Whatchya do outside of RenX?

Madkill40

• Totem Arts Staff

I actually did a musical last year, for a local thing; I was the lead character in Esther and The King. I acted a bit in middle school, not much else, though. A fun side job would be voice acting, I think. I also code a bit in NodeJS, and develop a Discord bot for fun.

Currently, every weekend I am a disaster relief coordinator, I am over about 400 volunteers that come on Saturdays and Sundays to help people (No pug for me).

I would draw if I wasn't super bad at it :)

• Totem Arts Staff

LOL i didnt mean to bring this thread to a stand still ... oops... sorry

i might as well kick start this back up as i did kill it

as many of you mi hgt not know i do have a life out side renx lol ... ive got a beautiful 8 month old baby girl you loves keeping me and the wife awake, she pretty much is my who life right now i spend as much time as i can with her ... in 2 months i go for a total hip replacement so i can finally walk with out looking like a shit myself lol and not having all this pain every time i move (well walk in general and be able to finally play on with my baby girl properly ;))

ill amend what i said in the above pose

FAMILY IS LIFE !

• Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Gliven said:

Here is a damn sun-flare you mappers seem to love for some reason. 9_9

Like me!

Outside RenX.....I still go to school :P

Becoming a Game Artist is great experience. I already made some models in Maya thanks to this education. Note that it's not the best you've ever seen and this was made in the second week of my education and I still got 4 years - 2 weeks to go :P

CY_Crane.jpeg.e4c072a41e80bee9d9ad55208de219d1.jpeg

It's just some basic shapes that got extruded and edited shape. It's the Construction Yard Crane from Renegade. No actual release for this model will follow.

Here's a something better model made in the education. The task was to create this chair with only 1 box. So extruding was the solution

59bd3ba4c53c4_SteltmanStoel.jpeg.0677632054b977ef876499296f9ba1c1.jpeg

Another one where I had to use only boxes

59bd3f70f2132_RietveldStoel.jpeg.7e2ef6aea313fdb314594f3ecda3a216.jpeg

Edited by TK0104

I work as a webdev for a medium sized company. I'm pretty much covering all software stuff, ranging from frontend design, implementation and debugging to Backend development in it's whole beauty and ugliness. This includes using the FirstSpirit CMS, which has an internal scripting language (FSSL? Dunno if it has an actual name?) and writing modules and libraries in Java.

Ha nice!
I work as a freelancer in marketing and communication, varying from communication advice to companies to promote their products, till making websites, photos, articles, and so on. Besides work and gaming I like to cook (and also my visitors and my gf like it :)  ), visit musicevents, go for a party or just go out with friends. Besides work I also do some (partly) voluntary stuff varying from helping out local veterans to being on the board (not sure what the correct word is in English) of a youth healtcare organisation or help out with musical events in booking bands, mixing music and whatever comes along. 

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Ryz said:

Ha nice!
I work as a freelancer in marketing and communication, varying from communication advice to companies to promote their products, till making websites, photos, articles, and so on. Besides work and gaming I like to cook (and also my visitors and my gf like it :)  ), visit musicevents, go for a party or just go out with friends. Besides work I also do some (partly) voluntary stuff varying from helping out local veterans to being on the board (not sure what the correct word is in English) of a youth healtcare organisation or help out with musical events in booking bands, mixing music and whatever comes along. 

When are you going to cook for me?

• Totem Arts Staff
33 minutes ago, Ryz said:

Ha nice!

Amazing! That's really being active! I don't understand how could you find time for all this

On 18-9-2017 at 9:12 PM, Sarah! said:

When are you going to cook for me?

Uhm I guess you will not be in the area of Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) often, but if you are I will do it any time!

On 18-9-2017 at 9:36 PM, kira said:

Amazing! That's really being active! I don't understand how could you find time for all this

It's only half of what I do :) 

@kenz3001 good luck with the surgery BTW!
@Sarah! Disaster relief coordinator? I guess cause of the hurricane. How are things there? Not much news anymore about it here... GL!

Edited by Ryz

• Totem Arts Staff
10 hours ago, Ryz said:

Uhm I guess you will not be in the area of Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) often, but if you are I will do it any time!

