(Official) Maps we haven't seen yet?

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Hello there everyone!

So this is a very very rare topic I'm talking / asking about. It's about some (Official) Renegade X maps we haven't seen yet. Now first things first, I could be wrong (I'm just a human). Second of all: It's only a question. Third of all: I'm just interested. This topic is mainly focused to the Devs because they know what happened to these maps or what stage of development they are)

So let's get started!

Map 1: CNC-Piek

So I've watched the video Beyond Black Dawn recently and I saw some screenshots of maps that I never saw before, like CNC-Piek . I guess it's called like this since the assets shown on the screen are in one of the SDK packages, called RX_Piek.

Piek.thumb.png.81431b67d082cc406a901feb3a1ef944.png

59f88f334dfa5_Mesalookalikemap.thumb.png.86cad06c86b1913c1cc761595eaa01c3.png

First of all this screen reminded me a bit of the old Under design, but I know it's probably very very different from that. According to the screen AND the package it is a snow map with probably a bunker somewhere (I'm guessing since the bunker PC mesh is in that package). I like the design first of all and I think it will be a great addition for RenX. But I have no clue what the stage of development is in this map since I've never saw it after this video again.

Map 2: [UNKNOWN MAPNAME]

The second map has not that much info. From what I can see it is suppose to take place somewhere in Arabia and I'm probably looking on an Infantry Only area since this part doesn't really look like it has vehicle support. Again, the SDK shows us some of the assets like the fountain that's in the files.

Arabic_level.thumb.png.cfeb4032a30173951cfdd8d3234e389b.png

There is not any further info on this map and I think Kenz mentioned it once in the Canyon Making of Series after he got some of the assets to use it for Canyon. Furthermore it looks a really good, high detailed map and it will be the first Urban map, in Arabia :o

Map 3: CNC-Daybreak

This map is something more known because it got announced by the creator himself, HappyConscript / Evan Brooks. He announced it after Valley got announced and then we never saw any further progress. I think the devs got their hands on this map since I've seen it on the SDK recent loaded maps before. But this is what Daybreak looks like for the people who don't know what map that is.

image.thumb.png.c38214a39a9400364c3efb731d3bef00.png

e7bvI7W.thumb.jpg.9c510433dafc66a7e2ae1caa18b8431c.jpg

This map has been talked about more that the other 2 maps. I think this map as a bigger chance of getting an actual release than the other 2 and devs maybe trying to forget these maps they announced in the past. I don't know what the real truth is.

So what do you think about these maps. Should they be in the game? (Question to other RenX fans)

What happened to these maps (Question for devs: @Havoc89, @HappyConscript, @[NE]Fobby[GEN] and other devs who knows somethin')

Edited by TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, kenz3001 said:

last map is piek... maps are unfinished and unlikly tp be picked back up

Makes sence, too bad they never got finished :/

Edited by TK0104

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

I have small question to the Developers about these maps, but there is very small chance it is possible: Would it be possible the Community/experienced mappers (yes I'm an experienced mapper, but not talking about myself) can continue these maps when they have the permission of the original creator?

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

dont go looking to me to me about all these maps

piek was Zixxer's map

the Arabic map was Nielsen's map

daybrake was HappyConscript's map

i have nothing to do with these maps and for a few months i wont be doing any thing for renx as i have just had major surgery and need to recuperate