Freeze & Screen Priority When Exiting

I just reinstalled Renegade X today and everything seemed to be working well until I needed to exit out of the game from a match.

I'm not entirely sure what changes could have been made since I last played the game maybe a year ago but, the freezing is pretty severe in the sense that I can't CTRL+ALT+Delete or Windows key my way out of the game (completely).

I initially tried Windows keying my way out but nothing happened.

Then, I tried good ol' Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get the Task Manager open but, I was only able to start up the Task Manager but, not actually interact with it. For some unknown reason, the game took priority over the screen even when attempting to click on the Task Manager.

After trying to start the Task Manager a second time, I instead had to resort to clicking on the Start menu so I could hard shutdown the game with a Sign Out because I couldn't even 'X' out the game or minimize it to access the Task Manager.

I don't have any screenshots of this because I couldn't access anything else while the game was 'active'.

• Like 1

Just now, roweboat said:

welcome back @RadicalEdward2 !

yes, unfortunately, I've been having that same issue occasionally. ever since Beta 5.1, some nasty but (seem to be) rather ssystem spec specific bugs and crashes have arisen 

Good to be back but, hopefully the issue will be resolved at some point because I would hate to have to sign out every time I want to exit the game.

To elaborate further, one of the freezes I experienced caused the game to enter into 'windowed' mode while full screen. From that point, I was unable to tab out, ctrl+alt+delete out, etc.

Here's a mock-up of what the screen looked like (since I couldn't take a screenshot) :

e3k3iai.jpg

The other crash was just a loading wheel cursor after clicking to exit from the pause menu. Attempting to do any of the previous steps to get out offered the same level of unresponsive results that required me to sign out just to get everything to close.

1 minute ago, Sarah! said:

Does this happen every time you exit the game, or only sometimes?

So far, the loading cursor happened twice and the unaligned window in full screen only happened once.

I only reinstalled RenX yesterday after being gone for maybe a year or two so this issue is totally new to me.

• Totem Arts Staff
Just now, RadicalEdward2 said:

So far, the loading cursor happened twice and the unaligned window in full screen only happened once.

I only reinstalled RenX yesterday after being gone for maybe a year or two so this issue is totally new to me.

Are you on the Renegade X discord by any chance?