Destroyed Building Mines

Shuvon Gaming

• Totem Arts Staff

Wait really? I've practiced it myself in matches.

After the mine vote ban, you simply put up another mine ban vote (it says the person is mine banned again, but they are actually unbanned)

EDIT: just doulbed checked. Voting the same person to be mine banned again gives the text "Your mine ban was lifted".

Edited by roweboat

• Totem Arts Staff
8 minutes ago, roweboat said:

Wait really? I've practiced it myself in matches.

After the mine vote ban, you simply put up another mine ban vote (it says the person is mine banned again, but they are actually unbanned)

EDIT: just doulbed checked. Voting the same person to be mine banned again gives the text "Your mine ban was lifted".

I wonder if the mod command works the same way

You still have enough mines to to secure all buildings before and after a building is destroyed. It's just that you have extra mines after the building is gone. Your original mines at other buildings are still there so I don't think it's too urgent to disarm the mines at destroyed buildings. The "easy fix" of " teamwork / coordination / communication " is enough.

If there was a user command !unmine which removed your ownership from your mines allowing other players to disarm them that would be handy. Green text to the team stating "Player354 has unowned their mines"

Less hassle and less time consuming than trying to mineban someone 3 or 4 times.

Edit: In addition to this an admin/mod command "!unmine player354" would be a good way to stop griefers and players from ignoring their teams request to !unmine their mines.

It is minor but it would be better to have this and rarely use it than not have it, should there be the day that we have a surge of new players.

Edited by Madkill40

I wish there was a way for other players to remove your mines from dead buildings. Yesterday I played a game where I couldn't switch chars because I was the last Mobius/Sydney/whatever and the barracks were dead, and no refinery to buy the repair gun. In other games I was a spy and already carrying a beacon, waiting for the right moment to strike.

On the other hand, sometimes mines in a dead building can still be useful. Mainly because players on the other team don't expect them to be there.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 4:09 PM, DarkSn4ke said:

easy fix - it's called: teamwork / coordination / communication

You guys dont play outside of pugs do you?:P

Another vote for the !unmine style easy to use chat command, cause its a chore hauling ass back to base if youre in field.

Or if the commander slot ever emerges, an unmine commander ability.

23 minutes ago, Molested Bunny said:

You guys dont play outside of pugs do you?:P

yes I do, just not that much lately.

even on a public server it's possible to get rid of those mines with some effort. might just take a while until someone responds (maybe he's fighting / sneaking...) and if the player wont respond at all, just start a mineban - poll & state the reason on ingame teamchat and hope for the best (that your team mates can READ)

4 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

yes I do, just not that much lately.

even on a public server it's possible to get rid of those mines with some effort. might just take a while until someone responds (maybe he's fighting / sneaking...) and if the player wont respond at all, just start a mineban - poll & state the reason on ingame teamchat and hope for the best (that your team mates can READ)

Because a player being able to type !unmine and thus the ownership of their mines is removed isn't at all practical.

Nah. Lets have a 30 second vote and invoke 25%-75% of the team to take any notice and F1.

1 hour ago, Agent said:

Why don't we just move mines in destroyed buildings to the front of the mine queue, so that they're the first ones that get deleted when over-mining?

If you can do that then couldn't mines just take some kind of 'attrition' damage when in a destroyed building instead? i.e. auto-disarm if> in a dead structure.

1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

If you can do that then couldn't mines just take some kind of 'attrition' damage when in a destroyed building instead? i.e. auto-disarm if> in a dead structure.

you know.... on some maps you have a rather good supply of mines due to a high mine limit. and sometimes it can be good to mine a dead building just to prevent enemy killwhores, hiding & farming kills (spawns) inside -_-

3 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

you know.... on some maps you have a rather good supply of mines due to a high mine limit. and sometimes it can be good to mine a dead building just to prevent enemy killwhores, hiding & farming kills (spawns) inside -_-

And thus it would still be more practical and simpler to just have. !unmine <Your mines are now unowned> :D 

7 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

And thus it would still be more practical and simpler to just have. !unmine <Your mines are now unowned> :D 

it seems to be more practical, but certain ingame actions should be done by the individual player "manually" and not scripted. (or is there some *Mining* script I'm not aware of?)

• Totem Arts Staff

@Agent This would still trigger the Player is Overmining message, if there was some way for the system to show how many non-essential mines and not trigger the overmine broadcast, then that would also be helpful.

Maybe have the non-essential mines show in a bracket on the UI.

Example: 21/24 mines (3)

6 hours ago, KrypTheBear said:

We could also use a priority queue for the mines.

Those with higher priority get removed first and display a different EVA message. 

"A mine from a dead building has been replaced"

Good suggestion, cause now you just replace the first mine which was placed when you overmine, nomatter where it is. 

Edited by Ryz
Typo

Any mine not in a healthy building should be at the top of the priority list.

11 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

it seems to be more practical, but certain ingame actions should be done by the individual player "manually" and not scripted. (or is there some *Mining* script I'm not aware of?)

The !unmine would be for the individual user for their mines only... Apologies, didn't realise I had to repeat that bit of information.

53 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

The !unmine would be for the individual user for their mines only... Apologies, didn't realise I had to repeat that bit of information.

*sigh* - no offence meant - but sometimes you seem to be ignorant if it comes to reading comments & suggestions.

[could also be my fault due to lack of parlance skill]

so, my point is/was: I do think that removing mines in a destroyed building should be ACTIVELY done by the "responsible" miner / defender (I do know that this can be difficult on a public server...) cuz of gameplay...

+ your !unmine would remove ANY mine placed by that player instantly -> perfect event for any lucky sneaker xD

1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

16 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

*sigh* - no offence meant - but sometimes you seem to be ignorant if it comes to reading comments & suggestions.

[could also be my fault due to lack of parlance skill]

so, my point is/was: I do think that removing mines in a destroyed building should be ACTIVELY done by the "responsible" miner / defender (I do know that this can be difficult on a public server...) cuz of gameplay...

+ your !unmine would remove ANY mine placed by that player instantly -> perfect event for any lucky sneaker xD

!unmine user command would be to remove OWNERSHIP of that individual users' mines so that anybody could disarm their mines.

Not remove their mines. That's completely impractical.

On 10/9/2017 at 1:21 AM, Madkill40 said:

If there was a user command !unmine which removed your ownership from your mines allowing other players to disarm them that would be handy. Green text to the team stating "Player354 has unowned their mines"

Less hassle and less time consuming than trying to mineban someone 3 or 4 times.

Just to further add...

asd.thumb.png.4e8686e68eb5a5db9eb3b0b66aec5bde.png

Ya type !unmine

>Your mines no longer have ownership but your mines remain alive

>>Green text stating you have removed ownership of your mines appears to your team and your team can now disarm your mines

Edited by Madkill40

On 10/15/2017 at 8:31 AM, Fffreak9999 said:

@Agent This would still trigger the Player is Overmining message, if there was some way for the system to show how many non-essential mines and not trigger the overmine broadcast, then that would also be helpful.

Maybe have the non-essential mines show in a bracket on the UI.

Example: 21/24 mines (3)

..would it be possible to designate a person the overmine would not register for? The thought behind this is just for PUG mostly.

In the past where I was the person designated to defend and mine, but someone else would throw down mines. I'd get yelled at for overmining by some, not that the leader cared because they trusted me.