[Mod] Left Handed

Axesor

Left Handed     DOWNLOAD: LeftHanded.u

This mutator combines several ideas that I personaly liked.

• Timed c4's removed from most of the units (SBH, and Patch still has 1x c4)
  • Havoc, and Sakura got 2x timed c4, and 2x remote c4.
  • Advanced Enginners got 1x timed c4

***The damage of some weapons againts buildings, MCT, and vehicles been slightly increased to compensate timed c4 removal***

***Also grenades, and smoke grenades been added instead of timed c4 (Mobius, and Mendoza has Tiberium Grenades || Officer's got grenade, and smoke grenade***

• Advanced Engineers got mutated SMG's instead of Heavy Pistols. Hotwire got Silenced SMG.

• Sniper Rifles including Ramjet Rifles now got slight spread while hip-firing. Makes them still effective in close range combat, but for medium/long range they need to use Carbine's, or scope for 100% accuracy.
  • Carbine magazine size increased to 50
  • SMG magazine size increased to 40 || base damage slightly increased || headshot multiplier is 2x now. All this done to make SMG > silenced pistol, but < Heavy Pistol.
  • Shotgun range is 3x bigger than original. Why does it need such a short range anyway?
  • Grenade Launcher explosion radius been slightly increased, making them.. not useless agains infantry
  • Personal Ion Cannon, and Railgun: Headshot multiplier is 1x now.

I will appreciate any feedbacks about gameplay. I hope that this mutator will break routine gameplay, and will brighten up the gameplay at least for a while.

Edited by Axesor
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Axesor said:

Shotgun range is 3x bigger than original. Why does it need such a short range anyway?

Because only the source engine over-compensates with sniper-shotguns. ;) 

But hey, so long as you can't get heavy impact headshots with a shotgun several metres away then it won't feel OP or broken. :) 

A mod/mutator such as this for a server is a cool concept on the whole "Why join this server over that server" front, so long as a server running it states in its name <Renegade X - [Mod] Left Handed> so players know this isn't vanilla RenX. This is interesting for server diversity. Good job!

Thank you @Madkill40. I just wish that this mutator will be installed on some server at least for a half of day.

About that shotgun.. it has big spread anyway, and I couldnt do a heavy impact even to bot while aiming. Too short range feels too limited for no reason to me, so I decided to change it.

I planned to do much bigger changes, but Iam too lazy for it right now, and also dont know how to archieve what Iam aiming for :D maybe somebody will help.. I want to change building health and armor, and make armor to regenerate itself. (Also make repair guns not be able to repair buildings, but I already did this.)