[Skrimish] Maps? Mods, Etc~

DonnyDonVito

Hello,

Very new to this game. It's so nice to have an "Upgraded" Renegade experience after not playing the original game for so long.

I don't play online, I usually play single-player Skirmish, and I'm so delighted with the experience so far. The bots are tough for what they are..."bots" that is.

I just wanted to know if there is a way to enhance the Skirmish experience via mods / additional maps / rules (No Tanks, etc).

Thanks for updating me. I am playing version 5.293. 

Also, if there is anyway to support you guys for creating such a masterpiece, please let me know. This is well worth some sort of financial support, even if it isn't directly to RenegadeX since I understand you can't make money off it directly.

Edited by DonnyDonVito

1 hour ago, DonnyDonVito said:

Also, if there is anyway to support you guys for creating such a masterpiece, please let me know. This is well worth some sort of financial support, even if it isn't directly to RenegadeX since I understand you can't make money off it directly.

You could consider making a donation to Constructive Tyranny,  a small community which hosts the main Renegade-X servers (and also servers in other games). Donations will keep the servers running, which allows people to play together.

Still, since you mentioned that you are more of a single-player person, you might not feel committed to donate money for multiplayer servers.

You may notice that the donate section of the site is not entirely updated (it shows March-April at the time of this post), but I can vouch that the donations will still be received and put to good use.

Their domain is "tyrant.gg"

Edited by Jarzey
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
35 minutes ago, DonnyDonVito said:

Thanks fellas, right on point. I always wondered what mutators where when reading in the forum. Double whammy!

That brings on one final question. How do you "install" mutators and maps.

For maps, you simply drag and drop the map file into: ~\Renegade X\UDKGame\CookedPC\Maps\RenX\

When you're on the menu screen at the beginning, hit f5, then type `open mapname`. So you wanted to open Field, you'd type

open CNC-Field

For mutators, you'd have to put the downloaded mutator files into ~\Renegade X\UDKGame\CookedPC\.

On 9/29/2016 at 7:26 PM, Agent said:

For example in-game you might press F5 and type: open CNC-Field?mutators=MyPackage.MyMutator. On a server, you can add ?mutators=MyPackage.MyMutator to your server's batch script. If you have multiple mutators, simply add commas as necessary: ?mutators=MyPackage.MyMutator,MyPackage.MyOtherMutator,RenX_ExampleMutators.InfiniteAmmo

Replace MyPackage.MyMutator with whatever the downloaded mutator tells you to put.

• Like 1

Thanks!
I'll give it a try!

Ok so I'm already confuses haha, I'll be as specific as I can.
I downloaded this mutator "Rx_Mutator_Veterancy_x32" for funsies in skirmish. 

How can I activate it in Skirmish? or are mutators only for "Online / Hosting Server" play?

Edited by DonnyDonVito
Additional Question

• Totem Arts Staff
On 9/29/2016 at 7:26 PM, Agent said:

For example in-game you might press F5 and type: open CNC-Field?mutators=MyPackage.MyMutator. On a server, you can add ?mutators=MyPackage.MyMutator to your server's batch script. If you have multiple mutators, simply add commas as necessary: ?mutators=MyPackage.MyMutator,MyPackage.MyOtherMutator,RenX_ExampleMutators.InfiniteAmmo

I dont know for sure if the Rx_Mutator_Veterancy_x32 still works, you can load that mutator by adding the option below to your command-line. In the root folder of the SDK are files that you can use as an example, you can remove the "server-part" out of the command when you only play single-player.

mutators=Rx_Mutator_Veterancy_x32.Rx_Mutator_Veterancy_x32

6 hours ago, DonnyDonVito said:

How can I activate it in Skirmish? or are mutators only for "Online / Hosting Server" play?

I always start them by change the launcher file, mutators that do work for multiplayer will also work in single-player games.

5 hours ago, DonnyDonVito said:

oh ok so i need to know the map name, and do this per map?

No, you dont need to know what map youre gonna play, you justs load the mutator before/while you start the game.
You can setup mutators so they only work on some specific maps, but mostly they are not, i know only 2 mutators that are like this.

I'd like to also know, is there a way to make the AI more aggressive or smarter ;P? , i find a lot of them chill out at base. Even when setting them to 100% attack

Smarter, aggressive.... i dont think so :).
Maybe you make them a lot stronger by changing the weapons.

Although I really don't feel the effects of "32x" vet power lol. Maybe I'm just understanding the Mutation wrong.

I had the same feeling after i did write this mutator, but on that moment it did work.

Edited by [CT]Ukill
  • Thanks 3