Combat Harvesters

Eagle XI

Yeah but how is giving the harvester a gun would stop 10 tanks in siege from farming points without making that harvy gun ridiculously overpowered? A better solution is to allow some kind of team vote to allow the Harvester to hold position in base, like parked in the refinery or something.

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, SvN91 said:

a disable harvester/blow up harvseter vote?

It would be really useful if someone could just order the harvester to stay in base.  Almost like we vote one player who could do multiple special commands to help benefit the team @yosh56

Edited by LavaDr4gon
  • Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

Harverster needs to be the harverster. It doesn't need guns or shields. It's fine how it is.

The only thing that needs to be improved is his IQ😂

Edited by TK0104
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

No, its not fine how it is. Its move and turn speed should be upgraded, its like what the slowest vehicle in the game ? Besides its dumb as a rock.

Inside the Refinery there could be an one-purpose console that can be used for remote controlling the harvester. Tiberium harvested automatically aslong on a field. Since without any guns babysitting the harv can get boring mount an mg-turret on it and make the gun require to be controlled by the remote-controller guy(gun not active when left to its own AI). Alternate approach may be increased speed only whilst being controlled.

20 hours ago, isupreme said:

maybe the team could buy  the harvester some ability?    Then it would not ruin the earliest rushing due to lack of funds.

Nice one, that way later in game Commander can buy one upgrade for the Harvester out of many choices. Possible upgrades would be change its mg to an rocket turret, give it a larger version of chemtrooper weapon that uses the load as ammo(Nod), buy it extra carry capacity(GDI), stealth(Nod), install passenger slots on the sides that can be manned by players for transport, extra armor, etc. The cmdr has to pick one of those upgrades as only one can be active at a time.

:]

Ah lest i forget: There can be an item only the commander can buy. An carryall service with noticeable cooldown. An chinook arrives to pick up the harvester and transports it back to base, drops it before refinery door.

Edited by Eagle XI
meow

Harvester could have a vet bonus for faster regen and speed and turning, based on average team veterancy?

It would be nice if when the harvester is kill in succession enough times it takes longer for a new harvester to come (without hindering the other vehicle build orders by players)

E.g. Each time the harvester dies the longer it will be until the next one is made. 2nd Harvester is instant, 3rd harvester will be 15s after death, then add 15s for every other death of a harveste

Harvester could have a vet bonus for faster regen and speed and turning, based on average team veterancy?

It would be nice if when the harvester is kill in succession enough times it takes longer for a new harvester to come (without hindering the other vehicle build orders by players)

Some interesting ideas in that.

Option:     When the Harvester  gains  veteran could mean it effects how the harvester is produced?

19 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

E.g. Each time the harvester dies the longer it will be until the next one is made. 2nd Harvester is instant, 3rd harvester will be 15s after death, then add 15s for every other death of a harveste

Stop giving me Mutator ideas :P lol

8 hours ago, roweboat said:

Somewhat real question: Can harvester gain VP when it runs people over? ala turrets gain VP when they kill someone.

I spent an hour killing my self as a $ 1000 character with the enemy Harvester driving through me. Died like 50+ times, it didn't even got to Veteran. ¬¬

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Doesn't the fact that you cannot see any rank above the harvester allready answer the question? Besides: I don't know how a harv would rank up in a real game scenario since it gets destroyed so often... 

Guest Gliven

@yosh56 Ryz is a very observant individual. If he says the harv doesn't have a rank, it doesn't. Also we all know when you buy a vehicle you must rank it up individually, and when it dies, it loses all of its rank progress.

5 hours ago, Ryz said:

Doesn't the fact that you cannot see any rank above the harvester allready answer the question?

2 hours ago, yosh56 said:

............. Please delete this and run before anyone sees it... 

