cons to it, as a commander power, it could be too strong when used in the middle of a battle.

https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Emergency_Repair They had something similar in C&C Generals, worked quite well. It could just be a passive healing buff over time which could be used if all the team's repairs (hottys / techs) are killed. It had a coldown on it though.

• Like 1

still doing things. will attach editor files for people interested in trying stuff.  This time its an armored jeep seating 4 (1 driver & 3 passengers) and armed with an RGS gattling system making it great at dealing with infantry and light armor, but is terrible vs heavy armor and structures.   its also more durable then a hummvee or buggy making it ideal for a late game "scout" as it were.  (or for a small rush due to passenger seats and swiftness)  (11.3k polys / 13k verts)

f2f2d.png

AssaultReconCar.zip

Edited by iridesence
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tank Destroyer, for when you need to remove an enemy vehicle (or footsoldier dumb enough to stand in front of the gun).

Very powerful gun that can:

1 shot the following:

-Humvee / Buggy

- Arty / Mrls

- Aircraft

-Light Tank

-Stealth Tank

-Infantry (if they are dumb enough to stand in front of the gun)

-Turrets / Guard Towers

The following are 2 shot kills:

-APC

-Flame Tank / Medium Tank

-Bradley

The Following are 3 shot kills:

-Mammoth Tank

This power is balanced by its extremely low rate of fire, and the fact that it has no turret:  the tank must turn its entire hull to shoot at moving targets.  This means aircraft, infantry, and other nimble targets counter this.  it also means that at close range its effectiveness is more limited.   It also has 500hp so it cannot take as much punishment as other armored units.

bb45b.png

tank destroyer.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
17 minutes ago, iridesence said:

quality isnt great but its watchable, hasn't gone through any balance changes yet, so displayed dps & stats are not final.  still,  figured people might like more laser thingys

it's basically my favorite air vehicle ever, the Laser Apache from c&c 3 😍

(except the laser Apache didn't have those stupid propellers =p)