Game seems not to finish loading

Slav

Hello,

Coming back to this game after like a year. So I just patched the game and can get onto the server list just fine. I can refresh and see all the games. Whether I click join server or just to open the game in general, I run into this same issue where I'm just stuck on the loading screen infinitely. This is the initial loading screen to get into the client, not to join the server so I can't imagine it's a firewall/connection issue. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Slav

• Totem Arts Staff
2 minutes ago, Slav said:

Hello,

Coming back to this game after like a year. So I just patched the game and can get onto the server list just fine. I can refresh and see all the games. Whether I click join server or just to open the game in general, I run into this same issue where I'm just stuck on the loading screen infinitely. This is the initial loading screen to get into the client, not to join the server so I can't imagine it's a firewall/connection issue. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Slav

Are you trying to load into an AGN server or any server?

Guest Gliven

Just let the game load for a couple of mins after first booting it up. It usually takes a while the first time. After that it should boot up right away. By default the loading videos and map previews are disabled. So you might just be loading the game, not frozen. 

• Totem Arts Staff

Depends on which loading screen you see. Do you see this one:

Loading_Screen.thumb.png.6c5ad654bb456795957b774bc432546b.png

If so, then it could be one of the .ini files of the custom maps that are bugged. You can remove 1 by 1 the .ini file of each custom map and see which one is bugging it

Map .ini files can be found in: YourRenXFolder/UDKGame/Config and they are named like CNC-Field

List of Custom Maps that are standard in the game:

- CNC-Arctic Stronghold

- CNC-Crash Site

- CNC-Eyes

- CNC-Fort

- CNC-Glasses

- CNC-Gobi

- CNC-Reservoir

- CNC-Snow

- CNC-TombRedux

- CNC-Tunnels

Guest Gliven
12 hours ago, ShrewdTactician said:

Wait wat?

On the launcher, by default, skip movies is checked off when you first install the game. This skips pretty much all loading screens.