Too late indeed xD

Harvy_vet.thumb.PNG.463e7c0c7437ba5438e94cfd14ad2091.PNG

Edited by limsup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ryz said:

Doesn't the fact that you cannot see any rank above the harvester allready answer the question? Besides: I don't know how a harv would rank up in a real game scenario since it gets destroyed so often... 

Sarcasm? Because a Harvester having rank is the first time I've seen a rank icon in Renegade X after the veterancy update. It's literally the very first unit that showed me rank icons appear on the HUD when you aim it so I will always remember it.

Back to topic: Harvester doesn't need a gun, a turret or a cloaking device.

Edited by vandal33

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Harvesters being unique in gaining some buffs of some kind, progressively adding +8 every time it's killed and -12 every time it makes a dump, so when it stops dying, it starts losing it's buffs.

Just saying. Doesn't have to be a gun. Could be speed and/or health boosts. May seem counter-intuitive, but it wouldn't completely reverse the difference between two teams, when one is now getting a harvester "occasionally" after losing one so frequently.

Also, possibly make it "wait 5 minutes into the game" to start doing this or something, to prevent any (marginal/minuscule) effects it'd have early-game.

Guest Gliven
55 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

let me farm more team-VP

This ^ i really hope you don't earn more VP for killing vet-heroic harvesters. Well.....as long as the Team VP bonus doesn't get a boost. Id be somewhat okay with individual VP bonus for killing a vet-heroic harvester.

3 hours ago, Gliven said:

This ^ i really hope you don't earn more VP for killing vet-heroic harvesters. Well.....as long as the Team VP bonus doesn't get a boost. Id be somewhat okay with individual VP bonus for killing a vet-heroic harvester.

I wasnt serious :S I dont think that any changes to the harvesters would be a good idea (apart from the path finding [going in circles etc.])

On 8-1-2018 at 11:44 PM, yosh56 said:

............. Please delete this and run before anyone sees it... 

Too late :P

On 9-1-2018 at 12:38 AM, Gliven said:

@yosh56 Ryz is a very observant individual. If he says the harv doesn't have a rank, it doesn't. Also we all know when you buy a vehicle you must rank it up individually, and when it dies, it loses all of its rank progress.

Well if I am not mistaken you can see ranks above turrets, so that's why I assumed the harv doesn't gain VP since I never noticed it... My bad...

EDIT: just checked in game and it shows the same as on a turret... Guess I never looked at it well enough...

Edited by Ryz

5 hours ago, Eagle XI said:

probably not a good idea but still:

Like the Aurora Bomber speeds up after delivering load in Gen:Zh, but instead when Harvester has full load. Harvester completes field trip sprints back to base gains increased speed.

Actually, the Aurora bomber in Generals slows down after dropping payload and it not only happens in ZH, it happens in Generals in general.

But giving harvesters increased ranks would be nice since it already has a rank icon. 1 rank up per running over enemy infantry (since it rarely happens). Each rank ups increases its speed and/or armor. It also stops enemies from purposely dying to the harvs.

7 hours ago, vandal33 said:

Actually, the Aurora bomber in Generals slows down after dropping payload and it not only happens in ZH, it happens in Generals in general.

But giving harvesters increased ranks would be nice since it already has a rank icon. 1 rank up per running over enemy infantry (since it rarely happens). Each rank ups increases its speed and/or armor. It also stops enemies from purposely dying to the harvs.

Ok, i did totally remember it wrong. Intention was to limit the speed boost for returning to base only, as to not boost the speed harvester gets into the field to prevent frequenter farming by the opposition.

I wish harvester VP whoring was reduced. Harvester should be worth 1vp by default and add 1vp every time it dumps. That way the listing team can catch up in VP just by killing the harvester after 10 dumps There is still advantage to killing the harvester constantly since you want to stop enemy credits. 

Is the extra cash at the start of the game already not a big enough advantage? It sucks when you join walls or field and you have no money and are recruit when the enemy has veteran or elite and 2000 credits each. 

• Like 2