Report Problems With Your RenX Launcher Here

AlienXAXS

This has been a long time coming, but I feel that with the drastic changes the launcher has had recently(ish) it's best if I tell everyone how to provide us with useful bug reports for launcher weirdness and/or failure.

How Do I Submit A Great Bug Report?
What a great question, I'm glad you asked!

Firstly you must know where the launchers log files sit, this is crucial to us being able to debug your issue better.

To give us a copy of the launcher log files, please follow these instructions:

1. Hit Windows Key + R at the same time to show the Run Dialog, within this Run Dialog ensure the text says: %appdata%\Renegade-X Launcher, then hit Ok
image.png.7b3dc053ef2e65c066ff46e169f6c249.png

2. A Windows Explorer Folder Dialog will open, inside should be log files that look like these:
image.png.43b7f6c632ea3ee694febac275df1a04.png

2a. We need these files, simply hold CTRL and press A to select all of the files within the directory.
2b. Right click the files, navigate the menu to Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder
image.png.7e73b5665598122605327c79c05a6a88.png

3. Send us the zip file by attaching it to a topic reply post, please ensure you include any details of what you were doing during the problem.
(To simply attach a file to a post, right click the file and select Copy, then right click the posts text area and select Paste)

I hope this helps some people submit bug reports for the launcher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not wanting the multiplayer server I'm wanting the single player installer ill explain a bit more everytime I'm downloading the black dawn installer it keeps getting disrupted by the internet but here's the weird thing my internet is always full 5 bars so i dont know why its not downloading .

Edited by CnC gamer

• 7 months later...

Hi I want to report a problem I see very disturbing in the game I do not know if I only have or all people

The problem is that the game depends on the default CPU running while the default choice to run is to rely on the GPU as in all games. This is a terrible mistake in my view that all the effort spent in a fun game is wasted because of this error

ren1.jpg

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, Daredevil612 said:

Hi I want to report a problem I see very disturbing in the game I do not know if I only have or all people

The problem is that the game depends on the default CPU running while the default choice to run is to rely on the GPU as in all games. This is a terrible mistake in my view that all the effort spent in a fun game is wasted because of this error

ren1.jpg

The launcher is not the same executable file as the game itself, and that seems like a local setting, not one we can change.

I do not know but it was a very horrible experience when I played the game in the tradition of double click and did not know it was running on the CPU! Until I accidentally tried to operate it manually on the GPU and of course the difference was very large ...... I hope that this problem will be solved soon

• 3 months later...

So I downloaded the launcher, launched the game, clicked multiplayer, but can't see any of the servers to join. When I first launch it, a box with all the servers pop up, but once I launch the actual game, no luck. 

In my first attempt, I WAS able to see the servers but everything closed due to my anti-virus software. I thought I had resolved that issue but now the issue mentioned above occurs. Any suggestions?

Edited by Caleb
Grammatical Error

• Totem Arts Staff
22 minutes ago, Caleb said:

So I downloaded the launcher, launched the game, clicked multiplayer, but can't see any of the servers to join. When I first launch it, a box with all the servers pop up, but once I launch the actual game, no luck. 

In my first attempt, I WAS able to see the servers but everything closed due to my anti-virus software. I thought I had resolved that issue but now the issue mentioned above occurs. Any suggestions?

Add an exception to your antivirus for the RenX folder. And allow UDK.exe and Renegade X Launcher.exe access through your firewall.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I am kinda a new user however I did play Renegade X like one year ago never had any problems and loved the game. Untill I no longer could start the game, because I would crash for some reason so I deleted it and installed it again.

So if I start the launcher and click launch game the game will crash in the first or second screen I get. This was the same problem I had an year ago.

Never doing anything in the backround so I have no idea why it isnt working, when I play on my laptop everything is fine. (I do the same steps as on my laptop).

If anyone could help me thanks I really wanne play this again and if you can explain it to me in simple english that would be awesome.

Kind regards,

Midorikawa

30-48-2019 - 21-48-34-Application.zip

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, Midorikawa said:

If you are making it to at least a loaing screen then this shouldn't be a launcher error. 

Try opening the launcher and using 'Reset Game' at the top right. That should reset the configuration files if they're corrupted in any way.

If you had an older installation at any point, you may also want to navigate to the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X), right click and open 'properties' , and on the 'Security' tab add 'Everyone' and give it full control of the folder. That should prevent it having issues with compiling shaders and configuration changes later.

