What kind of music do you hear?

Guest once upon the time

I mainly prefer jazz, blues, rock, electro swing and contemporary orchestral music which are often dubbed as "Epic" "Vocal" or "Anime". Probably I missed quite a few genres which I love as well, like synthwave so here's something from it:

Edited by Radeon3
  • Thanks 1

Guest once upon the time

First at All:  Thanks to everybody who post his / her  music and share with us. I heard some new Genres i never heard before :).

I hope that we still going on and for ppl who have not posted: Feel free to post your music which you like.  :)

Edited by once upon the time

Guest once upon the time

I think the main problem is you have a lot of band all over the world and some only known in their country but making good music. I like it.

Diorama is a German band and i heard them first time over Spot.... (No advertisment :) ), and i like a lot of songs from them.

If i had to pick a song for my all time favourite. It would have to be Hurt by Johnny Cash.

Which is actually a cover, believe it or not. Johnny Cash makes it his own though. The original song is from Nine Inch Nails

Here is a snippet from a Rolling Stone article about Trent's reaction to Johnny's cover.

Trent Reznor remembers the first time he saw the video for Johnny Cash's cover of his 1994 song "Hurt." "Tears started welling up," he said. "I realized it wasn't really my song anymore. It just gave me goose bumps up and down my spine. It's an unbelievably powerful piece of work. After he passed away I remember feeling saddened, but being honored to have framed the end of his life in something that is very tasteful."

Which version do you guys like better?

@Gliven hard to tell to be honest. I guess more people can enjoy Cashs version of Hurt as Cashs style of music is more "mainstream" than NiN.

Reznor created more or less his own genre, a mix of Industrial, Electronic, Alternative. some people like it, some don't. Reznor is an incredible artist who created a fascinating music project with various great musicians

12 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

@Gliven hard to tell to be honest. I guess more people can enjoy Cashs version of Hurt as Cashs style of music is more "mainstream" than NiN.

Reznor created more or less his own genre, a mix of Industrial, Electronic, Alternative. some people like it, some don't. Reznor is an incredible artist who created a fascinating music project with various great musicians

Don't get me wrong sn4ke, I love NiN. I don't really care if cash's version is "mainstream" or not. Im no hipster lol :P. If you know anything about Johnny cash, you'd know how much hardship he went through. He isn't faking it when he talks about the "hurt", and you can tell through the music. There is a reason he covered this song.

Guest once upon the time
20 minutes ago, Gliven said:

Don't get me wrong sn4ke, I love NiN. I don't really care if cash's version is "mainstream" or not. Im no hipster lol :P. If you know anything about Johnny cash, you'd know how much hardship he went through. He isn't faking it when he talks about the "hurt", and you can tell through the music. There is a reason he covered this song.

Normal I dont  hear  Johnny Cash but in this song he is so authentic and you can feel the emotion. In the other Version its missing (and in my case I am not mainstream too) . 

Guest once upon the time

Short Story:

When i lived 2 years in Mexico the worker didnt speak German, of course, but some of them could spell in German a lot of Songs of this band :)