Beacon placed glitch?

Sailarc

• Totem Arts Staff
15 minutes ago, Radeon3 said:

Or just fix the building. The HON would need some interior renovation as well, in regards of the hidden mines.

True

I'll see if I can fix it on my own package for RenX buildings with ramps.

Edited by Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff
Just now, Crowsy said:

It was Chlenix the one that planted it but im not sure if he did it willingly or not though ( he tends to plant beacons in weird places).

Well, I think he'll get the ban, bug using is bug using, it doesn't matter if he did it intentionally or not. 

But I think a simple blocking volume is enough to fix that, isn't it @Ruud033 @Henk @kenz3001 @TK0104?

Chlenix will have planted that beacon with the intention of potentially glitching the beacon like that.

Most players, if not all players who have been around this community as long as Chlenix are aware of the rules and the consequences of glitching a beacon.

The better question is, do we ban for glitching? Or do we let it slide as he/she discovered a glitch in what was supposed to be fixed a long time ago? 

Just to reiterae, by doing this Chlenix has drawn attention to this glitch which many did think was no longer possible.

Edited by Madkill40

• Totem Arts Staff
21 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

Chlenix will have planted that beacon with the intention of potentially glitching the beacon like that.

Most players, if not all players who have been around this community as long as Chlenix are aware of the rules and the consequences of glitching a beacon.

The better question is, do we ban for glitching? Or do we let it slide as he/she discovered a glitch in what was supposed to be fixed a long time ago? 

Just to reiterae, by doing this Chlenix has drawn attention to this glitch which many did think was no longer possible.

Well, that is a point for the CT and not for these forums. @CampinJeff and @Fffreak9999 have to decide that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

The better question is, do we ban for glitching?

Globally, nobody has ever been permanently banned for glitching (the only glitching I've ever reacted to is people getting vehicles onto infantry only paths or getting out of the play area, but even then killing is sufficient to resolve the issue). Servers are free to make their own rules, but I'd tend to discourage banning users for glitching except in extreme cases.

On 23-8-2017 at 10:59 PM, TK0104 said:

But I think a blocking volume will fix it

No, can't fix this with a blocking volume. You'd need an actual mesh to fix this or we'd need to place the stairs closer to the barracks.. either way it's best to just kick or ban the glitchers like this.

On 8/23/2017 at 2:28 PM, Radeon3 said:

On the contrary, the intention matter the most.

Agreed. On one of the builds of field there was a way to plant a beacon inside one of the rocks. I was unaware and tried to place it next to the rock, but it ended up going inside. I jumped on all-chat and told everyone where it was and that it got hidden inside the rock geometry. The building still was destroyed but nobody could really blame me for glitching.

Of course that doesn't work if certain servers turn off all-chat. xD

• Like 1

• 3 years later...