Can't Join Servers (Nothing Happens)

AZ-Stalker

• Totem Arts Staff

Logs? 

(Probably unrelated, but you have to download mutators, but it usually shows a progress bar)

While on the launcher you have to select a server and then press join server; double clicking a server name does nothing. After you press join on the launcher, does it open the game at least?

It's a fresh install on a fresh Win7 64 OS. I reset it in order to get through a black screen, so that was done already. It is however my first time using Microsoft Security Essentials and I have Malwarebytes running in the background (but not actively, merely an on-demand scanner). My firewall is up but it should be letting it through. When I click on Launch in the Launcher, I get a server running, but that's on my end. I just remember it being so simple to join a game before, and now neither the game or launcher does anything once a server is clicked heh.

Edited by AZ-Stalker

Fresh install means you haven't built lights or shaders for the maps yet. If you have loading screens disabled, then you will get a black screen until the map has fully loaded. I had the same problem. I thought the game crashed. But the game was just building shaders for the map. Give it a few minutes before you close the program. Or go in to skirmish and load all the maps at least once.