[MAP] CNC-Fallen

IllumZar

Hey all and happy new year! ^^

So are you ready for another "unappreciated map-kun"? :D

Well, I'm currently fiddling with some deathmatch settings, testing out material instances, landscapes... and it seems like that my former test map is going to be an unexpected Deathmatch map O.o

It's set (as the name implies) in an tiberium wasteland with, due to high tiberium exposure, destroyed buildings and toxic lakes.

Team DM settings: 2 vs 2

Some WIP pics:

Spoiler

prev02.png

Noone knows what time of day it really is... the only source of light is the giganic green shimmering, deadly lake in the north.

prev05.png

Nod forces had to abandon their research facilities due to the high Tiberium contamination

prev04.png

Wanna take a bath?

prev01.png

They are watching you...

prev03.pngprev07.png

And so it beginns...

prev06.png

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DON'T MAKE ANY DICKJOKES D:

Special thanks to:

Ruud for the Scrin Ship mesh

HappyConscript for the TibWater Material

Nmenth for the Tiberian Wolf picture

Please remember that the map is still a WIP :P

What are your thoughts on this? I'd appreciate any form of feedback^^

1 hour ago, TK0104 said:

Never seen that Tiberium Tree :o

I really missed those Blossom Trees since RenX came out.

It's just small "Basalt" rocks stocked on top of eachother. I experimented with some Material Instances that allowed it to move without kismet.

But dunno if it's benefitial or not :o

So in action it would be slightly pulsating, moving and emitting spores.

Nice. Looks like a C&C 3 Red Zone. Does the ship fly in/by with a matinee at some point? You can also do it during the end game cam so everyone sees it (with the scoreboard on top, but still).

And how many polys are you using for that tree?

I think it's possible to go really crazy with materials and have a tiberium tree (1 mesh) that looks like it's pumping out tiberium fumes. So not with animations but just with material functions. But not sure..

Looks good there!

Here's a sound file which I've wanted to use for CS at first, but never got trough, maybe you can do something with it;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgXyJp7Cq5MzjN4hNsyptXdOd-8stQ

Good luck :) Remember to cull those 'dead' trees since they contain a tonne of polygons per piece.

I definitely like the atmosphere in this map!

22 hours ago, Henk said:

Does the ship fly in/by with a matinee at some point?

Yes it does! 2 mins after first level start; and after that every 6 or 7 mins. :)

2 hours ago, Ruud033 said:

Looks good there!

Here's a sound file which I've wanted to use for CS at first, but never got trough, maybe you can do something with it;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgXyJp7Cq5MzjN4hNsyptXdOd-8stQ

Hey wow that's exactly what I needed :o ! Thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

I like that Tiberium Badlands idea really. But I have a little suggestion for you. Maybe you played "Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars".

This game contains a " Detergent Accelerator" (Deutsch/German: Wachstumsbeschleuniger) from scrins. I don't think that is the right translation, but I hope you know what I mean. I think it would be really nice to add this bulding into a tiberium stock in this map. It would be really nice to see that on Crash Site too.

20170116180219_1.jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/articles//a/7/4/7/1/6/1-wachstumsbeschleuniger.jpg/EG11/resize/300x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

I hope you like it :)

Edited by (Ger)Luhrian

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes I know what you mean (I am German^^). But I doubt there would be any use for this "building" to be on a map :/ (to increase Tiberium growth? But there is no growth in RenX)

Maybe as deco... But then again, someone has to model it and that's not my speciality. xD:P

• Totem Arts Staff

Well that would be an new awesome challange to improve my Modelling Skills but there is lack of time and i have to done the CY first :P
Yea i like these Ideas, i'm a huge fan from such dark, abandoned and kinda destroyed Areas with Ruins and stuff - I would love it, if it makes it to an release and maby for more then a Team-Deathmatch-Map.
I made already some plans about such a Map but there is also the problem with the time and other prioritys - "dayum!"

Well just keep it up the good work and see how it goes!

Greez. DaKuja

But what would the scrin be doing on land in the first tiberium war?

I can understand a Scrin surveillance ship crashing down (or flying by) because of malfunctions or being shot down or hit by a meteorite. But actual ground activity from Scrin happened in the 3rd Tiberium War.

Kind of a nerdy comment I know :P But things in your levels should make sense in my opinion, it should have a story, some kind of reason for being there.

• Like 2

On 17.1.2017 at 0:40 AM, DaKuja said:

I would love it, if it makes it to an release and maby for more then a Team-Deathmatch-Map.

If you want to take a look at it I can release it. The major design of this map is finished. :)

8 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

The things on the ground in the last pic. Is that.... Tiberium Veins from TS?

Well, YES with a lot of imagination^^ It's supposed to be some sort of "root" connecting the riparius.