Command and Conquer: Rivals – Official Reveal Trailer

Ninja955

I feel like with each new C&C tie-in EA sh**s out, the quality gets more and more childish in its in-game aesthetic.

Its like wheeling out a corpse to parade around every year in spite of how badly decomposed its getting.

A very morbidly vivid piece of imagery but, what else is there to possibly say about what EA is doing with C&C?

At the end of the day, at least Konami doesn't own the IP. *cough*Tiberium Pachinko*cough*

Edited by RadicalEdward2

On 6/9/2018 at 11:45 PM, RadicalEdward2 said:

I feel like with each new C&C tie-in EA sh**s out, the quality gets more and more childish in its in-game aesthetic.

Its like wheeling out a corpse to parade around every year in spite of how badly decomposed its getting.

A very morbidly vivid piece of imagery but, what else is there to possibly say about what EA is doing with C&C?

At the end of the day, at least Konami doesn't own the IP. *cough*Tiberium Pachinko*cough*

The reason is they think the game fuels people with "command and conquer" mentality instead of peace and love?

The only redeemable part about the EA part of the E3 conference for Rivals is the RTS gamer beating the mobile gamer, he didn't enjoy the game he just wanted to put mobile gamer's in their place. GG RTS Guy. 

2 hours ago, vandal33 said:

"true C&C fans" will attack you and accuse EA is paying you to advertise if you play or like the game.

Yes.

• 3 weeks later...

All my life ive lived playing c&c games from day one. I have all the collectables and phys.. ok ill stop lol just played some C&C3 but this is horrid lul.

Btw EA is blaming the community for "not knowing what we want from c&c" 

I really like how Jim Sterling reacted to this abomination existence. And I really appreciate and respect Jim Sterling of being honest on once he defended on mobile gaming as better gaming future, but now he had seen the true colors and keep emphasizing on how new and newer mobile gaming ruins everything and more and more mobile games are heading to "EA dogshit" formula. 

EA want to respect mobile gamers? F*** off !!! We all know what had you did to Dungeon Keeper mobile.

Edited by arthur james
  • Like 1

Just now, winterfox said:

I'm playing the rivals pre-alpha and it's actually a pretty fun game. I do however wish the units were from the c&c 95 era but it's pretty decent either way

On 6/14/2018 at 11:45 PM, vandal33 said:

This game gets hated to the point people starts disrespecting one's opinion. "true C&C fans" will attack you and accuse EA is paying you to advertise if you play or like the game.

I really want to respect your opinion,  I really do. But still, you must see your surroundings first, especially what vandal33 had said regarding on command and conquer rivals. And you should learn about how EA had butchered many studios histories to avoid everyone sees you as dickheads or idiots. If you like that mobile game, you can like it and I won't force you. But you still need to be neutral and rational about talking your opinions about C&C Rivals in this kind of heated flame situation though.

Even myself don't want to try, play and give any chances on Command and conquer rivals, it is an harsh insult for us true command and conquer fans that had been waited for about decade for PC release. Not to mention they cancelled Generals 2 and Tiberium FPS that many fans included myself were so hype and anticipated highly about.

9 hours ago, arthur james said:

But you still need to be neutral and rational about talking your opinions

Agree on this. I was surprised Youtubers lost many "true C&C fan" subscribers and accused of being paid by EA just because they play C&C Rivals. Even I myself don't play mobile games and never plan to play Rivals, but I never attack people for playing them. Good for them for being able to find satisfaction from a game we could not.

Well seems how its going with lots of stuff lately.

We know what you want and we will think for you. Now open your wallets and buy our stuff.

Few weeks later: Why arent they buying our stuff? Must be the dedicated fans causing us trouble again, BRING OUT THE DOGS! HUNT THEM DOWN!

This tiny battle grid thing is something I would expect from an old turnbased heroes of might and magic game, its pretty much the opposite of what made the C&C genre revolutionary to begin with.

Gaming on your phone is a last resort for me, I would never willingly go there.

• Like 1

After I made my post I started reading other treads to get an idea of why everyone hates this game so much. I definitely understand the hatred toward EA, they literally destroyed Westwood. For me I guess c&c died after renegade. I didn't get into c&c3 or anything that followed. Kind of lost the aspects I loved about the previous games, kind of like StarCraft 2 and age of empires 3. As a more casual gamer now, I see the benefits of mobile games even if most of them are cash grabs. Perhaps this would have went down better if the mobile game was release along side a full new PC game?  I honestly didn't realize it was such a hot topic or I wouldn't have posted anything positive about it at all haha 

3 hours ago, winterfox said:

