Blended server? timed and marathon?

isupreme

I had a blast this weekend when i found the server being used was timed.    Man O Man.    I really enjoyed the difference.       Thanks!

I also got to see some of other people's perspective as they talked about wanting marathon to fill up.

Would it be feasible  for a server to  sprinkle some  timed into their marathon.?   i.e.  a blended server?

Let's be frank.   Well frank left the building.  Let's be honest: with only one server populated, most times, won't the players tolerate a little back and forth?

Just a thought.....   Thanks  all for the timed.

• Totem Arts Staff

If you're wondering why this is, it's because map time limit's are handled via the server launch options.

At the moment, the settings that can be done PER MAP basis, are the one's that are generally handled within the map file itself. (Mine limit, vehicle count, airstrike cooldown, harvester dump amount and credit tick rate). Of course, there's probably a way for a mutator to change those (or just edit the map yourself, although this would include for people to download the entire file again). (My best guess.)

The case is different for the map time limit, as it is locked once the server starts up.

Edited by Sarah!

3 hours ago, Sarah! said:

(or just edit the map yourself, although this would include for people to download the entire file again)

Its a shame that these details for the map aren't based on the .ini file because that would make changing these limits much easier, especially when everybody has to download the changes made.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

Its a shame that these details for the map aren't based on the .ini file because that would make changing these limits much easier, especially when everybody has to download the changes made.

It was changed during the EKT vs Developers era