• Totem Arts Staff
On 9/24/2019 at 2:30 PM, Midorikawa said:

Hello,

I am kinda a new user however I did play Renegade X like one year ago never had any problems and loved the game. Untill I no longer could start the game, because I would crash for some reason so I deleted it and installed it again.

So if I start the launcher and click launch game the game will crash in the first or second screen I get. This was the same problem I had an year ago.

Never doing anything in the backround so I have no idea why it isnt working, when I play on my laptop everything is fine. (I do the same steps as on my laptop).

If anyone could help me thanks I really wanne play this again and if you can explain it to me in simple english that would be awesome.

Kind regards,

Midorikawa

30-48-2019 - 21-48-34-Application.zip 33.37 kB · 2 downloads

Problem was resolved by reinstalling the operating system, most likely it was caused by corrupted or missing system libraries.
Launch.log included for future references.

Launch.log

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So the launcher just stops working and won't even get to install the game stage. Only antivirus I have is the windows defender no others (unless spybot is considered antivirus but I disabled that as well) I have it allowed through the firewall. So I'm not sure what the issue is. It looks like it is bringing up the installation window and then just stops. It is set as "run as administrator". Windows 7 64 bit OS. The UDKGame, Binaries and Engine folders are all empty (if there should be anything in those before installation). It is on a separate hard drive that doesn't have the OS on it but even trying it on the hard drive with the OS achieved the same result.

image.thumb.png.c3fd92bb95d9e9f8e3c9f4662edd5ed2.png

05-11-2019_19-31-54_Application.zip

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Launcher was at 99,89% download of the game (first time). It stood like that for a while, had to leave and turn the PC off. When I turned it back on later the launcher wasn't working anymore. Nothing shows up when clicking it. Nothing happens. It doesn't open any new tasks in the task manager. Tried uninstalling, deleting everything, reinstalling, deleting the appdata/roaming/RenegadeLauncher folder, everything. It just refuses to open again.

What do?

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same issue as Militia Man. Launcher does not start and doesn't open any window or report any error. Application log doesn't contain any helpful information either (see attached). I was able to play the game without issues about a year ago when I was running Windows 10 1809. Now running Windows 10 1903. I tried uninstalling, cleaning up folder, then reinstalling. Launcher installs, but won't run. Tried to run as administrator also, but no difference.

Edit (solution found):

Turns out the Renegade X Launcher causes d3d9.dll to fail with exception code 0xc0000005 when RivaTuner is running. Closing RivaTuner allowed the Renegade X Launcher to run. Updating RTSS from 7.2.2 to 7.2.3 resolved issues.

01-12-2019_16-07-16_Application.log

Edited by BTGuy
Found Solution

• 2 weeks later...

Trying a first time installation of the launcher. After upsetting Windows Defender, I allowed the .msi install file to continue. Then, without any further progress, I'm getting this error, which essentially says "This installation package could not be opened. Please have the application's developer check whether it is a valid Windows installer-package."

image.png.701f699d6fe648505469d5b5dc6f1844.png

My system:

Windows 10 Home x64, AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM.

No anti virus, firewall or malware software other than Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. No RivaTune, TuneUp, Nvidia or any other mumbo-jumbo software running or installed.

Unfortunately, the game's full download was apparently taken down so I can't even get around the launcher.

ETA: Also I'm unable to apply any compatibility settings or even run as admin, because the checkboxes are gray and deactivated.

image.png

Edited by ElSchorscho
additional info

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to join a server directly from the launcher screen and then press the huge join server button, the game starts changing fullscreen mode and crashes. If I start the game manually and then join the server via the multiplayer server list it works fine, it makes no difference if the mirror starts via the launcher or directly.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the game with msi launcher, when i click on shortcut nothing happens exept process is being shown up for several minutes. Tried to reinstall and turning off antivirus, also launching with admin. Also it is impossible to close that process even in manager. Is it possible to download it without launcher?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, so I'm trying to connect to the server and i get an error message saying : "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

my system :

windows 7 64 , x5450 3.6Ghz, gtx950 fresh os install all driver and windows updated. installed the launcher, UE3, direct X, Net framework all installed.

launched as admin and compatible mode, skip video and 64bit setting didn't help. windows defender and firewall where turned off and added a exception for the game.

really cant find the problem I'm having, hope the geniuses in the forum can help me.

Thanks

10-02-2020_16-15-48_Application.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
On 2/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, Ragnar99 said:

Hi, so I'm trying to connect to the server and i get an error message saying : "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

my system :

windows 7 64 , x5450 3.6Ghz, gtx950 fresh os install all driver and windows updated. installed the launcher, UE3, direct X, Net framework all installed.

launched as admin and compatible mode, skip video and 64bit setting didn't help. windows defender and firewall where turned off and added a exception for the game.

really cant find the problem I'm having, hope the geniuses in the forum can help me.

