Report Problems With Your RenX Launcher Here

AlienXAXS

31 minutes ago, Enzopastrana1 said:

sorry for being annoying, but i'm full of problems, now when it reach the 100% download nothing happens

Oeh, so we solved the first problem only for the next to arise.
Is it like 99.47% or something, or do you really mean 100%?

It may be extracting stuff to your hard drive there but it cannot show true progress for that because it uses some external program.
Give it some time. Let it be "stuck" there for an hour or so.

If that doesn't help, then maybe @Fffreak9999 knows this one better than me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Opening the launcher gives me the "looks like you're either playing for the first time or your install is corrupted" prompt, but choosing to install causes a window to open for a moment and then close, followed by nothing.

Attempted both a restart and deleting the contents of %localappdata%\Totem_Arts, the :05 log file is from after doing both of those things. Not sure what to try next.

EDIT: Okay, I fixed it. The trick was to say no to installing the game on the prompt, which allows the launcher to open properly. Then just verify the game files via the launcher, which causes it to download the whole thing because there's no files.

Renegade-X Launcher.zip

Edited by ZincAlloy
Found solution myself.

Hello,

so today (15.01.2021) my launcher updated the game to version: 5.470a.

After the update, the game crashes to desktop during startup (launcher works fine, when i click "launch game" inside the launcher the game crashes) with error:

"Failed to created the D3D9 Device! This can happen if the desktop is locked. Exiting..."
- last 3 logs are attached to this post.

Common solutions to this problems i found online were:
a) update to latest graphics driver - my driver is up to date: NVIDIA 461.09
b) change game resolution to match the desktop resolution - i went into Renegade X/UDKGame/Config/UDKSystemSettings.ini and changed resolution to: ResX=1920 and ResY=1080 (which matches my desktop resolution).
c) reinstall Direct X runtimes - reinstalled with file from this website (which was recommended by few sites):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

None of this helped so i am sorry to bother you guys, but i am kind of lost, and had to come here. The thing is, for the last two updates i had errors resulting in crash to desktop, that i managed to fix with the help of internet (praise the internets) by tweaking the .ini files of the game. This time i got 0 progress.

Edits: typos; i also tried to reset game and verify game files.

unreal-v12791-2021.01.15-18.09.02.dmp unreal-v12791-2021.01.15-18.09.44.dmp unreal-v12791-2021.01.15-18.13.42.dmp

Edited by Cake0725

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Searched the forums and not sure if my issue has been solved before

Return player, new computer

Downloaded launcher just fine. When I opened the launcher for the first time, instead of trying to install, nothing happened. Restarted computer, ran as admin, ran under compatibility, checked firewall, no change.

Downloaded just fine on my spouse's computer and pulled up like it should have. Any idea what I can try to get the launcher to launch first-time-install?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hands up here, too.

launcher says "unable to download version information". As is updated Ren x on another comp, it worked.

Copied that Ren x to the better machine and ran the launcher - even if i now got the latest version it

says: "version mismatch".. WTF? Glad i'm not the only one with launcher probss.. ;)

• 8 months later...

I can't seem to join a game, everything was fine yesterday but when I launch the game and try to join a server it does nothing.  I even try joining from the desktop launcher and it launches the game but then just goes to the normal game screen, there is no attempt to load no matter how much i click the servers or click join server.  I've also already uninstalled the game and reinstalled and still the same outcome.

Edited by Hotbuttergoo

On 10/23/2022 at 12:56 AM, Hotbuttergoo said:

I can't seem to join a game, everything was fine yesterday but when I launch the game and try to join a server it does nothing.  I even try joining from the desktop launcher and it launches the game but then just goes to the normal game screen, there is no attempt to load no matter how much i click the servers or click join server.  I've also already uninstalled the game and reinstalled and still the same outcome.

I'm having the exact same issue as well, it only affects the official TotemArtMarathon - eu server though, everything else works just fine and it all started after I got a server is at capacity message while i was trying to join, after then nothing happens no matter how much i try to join.

5 hours ago, WhErE aRe mY dRaGoNs said:

I'm having the exact same issue as well, it only affects the official TotemArtMarathon - eu server though, everything else works just fine and it all started after I got a server is at capacity message while i was trying to join, after then nothing happens no matter how much i try to join.

Yeah I tooled around yesterday and same thing, I cant join the main server, just the other dead servers :(

• Totem Arts Staff
20 hours ago, WhErE aRe mY dRaGoNs said:

14 hours ago, Hotbuttergoo said:

Yeah I tooled around yesterday and same thing, I cant join the main server, just the other dead servers :(

Not a problem on launcher side, but issue should be resolved now. If you still can't join, let me know.

• Totem Arts Staff
15 hours ago, WhErE aRe mY dRaGoNs said:

was working fine for a while today but started to happen again now, double click and join button don't do anything can't join...

We are developing some new scripts for firewall management, I apologize for any interruptions. It's easier to get attention by Discord, but I'll check here more often. Please make new thread if needed.

• NodSaibot unpinned and locked this topic