New players are always welcome - and this game is great

ex_member

25 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

* Xeon Wraith, Gliven, Madkill, .... funny why people never mention any tankers

Because tanking is more about positioning and common sense rather than aim? It's a lot easier to get good with a tank than it is to get good with a rifle.

1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

* Xeon Wraith, Gliven, Madkill, .... funny why people never mention any tankers

Don't forget slow and Denuvian!!

1 hour ago, jpjtyld said:

Because tanking is more about positioning and common sense rather than aim? It's a lot easier to get good with a tank than it is to get good with a rifle.

Please do not make it sound trivial. It isn't.

Edited by limsup
  • Like 2

Eh, honestly i'd agree with Jpj for the most part.

Tanking is a numbers game. If you can kill a opponent in fewer hits than they can kill you, you'll win. Stack numbers with VP advantages, position and repairing. Inf battles, eh. Can't really stack numbers much when you can always OHKO with a 1K. Can't comment on how easy/hard either is.

Also, hello new players.

11 minutes ago, Xeon Wraith said:

Eh, honestly i'd agree with Jpj for the most part.

Tanking is a numbers game. If you can kill a opponent in fewer hits than they can kill you, you'll win. Stack numbers with VP advantages, position and repairing. Inf battles, eh. Can't really stack numbers much when you can always OHKO with a 1K. Can't comment on how easy/hard either is.

Also, hello new players.

Also, you need to be aware of where and if you have repairs. Bad tankers arent aware of where their repairs are and lose their vehicles too often. On that same note, good repairs makes the tanker.

14 minutes ago, Henk said:

Can I get a mention for my sick tank repairs?

Henk, dedicated field repairs are often being underappreciated, the glory tends to belong to tankers, but You and other repairs did good, you are the backbone of the armor division^_^ 

Edited by limsup
  • Like 2

A better advice for new players in regards of the skillful players shooters: if you find yourself constantly killed by them, stop charging their camp site brainlessly for the umpteenth time. All they care about their kill/death ratio and not really team players. But YOU can be useful for your team by joining the tankers, providing field repairs, guarding the base against infilrators, spotting enemies, calling snipers out, participating in rushes, transporting infantry or just following the person who’s organising something. By doing so you’ll make a bigger impact for the outcome of the game than just killfarming which –you might have already experienced- barely adds anything to the team apart from the toxicity it generates.

When you get hang of the basics you can try out more advanced tactics but always remember, this is a team based game. Oh, and watch the minelimit.

• Like 3

@DarKnight You should add some pictures to your Facebook posts :)  Also I'm not sure how Facebook algorithm works (I don't think the people at Facebook even do lol), but I've read that adding pictures and videos makes it that your post reaches more people (the video should be on Facebook itself, Facebook's algorithm prefers that over links to Youtube, because YT is part of their competition).

Linking to this site doesn't influence how many people see your post as far as I know

Thanks for sharing this game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Fluid said:

Now downloading the game... I'm a newbie, once I have it, go easy on me!! 

cant remember the discord invitation link, but you'll be able to join the CT Discord here:

http://tyrant.gg/showthread.php?tid=758&pid=3260#pid3260 [Discord Widget]

just join CT Discord and ask anything you want to ask about RenX

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 9:01 AM, dr.schrott said:

DON'T GIVE UP, it is OK to get killed in this game.

I really can't emphasize this enough. I've been playing Renegade since the very beginning (15 years now, wow!) and I'm proud to have one of (maybe THE???) lowest KDR's among active players. Dying has no penalty other than losing your current character and a little bit of pride. If you're dying a lot, it means you're taking risks and trying things, and eventually those things pay off!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2017. 09. 05. at 6:01 PM, dr.schrott said:

Hi to all,

in the last few days I noticed a decent amount of new players and I wanted to say to them:

You are all welcome.

Please don't lose hope and rage quit .

This game is challenging, especially if you face skillful players like poi, xen,  jpj, boxes ...

DON'T GIVE UP, it is OK to get killed in this game.

Also, don't pay attention to messages like:"This game deserves to die ."  which was coming from POI yesterday.

IMAO, this is just an embittered reaction, it does not have to do anything with the game itself.

Beleave me, this game deservers a great success, because it is an astonishing game.

As said, give yourself time and play and learn, then you will really have fun.

I had fun with this game for the past 2 Years, and I still do.

Will do.
Been a c&c fan since tiberian dawn till c&c 4.

Its good to see the first c&c game in first/third person.

And its good to see ,that dedicated people can make a better game ,than those who make AAA shit (EA)and call it c&c.

Thank you for this wonderful game devs.

19 hours ago, djlaptop said:

If you're dying a lot, it means you're taking risks and trying things, and eventually those things pay off!

not necessarily true. depends on your choice of units, feeding the enemy with a constant vehicle-VP-flow weakens you & your team. but I can agree on this: try your best. but please, don't hamper your team (tactics should be the outcome of common sense)

• Confused 2