Thanks

10-02-2020_16-15-48_Application.zip 634 B · 10 downloads

This shows you had multiple Launchers running. Restart your pc and try again? Also you may want to check Windows Event Logs

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Rogal said:

Hello I am having issues where the launcher will not open I tried repairing using admin privileges and uninstalling/reinstalling and it will not run the application, I even made sure to re link the shortcut to the application in the files just in case please help

29-06-2020_19-54-44_Application.zip 2.67 kB · 0 downloads

Check Windows Event Logs, got anything in there?

Carlos

This occasionally happens to me when i am surfing the servers for a game, and i have turned the list on and off several times.    My fix is to go to Task manager and turn it off there.    I don't know why sometimes it still thinks about the game after i turn it off.

Edited by isupreme

Hey,

i just installed renegade x these days. When starting the launcher I get this message asking whether its the first time starting the game and if i want to install the game. after pressing the "yes" button i see a new window flashing up for a millisecond before it disappear in the void with no more reaction.

Logs attached...

Renegade-X Launcher.zip

Just now, PembolongSabun said:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    UDK.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    54cad26a
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a5bdfe0
  Exception Code:    00000001
  Exception Offset:    000000000000aa7d
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1057
  Additional Information 1:    1084
  Additional Information 2:    1084aeb9ec4b645c3f2d4856f2ea1a7b
  Additional Information 3:    c555
  Additional Information 4:    c555e57601f34e67583f7f0601f96389

renegade x has stopped working

Ok so i Dicked it up good.  Uninstalling won't help.  The launcher won't start. But if i link a network folder with it installed from another computer it launches.  Here is where i dicked it up.  The launcher wasn't Downloading and kept crashing so i got impatient and just snagged a Folder from my computer Via Remote Desktop and copied it over.  The Donating Folder was Drive E.  Now the Game launches but the Launcher fails on all fronts, just a Spiny loading wheel then nothing, not even in the task manager.  How and where do i Modify it to get it to go to the correct directory.  I checked the Launcher log files and it says its pulling the Binaries from the C drive where it is installed.  So its another item i believe calling to the Wrong Dir.  Ideas please.  The Wife is pissed.....

On 7/8/2020 at 7:54 AM, Kaylock said:

the Launcher fails on all fronts, just a Spiny loading wheel then nothing, not even in the task manager.

Try deleting the contents of the folder %localappdata%\Totem_Arts.
While leaving the "Totem_Arts" folder itself in place.

Please do let us know if this solves the problem for you.

On 7/8/2020 at 6:47 AM, PembolongSabun said:

It seems that a problem occurred while patching. (in the extraction phase)
Does your computer have plenty of disk space on the drive letter to which you're installing?

If there is, then open up the spoiler.

Spoiler
We could start with the following:

1. Temporarily disable your antivirus
2. Right-click Renegade X Launcher.exe and click Run as administrator
3. In the Launcher, navigate to "Settings" in the upper-right corner and click "Verify game integrity"
4. Wait for it to fully finish
5. Reenable your antivirus

If this doesn't help, please submit the new Launcher log(s).
And also find and upload your UDK log from the Renegade X\UDKGame\Logs folder.

Edited by DugeHick

10 hours ago, DugeHick said:

Try deleting the contents of the folder %localappdata%\Totem_Arts.
While leaving the "Totem_Arts" folder itself in place.

Please do let us know if this solves the problem for you.

That seemed to have done it.  The launcher Fires right up.  Running Integrity Check to repair my F ups.  thanks.  

• Like 1

Just downloaded and tried installing tonight.

After running the .msi file, clicked on the "Renegade X Launcher" shortcut.
Get the message box stating it looks like this is the first time running.  I click the "yes" button to install.
The frame of a window briefly appears and disappears.
Mouse pointer spins for a second, and then nothing happens.

Windows 10 home, 1909
Intel Core i5-7400 @3.00 Ghz
8 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
SSD with 219 GB of free space

17-07-2020_23-15-01_Application.zip

Edited by Pathdrc

• 2 weeks later...

May be launcher related but after playing Ren-X launcher can use high CPU and then OS overlay elements incl browser, task manager/etc lose focus. Only after Ren X... any ideas? Have to log off/on to fix. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • NodSaibot unpinned and locked this topic