C&C3 units

[B]Veyron

3 hours ago, Havoc89 said:

DO IT!

Personally I don't think EA would care at all. If they did C&C wouldn't be dead... Plus its not like RenX is a commercial game, so do as you please... Just dont tell them.

well..  gee thanks havoc for telling me to do illegal activities!  I was thinking of just re-tracing over the current models as to entirely remake the models from scratch but kinda cheat because I already have the models.  but yes keep it on the downlow if I decide to use these current models.    

but really thanks havoc! 

I have 

C&C4 - cyborg commando(w3x filetypes(???))

kanes wrath - everything incl the epic units.  samething w3x filetypes 

C&C3
scrin- Annilator tripod, corrupter, planetary assault carrier, shock trooper, assimilator, buzzers, razordrones, also have the garrison structures too for buildings
Nod- Blackhand, confessor, militants, rocketteam, saboteur, construction yard, flame tank, MCV, Avatar fully upgraded( can downgrade too by removal of components), shadow team, vertigo bomber
GDI - Warfactory, juggernaut, mammothtank, orca, pitbull, predator tank, zone trooper, commando, engineer, grenadier, missile, missileman, rifleman, sniper, sniper spotter, soldier
Civilian - mostly the decayed buildings you would see in yellow and red zones. like the crumbling houses with the tib all over them etc but I haven't checked for that object specifically

9 hours ago, Sarah! said:

Would be interesting to make a War Factory similar to Crash Site where you could purchase these vehicles on my map, or change the vehicles to only these vehicles on my map. They'd have to be rigged, wouldn't they?

ya everything has to be redone unfortunately.  I'd like to try and do this for myself because there's things i'd like to have in this particular environment but ya that's my secret plan

Edited by [B]Veyron

spoiler alert

I after hours of grinding my teeth of how I can re-add a texture that seems was already applied in 3ds max but wasn't showing up hence when I first imported my models there was no texture and now there is! hell ya still static meshes but so cool! 

the middle one is the fully upgraded version.  how I did it was applied my flame tank diffuse map on to the flame tank portion of the model and applied the avatar diffuse map to all the other parts (stealth detection, stealth generator, extra laser cannon) and I removed each model specific to each upgrade if you will hence why there is two basic avatars and so on..

badass.jpg

Edited by [B]Veyron
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Totem Arts Staff
54 minutes ago, Veyron said:

spoiler alert

I after hours of grinding my teeth of how I can re-add a texture that seems was already applied in 3ds max but wasn't showing up hence when I first imported my models there was no texture and now there is! hell ya still static meshes but so cool! 

the middle one is the fully upgraded version.  how I did it was applied my flame tank diffuse map on to the flame tank portion of the model and applied the avatar diffuse map to all the other parts (stealth detection, stealth generator, extra laser cannon) and I removed each model specific to each upgrade if you will hence why there is two basic avatars and so on..

badass.jpg

Holy shit those are cool. Would you mind sending those to me in PM? Save them in a package. I wanna mess around with them

Edited by Sarah!

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Veyron said:

selfie time

selfiederp.jpg note the texture and the model.  sure it could be improved  where do we make changes?

You can double click the texture and set the detail mode of the texture. Default is medium. 

I don't think you can't really optimize it further. It's probably 512x512 or 256x256, which is nice detailed when you see the units from above and from a distance, but it'll be low quality when you come too close

Maybe photoshop has a filter to make the image more high quality

Also make multiple maps for it. You got a diffuse, but a normal, specular and an emissive can make it more detailed aswell

Edited by TK0104

13 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

tcw?

Tiberium Crystal War, a mod for original Renegade with CnC 3 (TibWar) units. 

Same concept as how Reborn , A Path Beyond, and Apocalypse Rising (also the less known Scud Storm as well) mods change Renegade units to match a game in the CnC series.

Edited by Jarzey

On 18/10/2017 at 7:41 AM, Veyron said:

comyard.jpg

grertv.jpg

mind you where these models are from they are not as detailed as the current models

But still, I think it's just impressive what a difference it makes to use the same models in a W3D engine vs. Unreal (even without updated shaders) :o

Those models could already serve as decent placeholders, if you want to take this to the next level ;)

2 hours ago, j0g32 said:

But still, I think it's just impressive what a difference it makes to use the same models in a W3D engine vs. Unreal (even without updated shaders) :o

Those models could already serve as decent placeholders, if you want to take this to the next level ;)

No interiors, just outdoor PT hubs instead. :D 

and this is what I've been able to come up with for scaling purposes.  when I merge the files together the scales are already set as per the game I mean there's no need to adjust the scale.  I imported the med tank and havoc and adjusted them to scale the C&C3 models to see if it'll fit.  let me know what you think obvs it is a very small tank.

the other photo is on lakeside in the air with nod soldier standing next to gdi commando.  the predator is also the basic version which I thought would be cool to acquire the railgun upgrade in elite and the heroic would be the red ion beam instead of the blue.  

size1.jpg

size2.jpg

6 hours ago, Veyron said:

sorry not sorry? there's not much I can do with these models without messing the whole thing up and I wont take that chance.  

I'm happy with as they are to be honest, bit of lighting might make them look better or instead some distance might do the trick.

But the models are a good foundation as they are. Plz send? :D

apologies.  progress is slow.  I have come across some other models in the mean time (profile pic) atm I am trying to rig the predator tank by following havoc89s vehicle tut.  I am making progress though.

EDIT: due to my lack of knowledge of 3ds max is why things have been slow.  mesh has been stretched, textures distorted, things gone fucky, but now things are good.  I have successfully attached the bone hierarchy system to the tank and all its parts which is where I was fuckin' up b4.  

Edited by [B]Veyron
  • Like 1

UPDATE: I now have access to everything from C&C3 and theoretically everything from Kanes Wrath(if I had it) Red Alert 3 (I have it) and some other games made in the same time frame as C&C3.  textures(landscape, units, buildings, etc), sounds(units, explosions, main menu, videos, everything audio, bird calls, dogs barking, radio chatter, EVERYTHING), animations, models, music, not sure what else there is because there is a bunch of other files I haven't gone through.  HOWEVER I cannot convert the models due to filetype difference I do not know how to convert W3X engine type model data into data I can use elsewhere.  

That being said through my adventure I have also landed a whole of Tiberian Sun models NOT from Tiberian Sun Reborn.  I have also landed a massive Iowa class battlecruiser much like I wanted to do for my very first map for here.  

NOTE: I did not make any of these lol.  but the purpose is/was to bring them into another environment and see how they look.  I will post pictures later because I want everyone to see these.  

• [B]Veyron changed the title to C&C3 units