[B]Veyron

I feel like If I don't do this then I feel something's wrong or something and when I mean this I mean posting it here other than keeping it to myself... :S  Anyways as planned because this is in my line of things to do here's my version of the tech center.  

There will be 3 sections: 1: prison (smaller section) 2: science research( either medium or big) 3: not sure yet.

Doing this in CAD again and my reason for that is I can't seem to find the functions I need in order to design such items in Maya.  Since the only two progs I have atm is maya and autocad.  With autocad I am able to erase certain portions of shapes with other shapes and that allows me to EASILY configure a certain space.  Beware expect the same quality and outlook as the temple* 

This is just a snippet, started on it today.  I will design this much like I did with the Temple with various rooms and new things you can expect to do inside a building like this.   

tech.jpg

RA1_Technology_center.jpg

Technology_Center.jpg

Edited by [B]Veyron
  • Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff
17 hours ago, Veyron said:

I feel like If I don't do this then I feel something's wrong or something and when I mean this I mean posting it here other than keeping it to myself... :S  Anyways as planned because this is in my line of things to do here's my version of the tech center.  

There will be 3 sections: 1: prison (smaller section) 2: science research( either medium or big) 3: not sure yet.

Doing this in CAD again and my reason for that is I can't seem to find the functions I need in order to design such items in Maya.  Since the only two progs I have atm is maya and autocad.  With autocad I am able to erase certain portions of shapes with other shapes and that allows me to EASILY configure a certain space.  Beware expect the same quality and outlook as the temple* 

This is just a snippet, started on it today.  I will design this much like I did with the Temple with various rooms and new things you can expect to do inside a building like this.   

tech.jpg

RA1_Technology_center.jpg

Technology_Center.jpg

Daaaamn son! xD

here it is when I import it.  ended up being smaller than I wanted it but flame tank and officers for scale and UDK basic land cube for scale too.  never mind the glitched out roof I have yet to union the pieces in CAD

tech2.jpg

Edited by [B]Veyron
  • Like 1

I should be doing something else atm but just a quick redo of the center.  Tried to get close to the TD vers.  let me know! Refinery for scale. 

So it's built and designed like this.  3 cones - some large height - cut off from some distance from the ground - added in 3 rectangles for rooms - a mixture of 3 cylinders and 6 spheres for the 3 domes - 3 cylinders for pipes.  I also subtracted some height from the structure to add the ledges you see in the TD version while they may be high walls I made them so as infantry can still shoot over them.  

Also - note the texture quality :D mine's so puny!!! oh well I think it'll look pretty cool

Nod captured Tech Center* (question: would something like this be kismet?)

tech1.jpg

tech3.jpg

Edited by [B]Veyron
  • Like 1

I know you're sticking to the original version from the cutscenes but for my taste the outer walls are scaled too high.

what kind of building function do you have in mind?

something like this Tech Centre in the middle of the map, GDI / Nod fighting for it - who got it will have access to high tier stuff (Mammoth / Stankz / Moebius / Sydney / Havoc etc.)?

Edited by DarkSn4ke

• 3 weeks later...

The scale is quite big (to big in my opinion) to be a viable tech building candidate. I personally think the tech building should be part as an objective in the map, once captured, such an objective area should never be useful to say in, else there's no further goal to move to and the gameplay will stall.. (boring map)

Scale it down by factor 0,33 and try again?