AGT/Obelisk problems without energy.

Interval

ppbut.png.df691cd4138ff24bdd110b81dcffe67b.png

Energy Button in menu

When a power plant is destroyed, defensive structures cease their work and become unnecessary (AGT/Obelisk).

I propose a solution.

After the destruction of the power station, the player will be available a button, which for a certain time will restore:

• Economy. Prices will fall by half.
  • Defensive buildings begin to work again.

The button will be active for all players, after (for example) two minutes, after the explosion of Power Plant.
    Time: 20-30 seconds.
    After using the first cooldown, 5 minutes. The next cooldown is 6 (7) minutes. The next 7 (8), etc.

P.S.: Sorry for my French, if you understand the main idea - correct me.

Edited by Interval
  • Like 1

Very interesting idea.

After all in classic C&C RTS, you could de-activate/power-off certain structures, if you were low on power to re-establish some base-operation.
First of all, I think that any such option should only be available to 1 person on the team, i.e. the commander.

Secondly, instead of a single "energy" button, why not introduce a trade-off: give the commander the opportunity to power up/down any remaining structure; e.g. powering down the Barracks/HoN, Refinery, and Weapons Factory/Airstrip, (with the associated penalties) would enable the defences to come back online. I guess, it's best to only allow 1 building to be fully operational at any time without a powerplant.

And powering up/down a building takes e.g. 10 sec., so you cannot immediately switch on defences when you need them.

The commander thus has to prioritise: Credits vs. Infantry vs. Vehicles vs. Defences

Our code would have to be re-written in some parts to accommodate that, but it could be an interesting idea.

As @Interval said, without the powerplant, the defences become empty shells, and the economy takes a big hit as well.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, j0g32 said:

Very interesting idea.

After all in classic C&C RTS, you could de-activate/power-off certain structures, if you were low on power to re-establish some base-operation.
First of all, I think that any such option should only be available to 1 person on the team, i.e. the commander.

Secondly, instead of a single "energy" button, why not introduce a trade-off: give the commander the opportunity to power up/down any remaining structure; e.g. powering down the Barracks/HoN, Refinery, and Weapons Factory/Airstrip, (with the associated penalties) would enable the defences to come back online. I guess, it's best to only allow 1 building to be fully operational at any time without a powerplant.

And powering up/down a building takes e.g. 10 sec., so you cannot immediately switch on defences when you need them.

The commander thus has to prioritise: Credits vs. Infantry vs. Vehicles vs. Defences

Our code would have to be re-written in some parts to accommodate that, but it could be an interesting idea.

As @Interval said, without the powerplant, the defences become empty shells, and the economy takes a big hit as well.

I think this would be a great way to give Commanders more sway and tactical options in the game.

Its always stupid to have an still not destroyed but offline AGT/Obelisk in your base. The building feels now very useless and no player is realy going to repair this building when its damaged.

So I like to make another proposal for this situation:

When the powerplant is destroyed, the AGT/Obelisk can be recharged by using the rapair beam. Its similar to red alert 2, where the tesla trooper are able to this at a defunct tesla coil:

latest?cb=20100315141907

Edited by Darkraptor
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Darkraptor said:

Its always stupid to have an still not destroyed but offline AGT/Obelisk in your base. The building feels now very useless and no player is realy going to repair this building when its damaged.

So I like to make another proposal for this situation:

When the powerplant is destroyed, the AGT/Obelisk can be recharged by using the rapair beam. Its similar to red alert 2, where the tesla trooper are able to this at a defunct tesla coil:

latest?cb=20100315141907

This is not true, the players repair it.

I do not approve of your offer. The sentence j0g32 sounds more interesting.

17 hours ago, Darkraptor said:

latest?cb=20100315141907

Interesting

I don't know if it's possible,but having another terminal in the Obelisk/AGT that(when Power Plant is down) can be charged using 1 Tech (or 2 engineers) for maybe 50%  of the actual damage of the AGT/Obelisk or can be charged using 2 techs (or 4 engineers) for 100% of the actual damage of the AGT/Obelisk, certainly looks interesting.

On 4/5/2018 at 4:27 AM, j0g32 said:

Very interesting idea.

This all sounds pretty cool, but I'm starting to wonder if that would be a bit too much for the one commander to handle. Usually the commanders who are chosen tend to lean more on the side of offense. Commanders are usually out in the field, or organizing rushes. I don't know how much time they would have to keep a close eye on power distribution back at the base.

I wonder if the commander's roles should be split in two, and have an offensive commander and a defensive commander? The offensive commander gets emp bomb, cruise missile, offensive buff, etc. The defensive commander gets the ability to remove mines, defensive buff, ability to power on/off certain structures, etc.

On 13.04.2018 at 12:06 AM, ps212 said:

This all sounds pretty cool, but I'm starting to wonder if that would be a bit too much for the one commander to handle. Usually the commanders who are chosen tend to lean more on the side of offense. Commanders are usually out in the field, or organizing rushes. I don't know how much time they would have to keep a close eye on power distribution back at the base.

I wonder if the commander's roles should be split in two, and have an offensive commander and a defensive commander? The offensive commander gets emp bomb, cruise missile, offensive buff, etc. The defensive commander gets the ability to remove mines, defensive buff, ability to power on/off certain structures, etc.

One commander with 40 players - of course this is too much, for one player. But this is another problem requiring a different topic.