After I made my post I started reading other treads to get an idea of why everyone hates this game so much. I definitely understand the hatred toward EA, they literally destroyed Westwood. For me I guess c&c died after renegade. I didn't get into c&c3 or anything that followed. Kind of lost the aspects I loved about the previous games, kind of like StarCraft 2 and age of empires 3. As a more casual gamer now, I see the benefits of mobile games even if most of them are cash grabs. Perhaps this would have went down better if the mobile game was release along side a full new PC game?  I honestly didn't realize it was such a hot topic or I wouldn't have posted anything positive about it at all haha 

No need to worry about that much. I'm glad that you realized something is very wrong on C&C Rivals. Btw, C&C Rivals is a very most "SENSITIVE" discussion for most hardcore C&C fans right now. So talking about that game is no easy task that you will be viewed or targeted as ignorant or.... you know if you are not aware of it. 

Right now I'm so depress that I had to play C&C 3 Tiberium Wars or Kane's Wrath with mods like Tiberium Essence, and still waiting for Tiberian Sun Rising mod to release. I'm dying of waiting that mod since last year X''P. Saddest part is I tried many guides, tutorials on how to setup C&C 3 online but my computer as always still refusing these setups and won't even let me play online with real players, and I was forced to get refund from steam both Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath. Worst Laptop I ever had in my life (ROG GL752VW) that always reject some best setups or installation in some occasions. 

Why don't people realize is not a big surprise if EA failed at making C&C games? I was already expecting them to screw up another C&C game. C&C3 was the first sign the franchise is dying, then they made RA3 wasn't as good as expected. Don't get me started with C&C4. These games are even more disappointing than Rivals because my expectations for a C&C game is extremely low now. The last hope I had for C&C was on Victory Games when they were making Generals 2, because they receive massive feedbacks while the game is in development but EA decided to cancel the only C&C game that had a hope and release shitty games instead.

Right now, I'm still playing Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert online with people (the original with online-compatible patch, not some shitty DTA or OpenRA). I have C&C3 on steam but didn't bother to finish more than half of the campaign. This is my honest opinion, not some EA-hate bandwagon, they still impress me with Generals and Zero Hour, but for me C&C died after that.

5 hours ago, winterfox said:

After I made my post I started reading other treads to get an idea of why everyone hates this game so much. I definitely understand the hatred toward EA, they literally destroyed Westwood. -

EA systematically bought out then liquidated the RTS markets' competition when it acquired Bullfrog and Westwood and hindered the creative progress being made for over-the-top games.

C&C got lucky because its games didn't have a tendency to crash like Dungeon Keeper II did, comparatively Dungeon Keeper II to Dungeon Keeper I was an over-saturated mess with no atmosphere and was the first sign of all the other bullshit to come from EA when they acquire an IP. 

With C&C they just took longer and longer, spending more money on cutscenes than the actual game itself, we should have seen Rivals coming what with the C&C-4-MOBAEdition

15 minutes ago, vandal33 said:

Why don't people realize is not a big surprise if EA failed at making C&C games? I was already expecting them to screw up another C&C game.

I didn't expect anything, but lowest of the lows from them. Being fooled by them since 2010, after 2014 I began to realized and having senses on shitty qualities games from AAA companies. At that time, I begin to love more and more on indie quality games that is close to AAA titles till today like Grim Dawn, Angels Fall First (YEA, I'M LOOKING AT YOU!!! EA BATTLEFRONT II !!), Satellite reign, Battletech, Frostpunk and many others.

Although in my opinion, C&C 3 might be a signs of death in C&C franchise for some fans. But for me is still the best all around especially playing with mods with the most updated 3D engine for this franchise with darker tone and dusky atmosphere. RA3 might be beautiful but too colorful for more mature audiences.

Edited by arthur james

On 7/10/2018 at 5:29 AM, winterfox said:

I bought c&c 3 but didn't get into it. Maybe I should give it another shot.

C&C 3 with mods like Tiberium Essence and Tiberian History is pretty awesome. Definitely play it with one of the mods.

Edited by CoreDefender
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2018 at 12:00 AM, CoreDefender said:

C&C 3 with mods like Tiberium Essence and Tiberian History is pretty awesome. Definitely play it with one of the mods.

TiberianHistoryMod.thumb.jpg.2a62651d02d8ce6490fc3cde82ce93a8.jpg

Here's the Tiberian History mod that adds a mixture of TD, TS, and Renegade units to the game :)

That looks pretty awesome! I'll have to give it a try with the mods! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know this is irrelevant, but just like they said. "History always repeating itself". Same boat with C&C Rivals.

I really wish this game is really a straight out of season April Fools joke.

Some comments is the best, this is one example:

"I have phones and microwave oven, but that doesn't mean that I want to use microwave oven to cook my steak. Same as Diablo game."