[Map] CNC-Sunrise

NodSaibot

• Totem Arts Staff
6 minutes ago, Sarah! said:

FIle uploaded and new version now available!!!

It is rendered in production lighting, ignore that it says render lights, it lies.

You sure that you didn't move anything after the lgihtning build? It can happen very quick by accident. You need to save it immediatly after the build is finished to prevent crashes (what happend to me way too often) and little accidents like this.

• Totem Arts Staff
59 minutes ago, Luhrian said:

You sure that you didn't move anything after the lgihtning build? It can happen very quick by accident. You need to save it immediatly after the build is finished to prevent crashes (what happend to me way too often) and little accidents like this.

Very sure, i think some setting is messed up.

• Totem Arts Staff

File in zip format now, includes install instructions and the package/mapfile for it.

Added water volume, added water post process effects.

Added mountains in the back (probably not the most efficient way ever)

Finished the bars for catwalk

Rendered in production lights.

Edited by Sarah!

You need to make the large rocks smaller so their collision mesh is closer to the actual mesh. Their collision doesn't align to the mesh perfectly, and this difference between the actual mesh and the collision mesh gets bigger when you scale the rocks. That collision doesn't algin perfectly mainly to keep the collision mesh simple, which is better for performance.

Another thing you can do is add blocking volumes along the rocks.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Henk said:

You need to make the large rocks smaller so their collision mesh is closer to the actual mesh. Their collision doesn't align to the mesh perfectly, and this difference between the actual mesh and the collision mesh gets bigger when you scale the rocks. That collision doesn't algin perfectly mainly to keep the collision mesh simple, which is better for performance.

Another thing you can do is add blocking volumes along the rocks.

I've been doing this, changed a lot around HON and I've been looking for bigger rocks around the map

• Totem Arts Staff

Latest build is now live. Check it out!

I know the differently colored trees have a weird shaking animation. They are made for a rain and windy map (Storm, CrashSite and Mesa) I will be replacing them soon. I just wanted to see how a mix of trees looked

Edited by Sarah!

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Sarah is making good progress on Sunrise :) waiting for the next release ^^

[bug reports / feedback discussed on Discord, don't expect screenshots here sny time soon :P maybe I'll post a review with "gameplay" screenshots (no bugs -_- once the map gets released)]

Riiiiiight

• Totem Arts Staff
41 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

the map is WIP, culling not important atm ;) anyway Sarah, do you know when you'll have the time to finish the next release? xD:x

I didn't add what you suggested yet, thinking of a better way to do it currently.

Starting my render now, if its uninterrupted new build ETA: 4 hours.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
6 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Adding culling for the trees would help anyway, it's fairly simple and makes a huge difference.

I would do that, when the map is almost done. If you cull now you are changing something, the culling could beacome bad, because some stuff is appearing too late.

Example: Airstrip tower on Lakeside (flying).

Will take a look on it soon. Maybe tomorrow.

• Totem Arts Staff
9 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

hmm, will wait for the next version. you didnt fix the mesh collisions yet? so many spots where you can hide your character ~99-100% (sometimes a boot is sticking out^^) even inside the bases, e.g. around HoN & WF

Yes it should mostly be fixed

@Sarah! another 60 screenshots inc.

http://tank.stalker-contact.de/Sunrise v.0.9.2.rar

[mesh collisions: there are more, I just uploaded those where you can hide your character ~70-100%, I'm usually shooting at the exact spot so you can see where it is (apart from the description)]

• fix the harvesters
  • please consider to add additional (visual) blockers at the "blocked road" (too easy to splash-spam the enemy base entrance with Arties / MRLS)
  • as you already know: I suggest a shift to the new GDI WF vehicle entrance (it's currently a drawn-out gorge, too easy to defend)
  • please add visual blockers - to the new vehicle routes / the bases (Ref / shore area) a forest is no visual blocker... for infantry xD
  • ask @Madkill40 for an overview map :P

Good luck finishing Sunrise! You're making good progress :)

Edited by DarkSn4ke

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff! Big map. I enjoyed that I kept finding new places to explore. I feel like this map leans slightly GDI due to the GT's just being so persistent (although they can't seem to hit you when you're right in front of them as they can on other maps like lakeside, whiteout).

Only technical issue I found is an invisible blocking volume here: KxXdg47.jpg

Well done! Can't wait to play it for real. I hope you give it a high mine limit.

• Like 1