[Level] CNC-Twilight

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey guys!

A few months ago I was looking into my maps that I created in the past. When I looked at it, I was thinking by myself: "This is really ugly done". Then I had this idea to bring back this map because this was a popular map back in the day. But it lost his populairity when we got better custom maps for the game and map ended up in the archives. I did my best to keep it in the game but in the end the map got removed from the base game.

With CNC-Twilight I'm trying to re-gain it's populairity and give it one more chance! A lot has been done differently this time to "fix" what I did wrong in CNC-Training Yard. I made the map bigger than it's original. This one is 25% bigger than the original, so that gives the players some more space to fight. Another thing was the early base-to-base rushes through the Infantry Path that ended the game really quick. It has obstructions now that blocks off the Infantry Path Entrances. Also, the paths that are leading to the bases are different shaped than the original. The original had paths leading to the center, but the new ones are leading more the field, so a "Hit 'n Run" is impossible in the early game.

Weapon Pick-Ups are back! This was the feature that made CNC-Training Yard, CNC-Training Yard. Weapon Pick-Ups are another way to influence the game. The only thing was that in the original it was influencing the game too much, so I paid special attention on which weapons are able to be picked up. The currently weapons that you can pick up are: Shotgun, Markman Rifle, Green Tiberium Auto Rifle. The Green Tiberium Auto Rifle won't spawn in the early game, but later. SBH's won't be able to pick-up weapons like in the Original Renegade MP. We don't want deadly snipers running around stealthy, right?

So I hope you guys enjoy it better than it's original, since it's for me feeling like a brand new map that actually doesn't really links to it's original. And if you have an opinion about it, please share!

If you found any bugs that need to be resolved, please PM me here on the forums or PM me in Discord. I'm more active on Discord these days than the actual forums.

Cheers,

TK0104

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

So I might've forgot to release V1.1.0 someday, but here it is!

Version 1.1.0 is Released!

Spoiler

Changelist

- Fixed getting out of the map
- Added Lighting to the Central Infantry Path

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...