Ideas for XMas games

ex_member

I think it would be cool to add a giant Christmas tree for each base on the snowy version of walls flying. Add some Christmas lights on the base walls.
Everything else i could live without.

Snowball "grenades" would also be pretty cool

To be honest...

If I play on one of the Christmas Days it would be due the fact I have to (or want to) escape my family and other obligations. If I am celebrating Christmas I expect good food, a lot of nice drinks, my Girlfriend (and other women, but I don't tell her) dressed up in a nice looking Christmas dresses and so on...

For me I don't feel the need to have special Christmas maps, games, themes or whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Veyron said:

we need something.  we need reason to sign on around that time if nothing else is going on

On the other hand I agree with Veyron. If there's nothing going on I need something to entertain me (or us, the Ren-X) base. Maybe do something special not Christmas related around that time but do it only than?

Of course it's just my opinion...

Note: Adding a christmas varient for every map means players will have to essentially redownload every map, an Xmas patch requiring upto 1gb of space.

So we better have more than just one damn christmas tree.

I'd quite happily add christmas decorations to Volcano, Canyon and Under (Incl rebuild) to ease the ToDo list. Adding christmas decorations shouldn't break anything.

However! We need one shared Christmas content package we can share and use to avoid problems. One package for all maps = more efficient and should reduce download size. (So you're only downloading map files and one package file)

So start looking for christmas meshes and props for ut3 and post them in here.

Edited by Madkill40

@Ryz we could for example do it from 20th of Decemeber until the 10th of January, doesn't have to be just 2 days.

Last year I had the idea of replacing the obelisk with a christmas tree, shooting lasers from the tree-topper. Piles of presents could make for the walls to protect infantry and the MCT.

@Madkill40 I think a snowy Volcano would look great. Not saying you should make it or anything. But I think of all maps to give a snowing re-vamp, that would be the best one. The black rocks, the glowing lava and the tiberium would fit very well with snow I think.

Crates could be Christmas presents :P

Unfortunately I have other priorities to spend my time on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Adding a christmas varient for every map means players will have to essentially redownload every map, an Xmas patch requiring upto 1gb of space.

That is why i suggested walls 2. It is already a snow variant of an existing map.

1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Dear Santa Kane,

I'd like to see balances & bug fixes for all the regular maps.

And if I've been kind enough to deserve such a great gift. Please add Storm & City & Outposts & Sunrise to the rotation as well :x

Faithfully yours,

Sn4ke

No. 

You have been bad.

You get nothing but Toxicity.

GFY.

• Haha 2