[Map] CNC-Sunrise

NodSaibot

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, djlaptop said:

Great stuff! Big map. I enjoyed that I kept finding new places to explore. I feel like this map leans slightly GDI due to the GT's just being so persistent (although they can't seem to hit you when you're right in front of them as they can on other maps like lakeside, whiteout).

Only technical issue I found is an invisible blocking volume here: KxXdg47.jpg

Well done! Can't wait to play it for real. I hope you give it a high mine limit.

That issue is already fixed in my version, just yet to render the lights

• 4 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

@yosh56 I'll finish it if @Sarah! is ok with that. Outposts is currently in a stable version and can take a small break from that.

I recently played it and I thought it was too dark for a sunrise. So will do some magic with lighting here and there if that's ok.

Anything else that needs fix?

Edited by TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

@limsup As I said Outposts is in a stable version. Currently no massive bugs or game-breaking things. Currently working on improvements.

@Sarah! I just did some post processing effects to make your map all nicy nice nice. I'll send that version over to you asap.

Also, do some culling please otherwise people will get massive fps drops

• Totem Arts Staff
33 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

But it has to be done! :P

I've also attempted end game cameras, but I can not get them correctly. They always spin around instead of looking straight

image.thumb.png.e4759734755ebdd755dcc7f0ace418d9.png

Paths finally done (again)

Edited by Sarah!

• Totem Arts Staff
Just now, TK0104 said:

I can do the endgame cam if u want. It's for me like less than 1 hour work for me

That would be great, thanks! I will start on the culling and send it over if you want after that. I will be having it rendered later today as well, so that's when I will do the minimap.

• Like 1

pbZR5_AeQhGTN-gg6AU5hA.png

the silo/mushroom cave looks great :)

just took a brief look at your latest release, not sure about the lighting yet. at least the main vehicle path is too gloomy for my taste.

but please @Sarah!.... for the sake of Kane... FIX the damn MESH collisions!!!! I'm aware that this is some rather tedious work but it needs to be done.... looks like nothing changed since v0.92x onwards, there are so many spots where you can hide a character inside some rocks [I did post some 100+ screenshots about this issue in the past]

wNG2deJmTByj0jPJ4j51zg.png

that chinook :D

@Madkill40 Sunrise deserves one of your nice n shiny minimaps :)

• Totem Arts Staff
1 minute ago, DarkSn4ke said:

pbZR5_AeQhGTN-gg6AU5hA.png

the silo/mushroom cave looks great :)

just took a brief look at your latest release, not sure about the lighting yet. at least the main vehicle path is too gloomy for my taste.

but please @Sarah!.... for the sake of Kane... FIX the damn MESH collisions!!!! I'm aware that this is some rather tedious work but it needs to be done.... looks like nothing changed since v0.92x onwards, there are so many spots where you can hide a character inside some rocks [I did post some 100+ screenshots about this issue in the past]

wNG2deJmTByj0jPJ4j51zg.png

that chinook :D

@Madkill40 Sunrise deserves one of your nice n shiny minimaps :)

Old version here ^. And I did fix a lot of them, but I deleted my new version and had to revert to a new one and I lost all the changes

• Sad 1

• Totem Arts Staff
37 minutes ago, Luhrian said:

About the collision problem:

You scaled the rocks too much. Use more but smaller rocks to get a better collision

I know what causes the problem. Like I said, I just don't specifically look for them and I forget that I rolledback a few versions

Edited by Sarah!

Scaling meshes too large really does demotivate, first variant of Frostbite suffered from this much worse to be fair.

I'd quite happily create a minimap, they're an enjoyable process.

@Agent or @Schmitzenbergh or @kenz3001 what is the resolution of the overview map supposed to be in pixels? (Original minimap template dimensions are way off)

• Like 1

Spoiler

MeshGDI_bar.jpg

MeshGDI_bar2.jpg

MeshGDI_bar3.jpg

MeshGDI_pp.jpg
just showing parts of the SBH for a better angle, you can get completely out of sight here
MeshGDI_WF.jpg

MeshNod_pp.jpg

MeshNod_Ref.jpg

MeshNod_strip.jpg

OuterGDIvehpath.jpg
guess you shouldnt be able to climb the rocks here - GDI secondary vehicle path
OuterGDIvehpath_wayup.jpg
the way up
StuckAtHarvWreck.jpg
stuck
StuckatNodOuterInfPath.jpg
stuck - Nod secondary vehicle path (inf plateau)
TunnelsAreExtremelyBright.jpg
while the map is rather gloomy, the tunnels at the sniper perches are extremely bright. eye-hurting :P
WreckCollisions.jpg
beware of "floating" SBHs
WreckedHravy.jpg

@Sarah!

just added the mesh spots inside the bases again, there are still a couple of spots outside the bases, just check my previous uploads

+ some stuck spots and other things

edit: the GDI harvy commits suicide from  time to time. guess it gets stuck eventually, never observed it though - probably already known

Regards,

Sn4ke

Edited by DarkSn4ke
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
9 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:
  Reveal hidden contents

MeshGDI_bar.jpg

MeshGDI_bar2.jpg

MeshGDI_bar3.jpg

MeshGDI_pp.jpg
just showing parts of the SBH for a better angle, you can get completely out of sight here
MeshGDI_WF.jpg

MeshNod_pp.jpg

MeshNod_Ref.jpg

MeshNod_strip.jpg

OuterGDIvehpath.jpg
guess you shouldnt be able to climb the rocks here - GDI secondary vehicle path
OuterGDIvehpath_wayup.jpg
the way up
StuckAtHarvWreck.jpg
stuck
StuckatNodOuterInfPath.jpg
stuck - Nod secondary vehicle path (inf plateau)
TunnelsAreExtremelyBright.jpg
while the map is rather gloomy, the tunnels at the sniper perches are extremely bright. eye-hurting :P
WreckCollisions.jpg
beware of "floating" SBHs
WreckedHravy.jpg

edit: the GDI harvy commits suicide from  time to time. guess it gets stuck eventually, never observed it though - probably already known

Regards,

Sn4ke

It's impossibly hard to get harvesters to do exactly what they're supposed to

• 2 weeks later...