Please at least attempt to install or patch using the launcher first and report any issues before downloading the full builds.

If anyone has issues with patching through the launcher or installing via the MSI file, please post in Technical Support first.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I expect them to post that they're having an issue with the .msi. That way if there's a legitimate problem with the launcher, we can fix it. That way if there's a legitimate problem with their system, we can try to help fix it. That way we can prevent legitimate permissions problems that come from installing it this way, which actually causes issues with the launcher.

This method of installation is neither encouraged nor supported. It's a last resort option.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
11 minutes ago, iTweek. said:

do not think the cdn server will cache 10 gb files. ovh makes for example only php, java, html, image file in some size

DigitalOcean's CDN is specifically designed for file storage and downloading. It will distribute it through their network. You're free to maintain your mirrors though :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
On 10/18/2018 at 4:24 PM, NodCommander said:

A question I have been meaning to ask since forever: What happened with torrent downloads? I have a really awful net, downloading the client is actually difficult at times for me due to issues with HTTP downloads.

Whats the issue? the launcher downloads updates compareable to torrents, as in it downloads blocks and can restart if its ever stopped.  I'd love to see how we can help you.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:42 AM, Cronus said:

Whats the issue? the launcher downloads updates compareable to torrents, as in it downloads blocks and can restart if its ever stopped.  I'd love to see how we can help you.

One word: Speed limits. I only have (so far) a realistic 6-7 Mbit/s download, sure I can download the game eventually. However, as soon as I do, the internet becomes unusable for the rest of the people in the household.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't download from renegade x latest client actually I've been waiting for 2 hours but download still pending, i right clicked on renegade directory to check if file size changed but its not its still 10.3mb nothing is downloaded.

but later i found this alternate download link, so I downloaded 2 parts (part 1 and 2) of full build renegade x v5.3.67 but shocked to discover both archive are corrupted.  Please help me!

renx.jpg

renx2.jpg

renx2.jpg

Edited by xfahim666

• Totem Arts Staff
31 minutes ago, xfahim666 said:

I couldn't download from renegade x latest client actually I've been waiting for 2 hours but download still pending, i right clicked on renegade directory to check if file size changed but its not its still 10.3mb nothing is downloaded.

but later i found this alternate download link, so I downloaded 2 parts (part 1 and 2) of full build renegade x v5.3.67 but shocked to discover both archive are corrupted.  Please help me!

renx.jpg

renx2.jpg

renx2.jpg

Sounds like you have internet problems.  Where are you located? The launcher works great. Make sure you use the latest version.

start the launcher and if it says your games are incorrect, press NO to start the launcher normally. Then right above on settings -> Verify Game intergrity

That usually helps too.

I have to check the webserver times .. No matter how many times I upload the same error. I think that is due to output the file of PHP script.

On 1/21/2019 at 5:24 AM, xfahim666 said:

Spoiler

renx.jpgrenx2.jpgrenx2.jpg

Thank you for your message. It does not work as a part somehow. I re-uploaded it and at the same time another webscript.

I downloaded it several times now. No more mistakes.

Try it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Cronus said:

Do you have an issue downloading renx currently?

No, the patcher works (although it does take up ALL my bandwidth during the patch downloads and there is no way for to adjust the mB/s) but I would like to have a copy of the standalone installer because as I outlined in this thread:

I have no faith in EA to not come after this project at some point. I would like to have a copy for continuity...    just in case.

• Totem Arts Staff

You can download various programs to limit a specific programs limitations. Just have a google around. This is a nice request, however most often we get people wanting FASTER downloads, so its fresh getting something different!

EA is fine, dont worry about that. And lets say they take it down.  You still have the game locally.  You can copy the directory to any PC, install ue3redist.exe and you're good to go. So having it as a downloadable exe is the same thing.

We want to make it easy to use and function like other games do.  They don't have a random torrent or download of their game files, Its all handled in their launchers.  We're just following suit and its the best way to make sure everyone has the same experience.

• Like 2