@Sarah! Disaster relief coordinator? I guess cause of the hurricane. How are things there? Not much news anymore about it here... GL!

Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday I work most of the day organizing, creating and assigning teams their work orders. I process new requests and triage the new work orders we receive. I partially coordinate lunches for the teams and keep inventory of our tools/supplies.

Work is tedious, dirty and disgusting. Basically the same thing at every house. There are large neighborhoods that were destroyed (unlivable). Luckily, mine was not one of them. It's a great thing to see the state and community as a whole overcome our differences and make a positive impact in the lives of each other.  

• Like 3

I work as a programmer in a small-ish coastal town in Sweden. Surprisingly fun work considering it's a large firm.

Other than that, I play Renegade-X and Age of Empires 2. Sometimes I make music if I'm in the mood.

I also like to go out and feed the birds with peanuts and leftovers on the weekends. I mainly want to feed crows and jackdaws, but the seagulls and mallards tend to show up whether I like it or not.

VITSTHG.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That picture, wot?

Talking about real life.... I live in a small city called Bergen op Zoom and nobody ever heard of it. Yet twice a Dutch person playing the game said he lives here. One was a mile away. Last saturday someone sended me his street name. If I look outside my windows I can see this street. I was like WTF.... Strange coincidence. 

• Haha 2

• Totem Arts Staff
15 hours ago, Veyron said:

I'm an engineering grad in can.  have no idea what to do with myself, fell onto the lazy boat so I am looking in moving into healthcare

What kind of engineering? You could help the devs in unreal script for starter :)

4 hours ago, kira said:

What kind of engineering? You could help the devs in unreal script for starter :)

a little bit of everything  electronics, mechanical, electrical, hence why my project was in AUTOCAD.  nothing to do with computer tech though.  for something to do on the side though sure i'll need to find a way to get learning computer code but i'm more interested in designing and using mathematical models like I previously did

Guest Gliven
On 10/4/2017 at 12:20 PM, Veyron said:

a little bit of everything  electronics, mechanical, electrical, hence why my project was in AUTOCAD.  nothing to do with computer tech though.  for something to do on the side though sure i'll need to find a way to get learning computer code but i'm more interested in designing and using mathematical models like I previously did

Have you looked into Civil Engineering? With a background in mechanical and electrical, you could get a job with any large construction firm you wanted.

• 1 month later...

I work at a small E-sports cafe, I sell candy to kids, fix peoples computers, help noobs with basic settings, update games and software, cleaning stuff, sometimes act as a bouncer when troublemakers come in.
very sporadic customer flow, ranges between "so chill that i can sit down and play games myself" and "OHGOD WHY AM I WORKING SOLO WHEN 50+ PEOPLE ARE HERE, SHOOT ME!"

when im not playing Renegade X, Unreal tournament 4, Hearthstone or working, I play the syntheziser, hence my name syntharn.
it roughly translates to "the syntheziser guy", have been playing clav instruments for 15 years or so.

enjoy this 9 year old potato video of me playing drunk with makeshift battery equipment on a festival camp.

• Like 4

I'm actually an honest to goodness DJ, both in nightclubs and on terrestrial radio (which still has more listeners than you might think). On top of that I am a software developer, graphic designer, video editor, voiceover talent, photographer, social media manager, copywriter and do motion-graphics/animation. I have also won the Miss Universe pageant three times.

Spoiler

mlXzb2w.jpg

LPm7LSW.jpg

QvMxqdu.jpg

y6NLfO8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Currently on an 89 hour work week, handling market stalls (crowd control, not selling) every Sunday for 11 hours followed by a 9am - 10pm Mon - Sat show run in Bradford City at the Alhambra Theatre for their christmas pantomime as a Theatre technician. Once performances start I go from a per hour wage to £26.50 per performance Mon - Fri, then £39.75 for performances on Saturdays (2 performances on Saturdays)

Payday is gonna be wicked come January/February after all of this.

The next 6 - 8 weeks of work 7 days a week are going to *be interesting. Makes a nice frikken change, the other theatre I worked at barely gave me any hours.

Edited by Madkill40
*be
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...