Snow Vehicle Tunnel Suggestion

RipperSnapper

So I had this little idea for improving the Snow Veh Tunnel. As it's just one long bore...

This may not even be possible, I went onto SNOW on Skirmish and realised how god-damn small the tunnel is to start with.

APOLOGIES FOR MY AWFUL PAINT-JOB BELOW!

SO colour coding this out...

BLACK line = Current Veh Tunnel
Blue Shapes = Current Inf (in the Veh) Tunnel 
Green Shapes = Suggested Additional Tunnels
Yellow Shapes  = Suggested Additional Inf (in the Veh) Tunnels  (maybe possibly links to upstairs?) Infantry can dip in and out from the Infantry Walls to the Tunnels.

1653041397_snowtunneladditions.thumb.png.5c50391db16834fbaa5e24116c7fc0c6.png

Snow is clearly not made for 64 players,not even 40 players.To judge this map based on 64p servers'  gameplay is unfair.

20 players is optimal for this map with how it is right now(maybe a little more or less).Would love to see something like Field --> Field X  done to Snow,with more vehicle and infantry routes.

5 minutes ago, ObeliskTheTormentor said:

Snow is clearly not made for 64 players,not even 40 players.To judge this map based on 64p servers'  gameplay is unfair.

20 players is optimal for this map with how it is right now(maybe a little more or less).Would love to see something like Field --> Field X  done to Snow,with more vehicle and infantry routes.

Yeah the vehicle route needs an upgrade. Heck, maybe two veh paths that arch around? Heck, there's already a road there that leads to nothing (despite it being out of bounds)

Maybe the INF section in the middle can intertwine with the suggested veh paths either side?

WARNING INCOMING PAINT IMAGE.

363510125_snowsideveh.png.962672fadc4327feec518dc681c52ed8.png

5 hours ago, Eagle XI said:

Snow is simply put the worst map. Its a senseless meat-grinder that makes absolut zero sense.

uhm, we're taking about RenX. it makes sense.

also.. it depends on the server size (max. players) | game settings (as.. public grind or organized match) | and... good old teamplay!

Snow is one of the best maps. just like... Walls. So simple. and even though I don#t like it too much with... 18334098930 million players, it's fun to play from 4-4 up to 32-32. Just watch some of LavaDragons or TK's or anyones YT videos.

Also - check out TKs Twilight. same "logic". same simple design. well done @TK0104

######

@Eagle XI don't get me wrong, I really understand your point. but the Snow I remembered from C&C Renegade and the Snow from today... are so different but still the same. @Henk (and others!) did a good job with the revamp... but ofc there is still room for the little extra change that makes the map more fun...

like. an Obelisk ;) nah. most issues have been fixed thanks to T.O.s efforts. the rest was the community annoying the devs until someone did it :)

11 minutes ago, Eagle XI said:

Can we move this map out of 64p server map rotation then, pretty please ?

that's up to the individual server owners. but... I think @Sarah! was working on something? or anyone. can't remember atm ..

• Totem Arts Staff
2 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

uhm, we're taking about RenX. it makes sense.

also.. it depends on the server size (max. players) | game settings (as.. public grind or organized match) | and... good old teamplay!

Snow is one of the best maps. just like... Walls. So simple. and even though I don#t like it too much with... 18334098930 million players, it's fun to play from 4-4 up to 32-32. Just watch some of LavaDragons or TK's or anyones YT videos.

Also - check out TKs Twilight. same "logic". same simple design. well done @TK0104

######

@Eagle XI don't get me wrong, I really understand your point. but the Snow I remembered from C&C Renegade and the Snow from today... are so different but still the same. @Henk (and others!) did a good job with the revamp... but ofc there is still room for the little extra change that makes the map more fun...

like. an Obelisk ;) nah. most issues have been fixed thanks to T.O.s efforts. the rest was the community annoying the devs until someone did it :)

that's up to the individual server owners. but... I think @Sarah! was working on something? or anyone. can't remember atm ..

Nah. If the players vote it, they have to live with their decisions.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sarah! said:

Nah. If the players vote it, they have to live with their decisions.

Like, quitting the server or playing something else even. :]

2 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Dunno, maybe an higher player count version could be made of this map.