[Map] CNC-Bayside

Tiberium nodes and volumes completed, but i seem to be having a new issue pop up with the harvesters.  they make one pass at the tib collection and then just stay at the refinery after they make the first deposit of tiberium.  this remained after making new paths over again.

PT menu's done.

also, for some reason i cant seem to get the manitee to work for me for making endgame cameras.

Edited by iridesence

• Totem Arts Staff
24 minutes ago, iridesence said:

Tiberium nodes and volumes completed, but i seem to be having a new issue pop up with the harvesters.  they make one pass at the tib collection and then just stay at the refinery after they make the first deposit of tiberium.  this remained after making new paths over again.

PT menu's done.

also, for some reason i cant seem to get the manitee to work for me for making endgame cameras.

Make sure all the lines that lead from the Ref to the Tib are white. Fix that by making enough space between the pathnode and the mesh.

As for the endgame camera, follow this tutorial and check out the endgame camera mattinee in other maps.

1st screenshot: GDI tiberium field.  (complete)

ss1.png

2nd screenshot: center field (overland).  rocks added, and terrain noise added.

ss2.png

3rd screenshot:  Bunkers added just outside bay entrances to base for infantry to use as cover.

ss3.png

Edited by iridesence

42 minutes ago, iridesence said:

I also refrenced that tutorial, but i think im doing somthing wrong, as i cant get any lines to appear between cameras.

Make sure that you edit different key frames: select them in matinee, or hit enter to create a new one; in the editor window you will see a text in the top left corner in which key frame you are editing.

building my lights (good 2-4 hour process for this pc for some raisin.)  and then i think I have a playable alpha version.  added some minor decor to both bases.  some small bugs done.    temp minimap in for now (thanks @Madkill40 for that minimap work).

still needs decals and advanced terrain texturing.  (to be done after everything else is good and finished and working.)

Edited by iridesence
  • Like 1

Well, here it is, my first open test of the map if people want to try it out:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9bscjyx9o4a31b/C%26C-Bayside.rar

Please be aware  that decals and advanced ground textures are not in yet.    Its my first map so I am expecting bugs and what not.

edit: palm trees have no texture ingame (but do in the udk editor).  aware of issue. trying to find out the issue to correct it.

Edited by iridesence
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

its on the backburner for now until i can figure out how to solve some critical bugs i discovered.    id rather figure them out myself so i haven't reached out to anyone yet.

its not abandoned per say, its just not at my top priority atm, as i have other stuff that is holding my current attention.  (both irl, and renx related)

Edited by iridesence

I am hardly the only one doing map testing. And as you are undoubtedly aware, my primary focus (or should I say "Eyes") at the moment rests with official maps. However, if the author has an updated version, it would need to be uploaded. If not, Try and I would compile a report on the version published a month ago.

• 5 months later...

once i get back from vacation here in a few weeks, i am going to try to take another shot at fixing stuff with this map, and do more touch-up passes.    Bit of a waste to just leave this here 60% finished or so.

if i still cant fix the bugs then ill prob use the ideas from this map experience towards.. another project.

• Like 3