Bring in the Recon Bike

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

The original Renegade has a server called "MPF UltraAOW NewMaps." And it has RECON BIKES, WOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh man, its funnest thing ever driving it, its slow to accelerate but oh my god you can reach HIGH AS FUCK top speeds. So you build up speed in your base, and then just zoom zoom zoom thru all the battles happening on the map, and DO NOT STOP or HIT ANY OBSTACLES, because then you're a sitting duck and you'll die in a couple shots. You have to keep moving, and you gotta line up your shots/squish attempts. High risk high reward.  

It's a useful unit. For example: If there's a siege entrenchment, say a bunch of GDI MLRSs and tanks camping with hotties repairing them from behind, ZOOOOOOM drive incredibly fast and squeeze right in between the MLRS, dodging the rockets cause they too slow, and squishing all the hotties repairing them and then POOF! You're already gone, by the time the MLRS can back up, turn around and aim at you and OH SNAP! You've driven a circle around the guy, fire off some rockets, let your artillery back you up and DONE! Entrenchment destroyed. Zoom off to the next fight.

So yah. Where the hell is the recon bike in Renegade X? Damn, you guys are missing out! Is there a model of it laying around with the devs? Dude, trust me, it'd be an excellent addition to Nod's arsenal. As for GDI, MPF UltraAOW NewMaps server has also added a Humvee with a TOW rocket launcher. So now both factions have low tier cheap machine gun (Buggy/Humvee) and rocket vehicles (Recon bike/TOW missile humvee).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

ahhh but that's the Tiberian Sun one. That's an Attack Cycle. I'm talking RECON BIKE YEEEEEEEEAH! Ah, so the physics aren't patted down properly yet, huh? I'll test it out, thanks. So you remember the classic renegade one, which, has been very much fine tuned for the MPF server - this server is a modded server, and the bike works much better than the stock renegade one. Now its physics are perfect, you're never in danger of flipping your bike over, etc. unless you REALLY fuck up, like do a jump off a cliff and land upside down. But yeah! So much fun. It's the only reason I'm playing renegade again.  Setting up biker gangs lol.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
  • Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff
6 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

ahhh but that's the Tiberian Sun one. That's an Attack Cycle. I'm talking RECON BIKE YEEEEEEEEAH! Ah, so the physics aren't patted down properly yet, huh? I'll test it out, thanks. So you remember the classic renegade one, which, has been very much fine tuned for the MPF server - this server is a modded server, and the bike works much better than the stock renegade one. Now its physics are perfect, you're never in danger of flipping your bike over, etc. unless you REALLY fuck up, like do a jump off a cliff and land upside down. But yeah! So much fun. It's the only reason I'm playing renegade again.  Setting up biker gangs lol.

The physics are probably not going to change. Unreal Engine is just very different from W3D. I'm very familiar with MPF and UltraAOW. I was a mod there for long time

@vandal33  lol, calm down?  I'm being positive here, bubsy boy. You're confused? (you clicked the "confused" forum reaction button) Whats there to be confused about chum? Recon Bikes are hilarious in Renegade! Yes, I know MPF is crazy compared to the RenCorner server, which is considered normal Renegade. But even RenCorner has a few new maps in its rotation, some with Recon Bikes in it! As for "Nod already have a fast vehicle that shoots explosives." What, you mean the light tank? Or the Stealth Tank? Well... yah I know that.... you're missing the point bud. The Recon Bike ain't just a fast vehicle with a turret that shoots explosives. No, this is THE daredevil unit. It has no turret. Its a totally different playstyle. You have to line up your shots, time your entrances into the fray, don't do too many sharp turns in the field as you'll lose speed and easily get killed. Its like doing a strafing run with a fighter jet. Kinda. 

But now I see - the Unreal engine physics are pretty lackluster when it comes to setting up two wheeled vehicles. So it seems that it would not be feasible to implement a proper Recon Bike into the main roster. Fair enough.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

That's correct. The one we have in-game is improperly named as Recon Bike when in reality it's the Attack Cycle.

I would also like to see the original Renegade Recon Bike as well as the SSM Launcher, not sure if anyone is working on modeling and rigging them.

nodssm.jpg.9ba566baceb714feacc80907ee2f01fc.jpg

Edited by CoreDefender
  • Like 1